Damned major factions

Users who are viewing this thread

Evilknightz

Grandmaster Knight
The major factions of the game (mexico and the USA) don't start campaigns, they just patrol around castles every once in a while. campaign is lacking in action with factions because of this.

Seriously, the campaign map AI is wimpy and defensive now.

Well i dont really get the point?

Actually im at day 412, "Officer" for the US, and the US are at war with Mexico since a good bunch of days, guess 30 or so, still no end in sight. We captured some Forts and at the moment try to get control of the big citys ... Just befor this, Mexico was at war with the apaches, commanches are beaten in the early days by the apaches and mexico... Also the Bandits and Lawman are at war with each other from time to time. All of them trying to get the enemys big towns and forts captured. So what do you mean in special?

Cheers!

I know what he means...

They go to war, fight some skirmishes, but never really undertake large campaigns...

Just like Native.

Over-hauling the world map AI like that would take a lot of work, especially considering it's not really an important feature of 1866.

The Last Day's are doing a good job of that however.

Austupaio said:
Just like Native.

Over-hauling the world map AI like that would take a lot of work, especially considering it's not really an important feature of 1866.

The Last Day's are doing a good job of that however.

In native you can actualy find major groups of your allies in enemy territories frequently, in 1866 they seem to puppyguard their forts all day long

I've seen them launch some major campaigns, but usually only after they've lost some serious ground (typically to the Native Americans). I think the problem may be that there's not enough lords per faction, so they tend to simply patrol what they already have. The Natives on the other hand start with very little, so they have a lot of excess lords ready to go on the march.

Shatari said:
I've seen them launch some major campaigns, but usually only after they've lost some serious ground (typically to the Native Americans). I think the problem may be that there's not enough lords per faction, so they tend to simply patrol what they already have. The Natives on the other hand start with very little, so they have a lot of excess lords ready to go on the march.

I think you might be right, 1866 needs more generals, read dis highlander!

IDK, I'm an officer in the US army and it seems that I'm the one doing all the work, while the rest of them are resting in castles and chasing caravans.

tFighterPilot said:
IDK, I'm an officer in the US army and it seems that I'm the one doing all the work, while the rest of them are resting in castles and chasing caravans.
Thats what i mean! The generals puppy guard and harrass but they dont engage each others armies.

The worse is when the marshel asks you to follow him, and then he just rests in the castles, forcing you to stay there to if you don't want to fail the mission.

I'd be interested to hear if anybody has any good ideas for new kinds of interactions between factions, particularly the lawmen/bandit factions.

And I agree the AI needs to be more aggressive on their campaigns.

Gangs should be raiding villages, with the lawmen following them to interupt it.

Native mount and blade has more "Strategic action". This mod is fantastic, the gun fighting feels nice and fresh,
but the problem is that there are little generals, not many villages and forts. Probably it would be nice to add France, as in that period
in the north france still had territories in canada. {Not sure though} Or you could add Texas.
I don't know, i'm not very instructed in this time period in america, but you should definitevely add some action.

Elijah said:
Native mount and blade has more "Strategic action". This mod is fantastic, the gun fighting feels nice and fresh,
but the problem is that there are little generals, not many villages and forts. Probably it would be nice to add France, as in that period
in the north france still had territories in canada. {Not sure though} Or you could add Texas.
I don't know, i'm not very instructed in this time period in america, but you should definitevely add some action.
I know, We need to take a large chunk of mexico and america's territories and give them to a new faction

I joined the americans because I always wanted to be one of the chosen few to be born in Alabama. And man their camp pains sure do suck. The general thought it would be a good idea to chill with his homies around Fort Miles and eat a few cows. The indians on the other hand were a bit more aggressive, they stole one of our forts! I almost defecated stone bricks when I saw that happen!

But man the americans sure have great saloons.

Shrugging Khan said:
Maybe, in embracing historical inaccuracy (although not the entirely unthinkable), considerations might be made regarding the possible reconquest of the colonies by the brits?  :grin:
:O!!!! 1866 2 revenge of the paddywagons

Shrugging Khan said:
Maybe, in embracing historical inaccuracy (although not the entirely unthinkable), considerations might be made regarding the possible reconquest of the colonies by the brits?  :grin:
Well I am getting a bit of topic here but why dose Britan need the West?? The Brits would get raped by even girls..

Don't be such a douche. The Brits owned half of the world in those days. Pay more attention during History!

Back
Top Bottom