couple of questions with mercs and troops

Users who are viewing this thread

katie916

Recruit
ok so i know you can upgrade your troops from merc camps but what about leveling up
do they always stay recruit or what

are taverns and merc camps only way to recruit
other than recruiting prisoners or taking captured prisoners from other people

katie916 said:
ok so i know you can upgrade your troops from merc camps but what about leveling up

Yes, they level up.
You need merc camps only at start to get some troops with custom equipment (you can choose there).
Mercs from tavern you need until ypou join a faction or if you need to quick reinforce your army.
The most important recruitment way is when you have joined one of the factions. Then you can recruit from the cities of that faction the troops from their troop tree (like polish hussars, swedish reiters, moscoviter strelzy, kalmyks..., cossacks)

Addon is not about being a robber its about to lead your nation/religion to victory.

Tal said:
katie916 said:

Yes, they level up.
You need merc camps only at start to get some troops with custom equipment (you can choose there).
Mercs from tavern you need until ypou join a faction or if you need to quick reinforce your army.
The most important recruitment way is when you have joined one of the factions. Then you can recruit from the cities of that faction the troops from their troop tree (like polish hussars, swedish reiters, moscoviter strelzy, kalmyks..., cossacks)

Addon is not about being a robber its about to lead your nation/religion to victory.

oppps  lol so robbing the poor and giving to the rich does not apply in this game well looks like i am restarting

i'm having, had the same prblem. couldn't see how to recruit non mercs. mostly solved now but one thing remained. i became a Lord with the Sweedes and talked to garrison commanders to hire sweedish troops, but they weren't put in my party or anywhere else i saw. does this sound like a bug or am i doing something else wrong? help please.

i just took over sweeden and no commanders are there may need to recruit them myself

but as for bugs i have seen a few

took over? you won a kingdom already!? go to the city centre bit in any castle or city, thee're hiding in there.

katie916 said:

On that image there are 4 levels of same unit.

You can recruit villagers and troops from officers of your city once you swear allegiances to a King, if you follow a storyline then this will come quick.

Back
Top Bottom