Crusader Mod

Users who are viewing this thread

PortraitOfSanity said:
Weren't they (the Teutonic Order) powerful in Europe even after the Crusades had ended? 

If you mean the crusades in Palestine, then yes.  The height of their power came after the fall of Palestine since nobility who wanted the chivalric honor of going on crusade could only go either to Spain or Prussia.  However, those were both still considered crusades.  The 14th and first decade of the 15th century were when they were a true power.

I tried to download it but whenever i open the file my computer freezes and then i have to restart it...no, my computer is a nice one.

Skot the Sanguine said:
Odin Doomhammer said:
Pinkaugust said:
Seriously, make this for 0.952 with Templar order, Hospitaller and Teutonic order and I will love you for it... It would be cool if you could join the orders and wear their colors...

Teutonic Order never really did anything in the holy land.  By the time they formed (1192 I think), Jerusalem was lost, and they didn't have a significant military force until a few years later.  It was the crusades in Eastern Europe that the Teutonic order were involved in (would be great if someone could make a mod of that, with Lithuania, Russia, HRE etc.  I'm sure someone started working on one but it seems to have vanished.

Not exactly true.  Although they obviously were not to the extent of the Hospitallers or Templars, they played a rather respectable role in the later Crusader States.  They were formed in 1190 and militarized in 1198.  When Frederick II got Jerusalem through treaty it was they who were his honor guard.  They also had sizable lands in Cilicia with the Armenians but more importantly in the Tyre region, namely the city of Sidon and their HQ at Starkenberg (which I plan to visit in two years).  ALthough they accomplished more in Prussia, it was done with the minority of their resources (prior to 1291 and especially 1309 when the HQ was moved to Marienberg).  They fought in the 5th and later Crusades and fought off a siege by Baibars at Starkenberg in 1266 (though losing it in 1271 during a second siege).  They also controlled all harbor fees at Acre and fought there in 1291.

Personally I love their history (I even own a complete suit of maille with a surcoat and shield in their fashion), but the historical accuracy of having them doesn't fit the scope of this mod.  I still would love to see them (as I would definitely play as them), but they came about during the end of the 3rd Crusade and were at that point only involved with caring for the sick German Crusaders around Acre.

I

Fair point, perhaps I downplayed their importance in the holy land somewhat.  But as you say, it doesn't firt between the 2nd and 3rd crusades when this mod is set (as is the Holy War mod!).

Shame to have two crusades mods, but neither of them set during the 3rd crusade itself.  Would be good to fight against the backdrop of the clash between Richard I and Saladin.

Maybe you should put cities in Cyprus.
Maybe you should suddently make Lionheart and his crusaders appear. The JIHAD parties can also...
Actually the sounds are a bit of irrelevant. I hit a 'nervous man' in his body and it sounded like metal armour!
What kind of hell  :evil: is this?  :mrgreen:

Admittedly the time between the 2nd and 3rd Crusades was the golden age of the kingdom, but I too wish there might be a later period done.  Namely, the period I mentioned in an earlier thread, when Frederick II received Jerusalem through treaty (roughly the 1220's).  At that time the kingdom was more or less a coastal strip with a small land route to Jerusalem.....prime time for some crusader expansion to restore the old kingdom :smile:.

Though the beauty of a mod like this is that in reality clothing, armor, weapons, etc were not too drastically different from both periods, so a lot of the work would already be done if a "Type B" later version of the mod was considered down the road :grin:

Actually I want an answer. I was joking about ininstalling but I wanna have my cypriot village, castle. Please answer me. DESPAIR
DESPAIRIS DESPERUS DESPERATIS DESPERUM!  :mrgreen:

Hmm.. Try not to be so demanding and you may actually get what you are requesting... or make your own mod.

Emperor_Danny said:
Actually I want an answer. I was joking about ininstalling but I wanna have my cypriot village, castle. Please answer me. DESPAIR
DESPAIRIS DESPERUS DESPERATIS DESPERUM!  :mrgreen:

Is there some way to put this idiot on ignore so I can't see his moronic rantings?

SPQR said:
Hmm.. Try not to be so demanding and you may actually get what you are requesting... or make your own mod.

Actually, I don't know to possition the cities...  ( :mrgreen: ) That's my problem.
Can you please tell me???

I'll try to be more polite. I was wanting it so much.  :mrgreen:

Dear Odin, You don't like my latin?  :cool:  :mrgreen:  :razz:

Outstanding mod! One thing that bothers me though is the fact that your basing this too much in Kingdom of Heaven. Balian, Baron of Ibelin only controls Ibelin and no others, Baldwin IV by your timeline would be dead and also has that metallic mask he wore in the movie and with the fact that Kerak is now in Ayyubid hands.

Back
Top Bottom