Crashes still happen on Siege

Users who are viewing this thread

JimmyCakes

Regular
Not sure if the devs are still aware but 7 months since the release of the build and 1 in 3 games crashes if playing on the Siege gamemode.

Yeah, that's a serious problem. While we're mentioning problems with siege, killing a server at the end of a match needs to be remedied. Requiring players to rejoin servers which may take 30 seconds to re-appear in the list and causes the playerbase to split off (e.g. some go to TDM, some go to siege) and some just quit is unfortunate especially when the active multiplayer userbase is as small as it is.

Has the G flag stealing been addressed yet? It seemed beforehand they were going for more level design fixes but that hardly works in my experience.

I think it'd be good if the G flag was locked until at least the walls have been taken, as it can be a viable strategy to dodge one or two of the last flags to go for a strong G push. But as it is at the moment it's super easily exploited by just sneaking in, as we all probably know by now.

Some of the patch notes mentioned squashing siege crashes but I'm not sure if that's on the live branch yet. I can't help but feel that the crashes are tied to the 'warm-up' stage as I've noticed if you throw a rock or pot, and the warm-up ends whilst the projectile was mid-air, the 'wooosh' sound of it travelling in air will stay in that particular spot for the rest of the game. Maybe thangs aren't resetting properly. Could have been fixed by now but it was something I noticed from playing a lot of siege back in the day.

There should definitely be an objective unlock system. It doesn't have to be too linear like A then B then C, you could have the first 3 flags open to allow different scenarios to play out, but anything after C should be locked to stop the ridiculous rush to G or any of the later flags.

Server stops responding is a no-brainer to fix asap.
Fortunately, I seen TW devs last Friday experienced it at the _005 map at 00:00 time which is at the end of the warm-up so they are still aware.

Back
Top Bottom