Resolved Could Not Create Save data

Users who are viewing this thread

Mildew

Recruit
Summary: After updating to 1.4.2 I get an error when I try to save that says "could not create save data". After this a .tmp save file is created which crashes the game when I try to load it. I tried creating a new campaign and the same happens
How to Reproduce: Either save or allow an auto save to happen
Version: Updating from 1.4.1 to 1.4.2
Installed community-made modifications:
none
Computer Specs
:
GPU: 2x Radeon HD 5800
CPU: Intel i5-6500TE 2.30GHz
RAM: 16GB
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): Game is stored on HDD, but OS and saves are on SSD

I had same issue after I updated the game from 1.4.1 to 1.4.2 beta.
Then when I downgraded it back to 1.4.1 it is gone, yesterday after major update I take error again :sad:
Now saving is not working on versions 1.4.3 beta and 1.4.2 stable, so for me only solution now is to use 1.4.1 beta

I have exactly the same issue, i bought the game today, and first i wasnt able to run it (it crashed on "new campaign"), i was forced to manually run the "bannerlord.Native.exe" as administrator. That solved the campaign start crash....

After that I started the campaing, and started getting "could not create save data" (which actually DID created a .tmp file), but as@mildew said, those corrupted files crashed the game when loading.

So basically, I CANT USE THE GAME, i will ask for a refund inmediatly

I have exactly the same issue, i bought the game today, and first i wasnt able to run it (it crashed on "new campaign"), i was forced to manually run the "bannerlord.Native.exe" as administrator. That solved the campaign start crash....

After that I started the campaing, and started getting "could not create save data" (which actually DID created a .tmp file), but as@mildew said, those corrupted files crashed the game when loading.

So basically, I CANT USE THE GAME, i will ask for a refund inmediatly
Are you on windows 10 too?

I am using v1.4.3 beta and still have the same issue and don't know how to fix it. But I have found a pattern. The regular and heathy saved file should be around 4.5MB no matter which stage of the game you are, but the broken ones that won't let you to save afterward are about 8.5MB.
At the moment, I keep the save folder open and checking the new saved files.

I've tested game on versions 1.5.0 and 1.5.1 beta today and still getting the same error.
Send another file with error on upload.taleworlds.com

perhaps an important remark:
I launch the game through via native.exe (cause original exe never worked for me)

Hi, please make sure that the game is on the controlled folder access allowed apps list in your security software.Well known security software that may be tied with the issue is Windows Defender. If you are using Windows Defender:- Open Windows Defender Security Center.
- Click on Virus & threat protection.
- Click the Virus & threat protection settings option.
- Under "Controlled folder access," click the Allow an app through Controlled folder access link.
- Click the Add an allowed app button.

Hi, please make sure that the game is on the controlled folder access allowed apps list in your security software.Well known security software that may be tied with the issue is Windows Defender. If you are using Windows Defender:- Open Windows Defender Security Center.
- Click on Virus & threat protection.
- Click the Virus & threat protection settings option.
- Under "Controlled folder access," click the Allow an app through Controlled folder access link.
- Click the Add an allowed app button.
Thx for detail, it is ok (first thing to think about and test it with desabled antivirus too); please note, that in previous version of game saving was ok

Thx for detail, it is ok (first thing to think about and test it with desabled antivirus too); please note, that in previous version of game saving was ok
The reason does not stem from our side as we have found it. The users who could fix this issue fixed it by allowing access for the controlled folder on our security software. Another common cause we have found is BitDefender. If you are using Bitdefender:
  1. Go to the Dashboard of BitDefender
  2. Protection tab on the left
  3. Click on Application Access under the Safe Files applet
  4. Flag the check mark for Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord

The reason does not stem from our side as we have found it. The users who could fix this issue fixed it by allowing access for the controlled folder on our security software. Another common cause we have found is BitDefender. If you are using Bitdefender:
  1. Go to the Dashboard of BitDefender
  2. Protection tab on the left
  3. Click on Application Access under the Safe Files applet
  4. Flag the check mark for Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord
I have been having this issue for a week now. Do not and have not had any mods, dont have bitdefender just standard windows defender, had controlled folder access off. Turned it on and allowed the taleworlds.mountandblade.launcher.exe through. I am still having this issue. As it seems many others still are having this issue as well. If the game was being blocked by windows or third party security then I wouldnt be able to start a new game and make new saves for 30 minutes or so untill i cant anymore. Once again ive seen this reported many times already, including on this forum.

I have been having this issue for a week now. Do not and have not had any mods, dont have bitdefender just standard windows defender, had controlled folder access off. Turned it on and allowed the taleworlds.mountandblade.launcher.exe through. I am still having this issue. As it seems many others still are having this issue as well. If the game was being blocked by windows or third party security then I wouldnt be able to start a new game and make new saves for 30 minutes or so untill i cant anymore. Once again ive seen this reported many times already, including on this forum.
Which version are you using? Also, do you have any unicode(non latin) characters in your username? Thanks for the report, hope we can fix it as soon as possible.

Which version are you using? Also, do you have any unicode(non latin) characters in your username? Thanks for the report, hope we can fix it as soon as possible.
Hi, thanks for getting back to me. Im not at my computer right now but its the latest version, whatever Steam updated it to. im not using any unicode characters in the game.

Back
Top Bottom