Custom Settlements 0.675 Download & Description & Discussion

Users who are viewing this thread

I have Custom settlements 0.675 source and I have started to play around with it making a few changes. If there is anyone that wants to continue developing it or maybe make another mod based on it, I am more than happy to join forces with it. I have a little experience in python and module system. My ideea is to make  another mod based on Custom settlements, keeping the basic ideea. The mod setting would be Calradia after the Great Migrations Era.

Lup_Alb said:
I have Custom settlements 0.675 source and I have started to play around with it making a few changes. If there is anyone that wants to continue developing it or maybe make another mod based on it, I am more than happy to join forces with it. I have a little experience in python and module system. My ideea is to make  another mod based on Custom settlements, keeping the basic ideea. The mod setting would be Calradia after the Great Migrations Era.

i could help you with units/factions/weapons as i dont know how to work with module system or python

If you want to do a mod worth something, you need to work with Module System. It is the only way to try to continue developing this mod. I am tempering now with the faction relations. a change with only -0.1, made the mercenaries allies of the bandits against the adventurers:smile:. I have also changed some parties templates increasing the number of immigrant peasants and I made the looters a little tougher. The settlements are growing a little faster that way and also the battles are more interesting.

Just for the Mount&Blade Classic for now. Maybe ... if I will have enough time, after I will understand better the code of the module and there will be enough interested people to make a team, We will try a porting to Warband.

FYI. I'm looking at CS after I finish the next version of Freelancer. But it's going to take some time :wink: ...but count me in

I'm getting an odd error just trying to start the mod, it says unable to open file: CommonRes\ani_walk_sideways.brf any solution?

raneravenger said:
I'm getting an odd error just trying to start the mod, it says unable to open file: CommonRes\ani_walk_sideways.brf any solution?
Are you using M&B version 1.011?
This kind of error usually only occurs when you use the wrong version or Warband.

this is a single player mod correct? i hope someone makes a multiplayer version out of this  :cool:

@Berpol
is there a specific version of M&B we would need for this mod?

Mount&Blade Classic v. 1.011 (last version). Here is the link to the last version of the installer http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=2595. This is the first Mount&Blade, before Mount&Blade Warband.

The difference between the repository and the mount fan blade download time is ridiculous! Repository 30 minutes, fan blade 3. Thanks for the alternative download :lol:

I've arleady ported it into warband and add/change some features, but that just for fun. It sounds good that someone will continue on this mod, I'm also looking forward to help on this project.

Hi to all,

as a complete beginner with M&B (2weeks ago) after rather short time missed the possibility to build an own village or so. Fell over this mod, am completely enthousiastic about it. Because the search function in this forum is, sorry, completely crap, here a beginner´s question:
How do I increase productivity beyond 50? Prosperity is growing, and Custow has a productivity near 100. Any chance?

Sorry to read that wickedshot quit working on this jewel, it´s what I´ve been looking for after about 5-7 hours of playing. Has some minor things questionable (monthly income, for example), but all in all it´s great! Thanks for that one!

greetings DuncanIdaho

You (as the owner of the settlement) need to buy tools and keep them in your inventory, then talk to any of your workers in the settlement. They will ask you for tools and you can give the tools you have bought to them. Each tool will increase your productivity by 2%.

Hi, Lup_Alb,

thanks for the tip, hadn´t realized that. Was always a dialogue option but I didn´t know what to do about.

Next question: Had twice now disappearing of weapons in the usable slots of my companions. Is this a known bug?

One more: Conquered a settlement - and missed all the gouverning possibilities I have in my first one. How that?!? Am I not supposed to develop a conquered settlement?

Happily playing along greetings DuncanIdaho

Had twice now disappearing of weapons in the usable slots of my companions
Never happened to me? What version do you use?
Conquered a settlement - and missed all the gouverning possibilities I have in my first one. How that?!?
You need to appoint a lord for the conquered settlement. The first two heroes you have in your party will follow you into any settlement, so choose who you want for lord in that settlement and place him first in your party list. Then enter settlement and talk to that hero. You will have a dialog option :  - I want you to be lord/lady of "settlement name".After that leave the settlement and your companion will leave youe party and form a party of his/hers own. You can talk to him/her and give troops, equipment items, check his/hers stats and leve-up at any time. And did you appoint a stedward for your first settlement? it is done the same way.

Hi, Lup_Alp,

thanks for the fast reply :wink:

Version: If I got my numbers right, it´s M&B 1.011, and CS 0.675. It is Rawer, out of her slot the clubs disappear (verified right now).

Appoint a Lord: Had a Steward for my homebase, and a Lord for the new one - but had expected to be able to build up the new one like my homebase. No chance for that?!? What is the benefit, if I can´t create my next e2/m2-settlement to keep all those bandits, swadians aso down?

greetings DuncanIdaho

DuncanIdaho said:
Appoint a Lord: Had a Steward for my homebase, and a Lord for the new one - but had expected to be able to build up the new one like my homebase. No chance for that?!? What is the benefit, if I can´t create my next e2/m2-settlement to keep all those bandits, swadians aso down?
Sorry, for now it is not possible to order the upgrade of settlements other than your own.
Wickedshot originally planned to implement the option to move resources (wood, stone, money) to your vassals. This should have triggered the upgrade (when they have enough).

Back
Top Bottom