Crossbow unfair advantage

Users who are viewing this thread

I was playing tournaments in Sargot and I was given a crossbow to use. During my standoff with the opponent crossbowmen, I noticed that his reload speed is twice mine. We both complete the first tick along with the bending animation in sync, except I have a second bar to tick before I can fire and this opponent could fire immediately. I have not faced any crossbowmen in the battle field yet, so as far as I know this is only happening in Sargot in tournaments. Patch e1.5.10

I have a suspicion that ranged troops don't use the aiming reticle or such, don't know how to check or find out, but in my many many shoot outs with militia archers they always seem to be able to shoot just as fast as me, despite me having a noble bow nad 250+ skill and speed related perks, like they always can get a shot off as fast as me, so it's suspicious. I wonder if they just release ASAP and aren't penalized by the reticle.

maybe they have higher crossbow skill?
The speed perks and skill effects aren't that dramatic though, unless it was actually Height tier Xbow men or lord that might have 200+ skill and perks.

Its the AI after all. Those NPCs doesnt have perks but a number for retile error chance, reloadspeed, swing speed. These numbers will be "slightly" multiplied/added/divide with the numbers you see in game, like 140 in two handed or so.

agentDrivenProperties.AiShootFreq = 0.3f + 0.7f * num2;
agentDrivenProperties.AiWaitBeforeShootFactor = (agent._propertyModifiers.resetAiWaitBeforeShootFactor ? 0f : (1f - 0.5f * num2));
agentDrivenProperties.AiRangerLeadErrorMin = -num4 * 0.35f;
agentDrivenProperties.AiRangerLeadErrorMax = num4 * 0.2f;
agentDrivenProperties.AiRangerVerticalErrorMultiplier = num4 * 0.1f;
agentDrivenProperties.AiRangerHorizontalErrorMultiplier = num4 * 0.0349065848f;

Crossbows have reloading split into 2 sequences. Thats why 2 bars on screen.
#1 is drawing the prod and locking the string
#2 is taking bolt out of quiver and placing it into bolt groove on the tiller

Crossbows have reloading split into 2 sequences. Thats why 2 bars on screen.
#1 is drawing the prod and locking the string
#2 is taking bolt out of quiver and placing it into bolt groove on the tiller
The advantage the player has is he can move during part 2 whereas the ai won't move from the time they start drawing the crossbow till they fire.

Its the AI after all. Those NPCs doesnt have perks but a number for retile error chance, reloadspeed, swing speed. These numbers will be "slightly" multiplied/added/divide with the numbers you see in game, like 140 in two handed or so.

agentDrivenProperties.AiShootFreq = 0.3f + 0.7f * num2;
agentDrivenProperties.AiWaitBeforeShootFactor = (agent._propertyModifiers.resetAiWaitBeforeShootFactor ? 0f : (1f - 0.5f * num2));
agentDrivenProperties.AiRangerLeadErrorMin = -num4 * 0.35f;
agentDrivenProperties.AiRangerLeadErrorMax = num4 * 0.2f;
agentDrivenProperties.AiRangerVerticalErrorMultiplier = num4 * 0.1f;
agentDrivenProperties.AiRangerHorizontalErrorMultiplier = num4 * 0.0349065848f;
So their skills run on a different system than the players? Somehow I won't ever believe you if you told me Warband was like this.

Back
Top Bottom