Cuirassier model

Users who are viewing this thread

poomtang

Knight at Arms
Been working on some Cuirassiers today, still got a few bits and bobs to finish off and can't seem to get the metal textures sorted for the helmet and cuirass, the horse and horse furniture need a complete remake, but here's the result, hope you like them.

http://cid-e215c7d807e6779c.photos.live.com/browse.aspx/New%20album5

Finished the horse furniture for this model, improved the shabraque, added the potmantou the regimental titles and grenade emblem. Just need to polish it up a bity and get the metal textures sorted and we're good to go!

http://cid-e215c7d807e6779c.photos.live.com/self.aspx/New%20album5/mb%5E_warband%202010-11-27%2020-46-13-65.jpg

Looks cool, but i have to say that im skeptical about adding cuirassers....

They are really elite cav, but you can add a just better troop that anything because that would be horribly imbalanced... Anyone who played the old mm knows what im talking. Altough those dont wear pistol, they still have a heavy cav sword and armor. They should be slower that Brit dragoons to be balanced, at least.

Leberecht Reinhold said:

They are really elite cav, but you can add a just better troop that anything because that would be horribly imbalanced... Anyone who played the old mm knows what im talking. Altough those dont wear pistol, they still have a heavy cav sword and armor. They should be slower that Brit dragoons to be balanced, at least.

Cuirassiers in the old mm were the only troop to have pistols, the fastest loading firearm in the mod, they had heavy armour where other troops had none at all, and they had heavy cav swords as well as the heaviest and fastest horses.
I could imagine that if their horses, and possibly thier swings, were slow, and a musket shot from under 50 yards would kill them outright (unlike the old mm) then they could probably make it as a balanced troop type.  "Balanced" against the other horsemen anyway, not against the average infantry =/

Shyoto said:
Leberecht Reinhold said:

Cuirassiers in the old mm were the only troop to have pistols, the fastest loading firearm in the mod, they had heavy armour where other troops had none at all, and they had heavy cav swords as well as the heaviest and fastest horses.
I could imagine that if their horses, and possibly thier swings, were slow, and a musket shot from under 50 yards would kill them outright (unlike the old mm) then they could probably make it as a balanced troop type.  "Balanced" against the other horsemen anyway, not against the average infantry =/

The had not the fastest horses (the hunter was very far from that) and they were killed in one shoot, but i get what you try to mean. They are a nice troop, a symbol of the french cav... but...
France have awesome grenadiers and awesome light cav, but no heavy cav and "bad" skirmishers (in comparision)
GB have good infantry, good heavy cav, and good skirm, but no light cav
Prussia have good infantry, good light cav, decent heavy and decent skirm.

If you add France heavy cav... well, that put a lot of things at them....

But the model is really great, and as the 4th Hussar model, i would like to see both in battles.

Thengel said:
sacrifice everything, speed damage ect. for armor and defense, live through 2 musket balls for sure.... that or don't put them in

Yeah and add them katanas that are thrown by a electromagnetic field!!!! From Japan!  :lol: :lol:

"bad" skirmishers

hey we skirmishers are brilliant thank you very much. we may not have the best atributes but we make up for it in skill and willingness to do our job. Any way what do you know about the 2e garde chasseurs. have you actually skirmished with us because you would be suprised.

... Im talking about attributes, skills and all that. I dont mind if a regiment can do it better or worse with a class, im just making a comparison of attributes. Sure, chasseurs arent bad (they have cool ironflesh and all that) but for the skirmisher role, is better to have less ironflesh, for example.
  Im not trying to say that they arent skirmishers or bad ones, just they are worse in that roles that others more specialized, but of course, they can do other things better than them.

We have the worst skirmishing class for the skirmishing style of play.  But that ironflesh leaves me at like 1 hp many many times and I can survive 1 musket ball thankfully as long as I'm not running into it :smile:  But imo we need a buff to athletics and proficiency...

Leberecht Reinhold said:
The had not the fastest horses (the hunter was very far from that) and they were killed in one shoot, but i get what you try to mean.
No, not quite fastest.  Only the lancers had the REALLY fast ones...
But they were using the current Dragoon horses.
I don't think I've ever managed to one-shot a hunter, even with a headshot at 10 yards as it charges me...

If they'rein, they need to be balanced.
Anything they have other another class needs to be taken from another attribute, e.g. defence for attack speed, or horse HP for speed, e.c.t...
Also, I think it would mean needing to add another regiment to the other factions, since we have an equal number per faction right now, correct?

Time for an official comment has come I suppose. :wink:

Good news: Cuirassiers(another equivalent heavy cavalry) units are planned to be in.
Bad news( for those who hates heavy cavalry): Cuirassiers(another equivalent heavy cavalry) units are planed to be in.
And do not worry, everything will be made correctly and on equal basis.

Excellent cuirassiers! Whole look is very reliable. Also - harness and saddle - very actual, I think. Knights saddles very catch the eye now ..)

I'm not opposed to cuirassers being put in, just don't make the cuirass all that strong really, but if you're going to add them then lancers really need to get their couching back or there isn't going to be a decent counter to them between the reach and power of heavy sabre and the endurance of a heavy horse combined with a breastplate and helm. Stat juggling along won't even them out, at least not without making them nothing like historical elite cuirassers.

If you already start now about cuirrasiere then you havent played MMprussia for long enough.

For your point: Russion deutsche legion,Lifeguards,Scots grey,Napoleon,Blucher,Wellington they Already have longswords.
and yet lancers can kill em,its all about the speed modifier.

+ they have Class Limits so dont worry really.
the Devs are doing all their work not to make them OP.
just dont go screaming AAAH OP OP OP.

Actually, I have played mm mod since cuirassers, and in that edition lancers had couching. That's exactly why if they are bringing back cuirassers they should un-nerf lancers.

I also just want to point out I don't have a dog in this fight, I'm not in a lancer regiment. In fact, there aren't any (as far as I know) and I never see them in line battles. And I'm pretty sure I won't ever see any if there are dragoons *and* cuirassers to choose from and they stay as they are.

loginame said:
Actually, I have played mm mod since cuirassers, and in that edition lancers had couching. That's exactly why if they are bringing back cuirassers they should un-nerf lancers.

I also just want to point out I don't have a dog in this fight, I'm not in a lancer regiment. In fact, there aren't any (as far as I know) and I never see them in line battles. And I'm pretty sure I won't ever see any if there are dragoons *and* cuirassers to choose from and they stay as they are.
From what i heard now it are only looks nothing special.
the armor is only there for show.

Back
Top Bottom