Corporate Warfare and unfinished game design

Users who are viewing this thread

How do I get such good brewerys you might wonder?

Corporate takeover. I buy the brewerys from other cities and turn them into blacksmiths, meaning the brewerys that do exist are all several times more profitable. Who can stop me you might ask? None because the game is unfinished.

Here's what would have to change. Towns that once had a brewery will attempt to change one of their existing shops into one, as long as it's not controlled by the player.
This change by itself however is simplistic, because it takes away the ability for you to play in this way.

It can however be turned into something interactive and engaging by allowing the ability to suppress brewerys from appearing in a town by paying the local thug a monthly fee as well an a one time fee of 5000. The more relation you have with him, the less he will charge you. For example 0 relation will be 50 denars a month, while 100 relation will be 5 denars a month.

However, even this is lacking in dimensions. When a rival thug invades, the deal you had going with the previous one should become null, and a new brewery should pop up.

This means, you are now heavily invested in the thug you are paying. Not only because you might have relation with him, which in turn gives you a better monthly fee, but also the fact that it will cost you to buy that brewery again to turn into a blacksmith, and then pay the new thug 5000 denars as well as a higher monthly fee if his relation is lower.

In the event of a invading thug, you should also have the option to get messaged by your thug so you have time to assist.

You may think to take this one step further but I would advise against it. It's best to keep it more straightforward and logical, because once you start adding arms to a snake, it becomes convoluted.

For example: The other merchants in that town could also have a stake in this too, and put pressure on your thug, which in turn greatly raises the monthly fee he charges you. Quests could appear to suppress them, and in turn lower the monthly fee from your thug. This is an example of adding arms to a snake.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This covers all aspects, and is what good game design looks like.
I have more advice for other aspects of the game, but it won't be free like this one was. We can set something up if you wish.

Last edited:
Garbage game. 0/10 Refund me. Give the game some time bud, when has Taleworlds ever let us down in the past? They will make this game great or enable the Modders to do it for them but either way you know in 5-10 years when we are talking about Mount and Blade 3: Butterking we will have an amazing game to play while we wait.

Garbage game. 0/10 Refund me. Give the game some time bud, when has Taleworlds ever let us down in the past? They will make this game great or enable the Modders to do it for them but either way you know in 5-10 years when we are talking about Mount and Blade 3: Butterking we will have an amazing game to play while we wait.
This is one of, if not my favorite game. You should have read past the title.

I completely agree, yes things need some polishing but the bones of this game are great and I have no doubt it will only get better. We are playing a game still in development and we all know that, but it is perfectly playable now.

I completely agree, yes things need some polishing but the bones of this game are great and I have no doubt it will only get better. We are playing a game still in development and we all know that, but it is perfectly playable now.

It's perfectly boring as playing with tooth picks.

I guess you should re-read your own text. You ramble about how the system should be set up and that they should owe you for your great ideas that they couldn't have had on their own next time. Also to be fair I actually think you deserve the good brewery's. Too many people complain about the **** workshops and you found a work around. I barely read your title, I saw Corporate Warfare and was curious to read what you had posted. I assure you I read it fully and I am only pointing out that I am 99% sure all this that you have listed is going to be included in some way in the final game either through a mod or Taleworlds laying the ground work for what you have said in their MANY blogs and post and live streams. The Dev. wants the game PERFECT without this information you provided. I like what you did none-the-less, it shows ingenuity.

I guess you should re-read your own text. You ramble about how the system should be set up and that they should owe you for your great ideas that they couldn't have had on their own next time. Also to be fair I actually think you deserve the good brewery's. Too many people complain about the **** workshops and you found a work around. I barely read your title, I saw Corporate Warfare and was curious to read what you had posted. I assure you I read it fully and I am only pointing out that I am 99% sure all this that you have listed is going to be included in some way in the final game either through a mod or Taleworlds laying the ground work for what you have said in their MANY blogs and post and live streams. The Dev. wants the game PERFECT without this information you provided. I like what you did none-the-less, it shows ingenuity.
All good ideas are incredibly obvious when they are said, but none thinks them up.

You're probably right, I'm sure everyone everywhere has said every sentence I'll ever say in my life, so why bother right.
That's not the creativity I came here for. I'm sure if you spent a little bit you could create a sentence that has never been spoken before. A lot of people just recycle the same small talk till they kick the bucket or repeat the same debates and arguments as if they came up with it. You see it on Facebook daily. Someone stealing someone else's words, ideas and pretending that they were the one to come up with it and normally the girl gets 30-40 likes and if a guy made it he only gets 1-3 and the re-poster isn't even included in that number.

Well, if im beeing honest, it is right that you were supposed to have an abysmal tone of interactions with Workshops, including sabotaging others. Plus the fact that we could breed horses.... So: plenty of things to be added.... Though im afraid it might be more than a year for BL to come out of EA considering ALL the **** that needs to be fixed/added/balanced

Nah, what the workshop system lacks right now, is the possibility of either building new workshops in the city (according to prosperity etc. of course) and the "burned ground" feature, where you can sacrifice properity, but have the ability to disable the workshops completely. Those ea games are just thrown out, to find as much of the exploits, until development of the game gets further and use the exploits to get a mighty king / vassal and have fun on the way ^^ i wouldn't stress out about future features for now, since it could all get a 180 ° turn ... check if some mods are filling your needs, if not ask if a modder may get time invested into this to help you out ^^ ... the game is unfinished for a reason, just enjoy the wonky gameplay, until its fixed. you can become the evil corporate takeover guy, who will crush down the other corporates. But for now, enjoy your gameplay, instead of trying to improve it for now. Your suggestion would give the game a more wholesome experience, i would also like to purge the gangs from my settlements, because they are always stealing stuff from the market etc. But that's a different story ^^ rn its too early to make gameplay suggestions imo, since we dont know what the devs are really working on (at least i dont find reliable sources)

Back
Top Bottom