Crossbow on horseback.

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi all,

I`ve taken a fancy to shooting "easy" enemies with my crossbow from horseback(usually play court lady/comparable char) and wonder if horse archery skill also improves mounted crossbow usage?

If not, then it certainly should, IMO.

Regards, Oldtimer

No, horsearchery skill does not improve your crossbow handling.  I always wished it did.  :sad:

No, and I don't see how it should. Firing a crossbow is 100% different to firing a bow ::\

Oldtimer said:
Hi all,

I`ve taken a fancy to shooting "easy" enemies with my crossbow from horseback(usually play court lady/comparable char) and wonder if horse archery skill also improves mounted crossbow usage?

If not, then it certainly should, IMO.

Regards, Oldtimer

Then, why not make walking and swinging your sword gain strength and agaility, or powerstrike? it's just not how the game works.

It really is a lot of fun to kill the easy enemies on horseback with the light crossbow. I know what the original poster means. Horse archery does improve your skill with javelins and jarids though, I think that it wouldn't be so crazy to include crossbows since we don't get attacked by too many mounted crossbowmen anyway, still I trust that our Armagan has tried all of these things by now and has legitimate reasons for not unleashing the demonic crossbow.

From my experience, horse archery does lessen the accuracy penalty for shooting crossbows on a moving horse.  It affects all types of ranged weapons as far as I know.

Perhaps it should be renamed to Horse Marksmanship? How would the Dragoons in the Perennial Nuiscance mod feel if they were denied an accuracy bonus?

I think it should affect crossbows fired from horseback. In fact, any ranged weapon from horseback. All the bobbing up and down, deflection firing, riding the horse with only my legs whiile my hands occupied. Why should the fancy bowmen only get the thrill! Im a peasant, I won a swaybacked sumpter gambling and I only know how to shoot a crossbow and I want to be included consarnit!

Actually, I always thought horse archery DID affect crossbow riding.  :oops:

Goodknight said:
I think it should affect crossbows fired from horseback. In fact, any ranged weapon from horseback. All the bobbing up and down, deflection firing, riding the horse with only my legs whiile my hands occupied. Why should the fancy bowmen only get the thrill! Im a peasant, I won a swaybacked sumpter gambling and I only know how to shoot a crossbow and I want to be included consarnit!

Actually, I always thought horse archery DID affect crossbow riding.  :oops:

I agree. I dont use horse archery, or crossbows, as I feel javelins are 100% more effective on charging, however if throwing axes and so forth use Horse Archery, then so should crossbows. Its the same thing - using a ranged weapon on horseback.

Lost-Lamb said:
True, but isn't the whole horse archery skill about making up for the horses movement? Not becomming better in shooting the bow per se

Agree, but wouldn't that be a personal player's skill? (ie. how good their hand - eye co-ordination is, and how well they predict where their projectile would hit on screen?)

the skill horse archery is not the ability to pull the string back and let fly... but to be able to aim a projectile effectively enough to do some damage they really needto clarify this...

Using a crossbow while mounted on a horse... That's outrageous!!  :shock:

Stick to a bow.. and just pump your Horse Archery level up...

Back
Top Bottom