Currently working on...

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm yeah, I have been doing some voice acting for the balrog, modeled the scimitar of speed, and, for the time being, all new gnomish models (Berembert's projects) have been made and textured, plus working on the four ways inn. I am actually wrapping everything up and once I am done with the few things that are missing, I will finally release the new version :wink:

guspav said:
Hmm yeah, I have been doing some voice acting for the balrog, modeled the scimitar of speed, and, for the time being, all new gnomish models (Berembert's projects) have been made and textured, plus working on the four ways inn. I am actually wrapping everything up and once I am done with the few things that are missing, I will finally release the new version :wink:

How am I going to take care of my family, do my job, or pass my exams if you release a new version? Something must be done...

Release away whenever. I work night shifts as a hospital security guard, and I hate my wife and kid. I ain't got nothin' but time and nowhere to be.

Hehe slowly getting there... as a matter of fact I'd say I am 90% complete, but I still want to make the Four Ways Inn useful and it's a little bit tricky... well more time consuming than really tricky, but I'm working on it...

About new stuff that has been added:

I made a new dwarven halberd and dwarven polehammer. These will help dwarves not get crushed by cavalry, plus they look badass! :wink:

There are also new mercs to recruit: mountain freemen (plus upgrades) and the elite strange mercenary.
I'll post some pictures later, but basically the mountain freemen are  halberdiers who sometimes carry crossbows, they have armor depending on their upgrade level, but it's superior to that of the standard mercs. Elite strange mercenaries are a little bit more of the same, great power, funky oriental armor (this one made by Sacred Stone Head), bows and horses, they are the upgrade to the strange mercenary (level 25->level 35).

Awesome!  Heck you could have that done by tomorrow.  I'll stay up all night watching the Forum.  In all seriousness I am loving your mod and am very excited about the impending release.  Cheers Mate!

The dwarven polehammer rules

Thanks!
I have been quite active this week (little work) so I am bringing you some more shinies!
first the screen shots of the new mercs:

Here is the new mountain milita

Here is a Mountain Freeman

And here is the Elite Strange Mercenary

I am still missing a screen shot from the Mountain Halberdier (last tier of the Mountain mercs).
Furthermore, I have just finished coding the barbarian rage code. What it does is the following:
If your player is of the barbarian class 1/3 of the times you are hit in combat, the damage you receive will be multiplied by a random number from 1 to 10 and then added to 100. The final number will be your damage modifier so if say you are hit by 30 and a "rage hit" is scored, then say a 5 is rolled on the 1-10 randomizer you'll get a final damage modifier of 250% (30*5+100).
I have just tested it and it works quite well, so it might actually pay off for barbarians to carry light armor so they can get hit harder and thus get bigger bonuses to damage, that is if they aren't one-shot-killed which is quite common in Warband :grin:

That mercenary is scary.

You'll never make me wear light armor, it really is too easy to get a bad blow or arrow or spell and get knocked down from nowhere...

guspav said:
If your player is of the barbarian class 1/3 of the times you are hit in combat, the damage you receive will be multiplied by a random number from 1 to 10 and then added to 100. The final number will be your damage modifier so if say you are hit by 30 and a "rage hit" is scored, then say a 5 is rolled on the 1-10 randomizer you'll get a final damage modifier of 250% (30*5+100).
I have just tested it and it works quite well, so it might actually pay off for barbarians to carry light armor so they can get hit harder and thus get bigger bonuses to damage, that is if they aren't one-shot-killed which is quite common in Warband :grin:

Sounds great :grin:

Very excited to play a barbarian.  Does that path have bonuses to Iron Flesh or anything like that?
Mountain Merc armor is amazing.  Do any of the Mountain Mercs have Barbarian bonuses?

Kendoman said:
Very excited to play a barbarian.  Does that path have bonuses to Iron Flesh or anything like that?
Mountain Merc armor is amazing.  Do any of the Mountain Mercs have Barbarian bonuses?
At the character creation, barbarians will get a boost in ironflesh of 4 (was 2).
So far no NPCs have the barbarian bonus, but I will give it to all orcs, including Frudak, but excepting the shaman.
The mountain mercenaries won't be barbarians, seeing as they are civilized folk, just independent from any of the Calradian kingdoms (I made them somewhat inspired by the Swiss). Maybe the sea raiders would be another good option.

I think the sea raiders should be diversified into more groups. Regular ones up north, more piratey ones around the Swadian and Rhodok coasts, and some corsairs furthest south by the southern Rhodok and Sarranid coastline. Always annoyed me that the latter two maritime regions were completely devoid of life.

guspav said:
At the character creation, barbarians will get a boost in ironflesh of 4 (was 2).
So far no NPCs have the barbarian bonus, but I will give it to all orcs, including Frudak, but excepting the shaman.
The mountain mercenaries won't be barbarians, seeing as they are civilized folk, just independent from any of the Calradian kingdoms (I made them somewhat inspired by the Swiss). Maybe the sea raiders would be another good option.
Sweet...I'm loving what your doing.  Have you added potions or any new books? (Pathfinders Guide to +1 pathfinding or monstrous manuel +1 Spotting...nod and a wink say no more)

Teofish said:
I think the sea raiders should be diversified into more groups. Regular ones up north, more piratey ones around the Swadian and Rhodok coasts, and some corsairs furthest south by the southern Rhodok and Sarranid coastline. Always annoyed me that the latter two maritime regions were completely devoid of life.
Ah yes, I was actually thinking on making southern pirates, it's not all about viking-like warriors when it comes to raiding and pillaging.
So, I will basically copy the sea raiders' stats and make some corsair troops and make them spawn in the south and western parts of Calradia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom