Currently working on...

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The helmet is a little obnoxious, but I'm just griping for the sake of griping. XP It's just a pet peeve of mine.

That brings up a question I do have, the magic enhancement: How exactly does the 'magic improvement' of the varoius armor sets... work? Does Arch Mage add more than necro? If yes, how much more? These are questions I wanna know the answer to. D: (having this info added to the guide topic would be really nice. Do gloves and boots detriment casting? Cause I haven't seen any 'Enhances Magic' Glvoes or Boots) Looks great though. ^.^ Do you intend to add the Djanni's top to any specific shops or just keep it in the general pool?

guspav said:
Here are some new screen shots:

I give you the Djanni:
A Knight of the King in action:
The retextured Clay Golem:

looks epic... do we have a time line yet?

Zsword said:
The helmet is a little obnoxious, but I'm just griping for the sake of griping. XP It's just a pet peeve of mine.

That brings up a question I do have, the magic enhancement: How exactly does the 'magic improvement' of the varoius armor sets... work? Does Arch Mage add more than necro? If yes, how much more? These are questions I wanna know the answer to. D: (having this info added to the guide topic would be really nice. Do gloves and boots detriment casting? Cause I haven't seen any 'Enhances Magic' Glvoes or Boots) Looks great though. ^.^ Do you intend to add the Djanni's top to any specific shops or just keep it in the general pool?

I'm looking to add this to the guide amongst several other things. As soon as Guspav is ready I'm sure he'll send a message so I can start making the changes.

On topic:
Djani: I'm a bit lost, what was the Sarranids main unit about anyway? I can't remember :S
Knight: Hell to the yes. Besides the aforementioned plate coloring (a tough thing I understand :smile:) there isn't much else. Though I can see he has a crossbow!
Clay Golem: Perfect. Nuff said. 'EY WONT KNOW WHAT 'ITTEM.

Zsword said:

Ah... I'll show you the numbers then:

Armor Magic Power bonuses:
        twilight armor = 0.5 
        novice robe = 1
elven mail shirt= 1
mithril maille = 1
apprentice robe = 2
vedmak armor = 2
        journeyman robe & dark robe= 4
djanni mail shirt= 5
adept robe & night robe= 6
balrog body= 6
expert robe & dread robe = 8
master robe & void robe = 12
archmage robe= 16

Hats and helmets
novice hat, novice hood, twilight helm, death knight helm = 0.5
apprentice hat = 1
journeyman hat, dark hood = 3
adept hat, balrog head, night hood = 6
expert hat, expert hood, dread hood = 9
        master hat, master hood, void hood = 12
archmage hat, archmage hood = 15
Staff Bonus
  gnarled staff= 0.5
  journeyman staff= 1
        adept staff, shaman staff = 2
expert staff = 3
        necromancer's staff, master staff = 4
archmage staff = 6

Each of these numbers adds itself proportionately to the magic power skill score at every spell formula.
If any other armor and helmets are worn the score to either the robe factor or the hat factor will be 0
If by adding both robe and hat factor the result is 0, there will be a -5 penalty to the multiplier, so in theory you could wear metal armor and a wizard's hat or a wizard's robe and a metal helmet, but the bonuses you'll get will be significantly lower. if you get the -5 penalty, the spell's total magic power will be seriously lowered and could make some spells nearly useless.
For the time being there are no magic enhancing boots or gauntlets, but that could change in the near future :wink:

Hey, Smurf, if you are reading this, maybe you should add it to the FAQ, so I don't have to write it all over again  :wink:

EDIT: forgot to add twilight armor, the one most of you were probably wondering about :razz:

guspav said:
Ah... I'll show you the numbers then:

Armor Magic Power bonuses:
  novice robe = 1
elven mail shirt= 1
mithril maille = 1
apprentice robe = 2"
vedmak armor = 2
        journeyman robe & dark robe= 4
djanni mail shirt= 5
adept robe & night robe= 6),
balrog body= 6),
expert robe & dread robe = :cool:,
master robe & void robe = 12),
archmage robe= 16),

Hats and helmets
novice hat, novice hood, twilight helm, death knight helm = 0.5
apprentice hat = 1
journeyman hat, dark hood = 3
adept hat, balrog head, night hood = 6
expert hat, expert hood, dread hood = 9
        master hat, master hood, void hood = 12),
archmage hat, archmage hood = 15,
Staff Bonus
  gnarled staff= 0.5
  journeyman staff= 1
        adept staff, shaman staff = 2
expert staff = 3
        necromancer's staff, master staff = 4
archmage staff = 6

Each of these numbers adds itself proportionately to the magic power skill score at every spell formula.
If any other armor and helmets are worn the score to either the robe factor or the hat factor will be 0
If by adding both robe and hat factor the result is 0, there will be a -5 penalty to the multiplier, so in theory you could wear metal armor and a wizard's hat or a wizard's robe and a metal helmet, but the bonuses you'll get will be significantly lower. if you get the -5 penalty, the spell's total magic power will be seriously lowered and could make some spells nearly useless.
For the time being there are no magic enhancing boots or gauntlets, but that could change in the near future :wink:

