Custom Settlements 0.675 Download & Description & Discussion

Users who are viewing this thread

wickedshot

Sergeant Knight
Custom Settlements 0.675 Full Download (alternate download via Mountfanblade.com)
Source Code (includes module system and text files)

Custom Settlements Brief Description
A mod where you can claim a small camp and build it all the way up into a Castle Town, and then become a King/Queen and start making your friends into Lords/Ladies in charge of their own settlements and having your own kingdom.
The world is constantly growing and changing.
Original Thread with more in depth descriptions

0.675 Additions Specifics:
many fixes, not savegame compatible
includes City Add-on (13 more settlements and many new heroes) by Berpol (check http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,68059.0.html for specifics)
includes OSP Add-on by AvaRice
cosmetic improvements to interface by Berpol and Liquidninja
more mercenary buy options
more bribe options
more ways to gain resources (patrolling a settlement gains some resources, can buy and sell resources from your settlements merchants)
changed settlement defense

Add-ons:
Both Add-ons (City Add-on by Berpol and OSP Add-on by AvaRice) are no longer required as an extra download.  They are included in the main download.  New versions of the Add-ons may appear and can be used with the main download to achieve a more updated version.

Possible Issues:
Some people seem to have an issue with some of the items added in the 1.20 OSP Add-on.  The issue causes the game to crash when you talk to merchants or use the character screen.
If you have this problem, you need to:
-Download the Source Code (includes module system and text files) and use the updated text files (by copying them and pasting them over the main installs files).
That should make the offending item a non-issue.  I personally don't have this issue so am having a hard time pinning it down.  You should make sure you have a clean install when you do this, and you must start a new game afterwards.

0.675 is not savegame compatible.

Btw, when's the next version coming out? I'm gonna start making the trailer if it's more than 1 month.

Hard to say, the full version with all add-ons will be less frequently updated, but the Add-ons and source code will be more frequently updated as progress is made.  I'll try to release full versions whenever theres anything significant made.

Hi, thanks for a great mod!!

Once a faction (main faction in control of Custow) has taken over a location, I have noticed that it stays unoccupied for some time; waiting for some bandits to retake it and the whole cycle start over again ....

Do the AI Factions recruit lords to take care of these newly conquered settlements? If so, how long does it take?

Thanks!

No, they don't assign lords/ladies yet.  Thats what I'm working on for 0.68, that is, Lords/Ladies/Kings/Queens hiring other heroes to fill positions.  Besides Kings/Queens hiring other heroes as Lords/Ladies, the plan is to make Lords/Ladies/Kings/Queens hire other heroes as their merchants, captains, stewards, caravan masters, etc.

Thx for your reply. Will these settlements (in this version) then eventually grow? I was thinking of adding some population to give them a kick start.

Hey, I noticed that Peasants are becoming a rarity with so many settlements.
You might want to add some more peasant waves, or increase Custows peasant spawning rate.

ive been thinking of making one of the settlements start as economy level 2 and filled with tons of peasants

Yeah thatd be great.
Think of it, all the other characters get units automatically, while you gotta chase after rarely - non existing peasants,  if you dont want to spend a fortune for crappy mercenaries  :eek:

mollsomg / TWC said:
Yeah thatd be great.
Think of it, all the other characters get units automatically, while you gotta chase after rarely - non existing peasants,  if you dont want to spend a fortune for crappy mercenaries  :eek:

Here's what I do:

Go to my settlement.  Select "Ride towards settlement".  Leave my computer and go do something else for a long time (sleep, go to work, build a scale model of the Kremlin out of popsicle sticks).  Come back and go to the place in my settlement where the travelers congregate, and welcome them all to my settlement ("This place is amazing!").  Boom, scores of peasants.

The Bandit faction is the coolest though...
A **** load of mediocre, light armoured troops and a lot of blunters for "convincing" other peasant settlements to lend their people to you.

Next question:

Do you plan to alter
- Pathfinding
- Leadership

in the future?

Pathfinding up, to ease those loooong hours of walking around on the map.
Leadership, because to be successful in Native System, you gotta go on Charisma quite a bit to get a decent amount of troops with you. Now that's all good ok,
but in Custom Settlements there are lots of enemies, and huge parties, not to mention the Garrisons, and I would like to focus my character more on Str, Dex, Int, then to spend half of my points in Charisma/Leadership, just to survive, when playing as the bandits for example.

Ya, after that many hours of playing your corruption will be high enough to buy bandits too, so not only will you have tons of peasants but if you've got the money you can hire yourself a bandit army heh.

About skills, alter how?

Do you mean like make each point of pathfinding make you move even faster than currently?
Generally rather than deal with the issue of taking long hours to go places, I'll want to make it more fun to stay near your settlement.

Do you mean make leadership offer more troops than it does currently?
I think you can get huge armies currently without much charisma or leadership, simply because you can get tons of lords/ladies to follow you around, plus because they're just following you instead of actually in your party, they don't slow you down as much.

wickedshot said:
About skills, alter how?

Do you mean like make each point of pathfinding make you move even faster than currently?
Generally rather than deal with the issue of taking long hours to go places, I'll want to make it more fun to stay near your settlement.

Yeah that's what I meant, instead of 3% speed per point, something like 6%.
But "making it more fun to stay near your settlement" would be the perfect solution!
I'm glad you want to take it this way, because especially in the early game, I find myself wandering the whole map up and down, and camping non-stop infront of Custow.

wickedshot said:
Do you mean make leadership offer more troops than it does currently?
I think you can get huge armies currently without much charisma or leadership, simply because you can get tons of lords/ladies to follow you around, plus because they're just following you instead of actually in your party, they don't slow you down as much.

Oh ok, I didn't know that this is implemented already. Ok with that option the problem is solved, thanks :smile:

Back
Top Bottom