Courting a Lady

Users who are viewing this thread

So I started courting Lady Bryn(Jarl Olaf's daughter) without his permission, now every time I talk to him to ask for it, I get a -1 in his relationship(Our relationship is in the 40s) so what do I do to marry her? She won't elope with me without her father's permission so am I just **** out of luck?

I think improving your renown by 50 or so should help. Also, try and get  around 50-60 in your relations with him by doing some quests for him. Whenever you see him in a battle you should also try and help him, to improve your relations. Literally, do anything you can to impress him and you'll be wed in no time. Hope this helped.  :grin:

I'm pretty sure that once you've been "caught" visiting the lady without permission by the lady's father, the father will say something like, "I've heard that you've already been visiting her and I won't let you have her after seeing her behind my back.  We will discuss this no more" and you get a -1 relationship.

After you've been "caught," you cannot get that father to approve of your marriage no matter what.  You're just **** out of luck.  Go for another lord's daughter.  Try to find the most prestigious lord in your kingdom and go for his daughter...good stuff there. 

If you can't obtain a father's permission to see a lady right away but you've already done the "I'm your most ardent admirer," thing...then you can still visit her whenever the lady sends a message and you get the quest.  Only attempt to visit her if you have the quest; if you don't have the quest, you'll get some kind of message like, "The guards scowl at you and you're unable to visit the lady."  Once that happens, I'm pretty sure that the father discovers you paying attentions to her.  In addition, only secretly visit her a couple of times--I think you run the risk of being caught the more times you do it.  So build up your relationship with the lord and your renown as quickly as possible.

hicisred said:
After you've been "caught," you cannot get that father to approve of your marriage no matter what.  You're just **** out of luck.  Go for another lord's daughter.  Try to find the most prestigious lord in your kingdom and go for his daughter...good stuff there. 

I think your right, if I remember rightly  I saw that in the code somewhere

Back
Top Bottom