Hey, Smurf, if you are reading this, maybe you should add it to the FAQ, so I don't have to write it all over again  :wink:

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy Ahead of you :wink:

EDIT: I'm going to start working on fixing some of the grammatical pieces and working on a slightly extended explanation. These bonuses are exactly like having an extra X number in the magic power rank correct? Which basically means with 10 magic power, Arch hood (15), Arch Robe (16), and Arch Staff (6). You would effectively have 47 Magic Power equivalent? I'm not sure if that sounds correct. You mentioned proportionately, but I'm wondering does the Formula for magic spells compensate for having such a high magic power? This could be the reason so many people see specific mage types as overpowered because this Magic power "level" effectively puts them at almost 5x the normal max.

Also how dare you not add the Twilight Armor :wink:. When you post it I will have to go make another post on the ReformistTM playthrough. I can honestly say I've been pretty vocal in that playthrough as I've heard some of my suggestions, advice, or other pieces of knowledge mentioned in every single episode since the 15th or so. XD

Another quick question: Shields don't interfere with the "penalty" correct? Since they are considered weapon pieces, I believe.

SmurfInHell said:
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy Ahead of you :wink:

EDIT: I'm going to start working on fixing some of the grammatical pieces and working on a slightly extended explanation. These bonuses are exactly like having an extra X number in the magic power rank correct? Which basically means with 10 magic power, Arch hood (15), Arch Robe (16), and Arch Staff (6). You would effectively have 47 Magic Power equivalent? I'm not sure if that sounds correct. You mentioned proportionately, but I'm wondering does the Formula for magic spells compensate for having such a high magic power? This could be the reason so many people see specific mage types as overpowered because this Magic power "level" effectively puts them at almost 5x the normal max.

Also how dare you not add the Twilight Armor :wink:. When you post it I will have to go make another post on the ReformistTM playthrough. I can honestly say I've been pretty vocal in that playthrough as I've heard some of my suggestions, advice, or other pieces of knowledge mentioned in every single episode since the 15th or so. XD

Another quick question: Shields don't interfere with the "penalty" correct? Since they are considered weapon pieces, I believe.
No, first the hat factor and the clothes factor are added, the result is multiplied by 0.5 and then added to the magic power score, then there's the newly added luck factor which will add from 0 to 5 to the attacker's magic power and the defender's magic defense ,then the magic attack score subtracts the defender's magic defense and then finally that last number is used to calculate damage or if a spell effect is successful or not.
Hmm I am actually thinking about what you said and maybe the multiplier should be lower, like 0.3 or 0.2 to nerf magic a bit.

I remember having a chinese spear OSP, which contains several Chinese spears and polearms we also use for Perisno. That could work well on the Clay Golem.

These golems looks awesome :grin: would it be too illogical making their shield and weaponry clay ?

habeo123 said:
I remember having a chinese spear OSP, which contains several Chinese spears and polearms we also use for Perisno. That could work well on the Clay Golem.
I already got some really sweet glaives from the Hundred years War mod, I could also give them those.
Inanch-Bilge said:
These golems looks awesome :grin: would it be too illogical making their shield and weaponry clay ?
Teofish said:
That'd waste a lot of space in the items file with only one very specific use for the items in question though.
Hmm that, plus clay weapons wouldn't really be too useful. They could bash someone until they shattered I guess, but I am staying with giving them good old iron and steel weapons.

Purely technically; There are knives made out of ceramic materials treated at such immense heat that it becomes as tough as steel. You could argue that in a world of powerful magic this might be feasible to achieve, even with larger bladed weapons. I mean, the golems themselves must have some sort of binding enchantment on them to prevent chipping and cracking when. . . . . well, doing anything. But especially to not make them just crumble to dust at the first touch of an enemy's weapon.

I'm still against it by the way.

Teofish said:
Purely technically; There are knives made out of ceramic materials treated at such immense heat that it becomes as tough as steel. You could argue that in a world of powerful magic this might be feasible to achieve, even with larger bladed weapons. I mean, the golems themselves must have some sort of binding enchantment on them to prevent chipping and cracking when. . . . . well, doing anything. But especially to not make them just crumble to dust at the first touch of an enemy's weapon.

I'm still against it by the way.
I'm sorry but just the contrast of this post, especially when I imagine it in castle's voice just made me laugh so hard :lol: (not that I disagree or anything though)

Wow. This is starting to feel like an actual D&D session. Everyone's talking about completely unrelated crap and the DM's getting pissy. :razz:

If you want us to stop distract us with more screenies.

Teofish said:
Wow. This is starting to feel like an actual D&D session. Everyone's talking about completely unrelated crap and the DM's getting pissy. :razz:

If you want us to stop distract us with more screenies.
Haha yeah, I was also getting flashbacks from my D&D sessions as a DM.
OK, here, here! SHINY!

A Valkyrie in action
and an actual balrog fighting (not my character in balrog armor anymore)

Stare into the eyes of darkness!... or fire or whatever :razz:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom