SP - General Could we by chance get an improved unit handling system?

Users who are viewing this thread

So for the past quite a few times that I have played Bannerlord, I've noticed a few things that really just destroy my want to care for any portion of the unit management for battles. The idea was nice at first, but man is it just honestly either annoying or infuriating at times where I am in the process of setting up all my units for a battle, but I'll have a random ass Khuzait cavalry soldier in my infantry or ranged units. But I can't just remove him, because he always comes back when I empty the unit and then refill it.

Not to mention the specification portions of every unit don't work half the time, there's zero ranged choices besides throwing units, and after a certain point in the game when I have a lot of higher leveled troops, those same specifications won't matter anymore because every troop member I have will tic more than one specification. Like I can't just select polearm specification and heavy armor specification, because I have multiple other troop types that have heavy armor.

I've seen the replied by developers about how the prior unit management system that was in the party tab couldn't be ported over, and I could never find a solid answer as to why, besides that the game could get confused.

So, back to my question, could we in some way, get a better more enhanced unit management system, or could you please put some work into the prior system?

Do something like add more specifications, or add have each troop type be classed as one specific thing, like any form of melee based cavalry unit, should not be applicable to polearms or heavy armor, or shields, or throwing weapons, because they are cavalry, not infantry. Or for range specifications, if it's an absolute requirement that I'm not allowed to choose where my troops are put unit wise outside of combat, then put in specifications that's like a specific weapon. Crossbows and bows should get classed separately even though they're ranged, which means if I make a new unit, specify that I want crossbows in this unit, and pull the god awful slider to add troops to that unit, there shouldn't be any troops being added that don't have crossbows in their inventory.

Same with polearms and shields, if I make a unit, and I want spearmen, but I want all the ones that have shields, add a specification that only spearmen with shields are allowed in that unit, anything else that doesn't have a spear AND shield, should not be allowed in that unit.

The only real-time that I could ever see multiple different types of troops being in the same unit is when I specify what types I want in a unit. Especially if I want to do a shield wall with spears, I should be able to specify that I want only shields and spears in that unit, and there should be another choice given to me that gives me the option to have shields in front, spears in back.

Along with that, I think it would be much more manageable if the sliders for how many troops are in a unit is just completely removed and we can just type how many we want. Then add a bar somewhere on the screen that I can scroll through and see what types of troops I have remaining to add to units, if I have two different specified types of troops in a unit, then just make it so once I put in a number for how many troops I want in the unit, that numbers gets taken, and halved so half can be one type and the other half can be the other type, and it can just keep halving how many troops get put into the unit so long as I 1, have the troops for it, and 2, if I specify that I want 3-4 different troop types in the unit. That means if I have 2 different troop types specified for a unit, and I want 50 total troops in said unit, the I'd get 25 shield bearers, and 25 spearmen in total for that selected unit. Same for if I want 50 total but I have say 4 different types of troops for that unit, say, shield bearers, spearman, bowman, and some other type of infantry. That would be 12.5 troops of all types added to that unit to equal 50 total, but the bowman have the least amount of troops in said unit because it's counted as a ranged unit while the other 3 are all melee units.

Just some thoughts of how the unit and troop management system could be improved, because at this moment, I don't even bother messing with any part of the troop management when I'm in a battle because I can never get the units the way I want them to be.

Sliders are staying because they are controller friendly. You know, for consoles. Which is likely the reason everything will stay dumbed down and the best we can possibly get is just... more sliders, sadly. Hopefuly we will get sliders for shield/no shield units.

Other than that, I think the menus are too small and they aren't going to want to populate them with too many options.

Back
Top Bottom