Currently working on...

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
And now some additions to the orc troop tree!

The troop tree is now as follows:

rider->  pouncer
              warrior<                                bear warrior
                            raider-> ravager <  juggernaut
looter<
              hunter->archer->deathshot

By the way, as you can see, I made orc skins darker and less shiny.

As always, the stats probably need some adjustments.

Proficiency seems a bit high for the Deathshot, but then again might be needed because of balance - not sure how a pure melee tree would work in Phantasy, seeing as it's already pretty weak in Native (except when you have units as absurdly resilient as Huscarls) and when you add spells and stuff...
On the other hand, he ranks up from a low level 16 unit (so training works on it as early as player level 17, which can happen very fast) so he will likely be quite easy to acquire, and thus that 400+ archery along with 7 Power Draw (and a fitting Bow I suppose) is scary, coming from a race that typically doesn't really put much emphasis on ranged weaponry.

Edit : of course, graphics-wise they do look awesome!

Well, I managed to do a few interesting things :wink:

First off, I made it possible for non-fighter characters to become fighters through a series of fights against some powerful warriors via the trainer at the training grounds. After defeating the 5 tiers, the player character will get 100 points in the chosen specialization and 3 points in weapon master.

On another note, I added specialized skeletons to the necromancer's menu, so you can go the chaotic way and get whatrever fate wishes or you can choose your skeleton warriors carefully (after your necromancy score is 6 or more) and because a picture is worth more than a thousand words... lookie!

guspav said:
Well, I managed to do a few interesting things :wink:

First off, I made it possible for non-fighter characters to become fighters through a series of fights against some powerful warriors via the trainer at the training grounds. After defeating the 5 tiers, the player character will get 100 points in the chosen specialization and 3 points in weapon master.

On another note, I added specialized skeletons to the necromancer's menu, so you can go the chaotic way and get whatrever fate wishes or you can choose your skeleton warriors carefully (after your necromancy score is 6 or more) and because a picture is worth more than a thousand words... lookie!

Awesomecookie, mate! It was driving me crazy that skeleton knights were sometimes mounted and sometimes on foot. Now I can make a proper, organised undead army! Thank you so much :grin:

Ulvebane said:
So much win!! Loving the weapon specialization.

You didn't cut Shadows from the raising ability, right?!
Shadows can still be summoned, I just didn't have enough necromancy when I took that screenshot :wink:

How is it only for "non-fighters" though ? Is there a cap on the fighting stats to do it ? Even then if you do it early in the game a fighter could also do it, right ? I'm asking because obviously it's a huge buff, especially for a strength-based character who otherwise wouldn't get many points in Weapon master.

AlienMagi said:
Is there any estimate to when you will upload the newest updates?

At this point, we don't know when this update will drop. We've been waiting for about a year or two, but the update's kept on getting bigger and bigger. At this point, it has to be approaching critical content mass. Guspav has to run out of things to fit into the code of this 6 year old game. There has to be a limit. He just hasn't reached it yet.

You'd be surprised how much content you can fit into this game. While Phantasy is certainly high up there with all the gameplay modifications, there's at least one mod for M&B Classic that literally reached the maximum limit of items for the game (Solid & Shade), so the dev had to remove some items every time he wanted to add one. And it has a realllll ton of new content, though it's a fairly niche mod (oriented towards occult myths and stuff) on top of not being ported to Warband. You can become a werewolf, or become blind or become some agent of God against undead and stuff... unfortunately not even having battle continuation makes it very hard to play for a noob like me.

All of that to say, if guspav wants to he could work on that for several months and not run out of things to do... but at one point I sure hope he does release it. :grin: Just not at the same time as Warsword Conquest plx or my head gonna explode in confusion as to what I should play. :lol:

And have they added the native faction towns back? Map feels very empty without them :sad:

Epicspencer said:
AlienMagi said:
Is there any estimate to when you will upload the newest updates?

At this point, we don't know when this update will drop. We've been waiting for about a year or two, but the update's kept on getting bigger and bigger. At this point, it has to be approaching critical content mass. Guspav has to run out of things to fit into the code of this 6 year old game. There has to be a limit. He just hasn't reached it yet.

Yeah I know, i've been waiting a little bit over a year, i thought the mod was dead until i stumbled upon this thread again. I'm eager to start a new phantasy calradia game, but it would be a bummer to have to restart my save in order to play the update.

Also i feel now is the time to update your awesome mod Guspav, since bannerlord is getting close to being released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom