Coolest feature scrapped, what is the reasoning behind that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Ok, that's fair enough and I agree to a certain extent. But every game has its scope, and not everything we want will be within BL's scope of development. Sometimes you just have to make the best of a situation, and with some decent modders and a good engine, that can be done.

I agree with you there on this, however adding that dimension in the OP's post would have added onto the Mount and Blade genre. It would have seen a new dimension to this brand, however, we had a dumbed-down version of that.

Should it be added, 100%. Does it need to be added right now? No, it can wait, but I think TW should add it. Not a modder.

It isn't this easy mate as everything happening on the map must be calculated by host's CPU and sent to guest which will cause at least some lag (Assuming possible bugs and crashes got fixed) but it isn't over yet as when host is in a battle and guest is still playing in campaign then host's CPU must both handle host's battle and calculate map simultaneously that expect high end CPUs everything would fail i guess. Peer to peer co-op is much easier for turn based games like total wars so perhaps they can make co-op mode turn based somehow so guest has to wait while host is in a battle but it would butcher game's fun quite a bit..

Ok, I kind of see. I was thinking that maybe the amount of data update between host and client would be quite low, _after_ the initial transferal of the host's world-state was complete. Then it would just be a matter of keeping map-change updates in sync, which would be small data consisting of troop's map locations, etc. But, I have no real idea, so I take your word for it

Should it be added, 100%. Does it need to be added right now? No, it can wait, but I think TW should add it. Not a modder.

I really hope they continue to expand the game, long after official release. So hopefully the limited scope is just to not raise expectations too high too soon. They seem to have a really nice framework at least, to not push it would be a crime. But we will see.

Yeah it's a shame. I would would much rather have a settlement I build up then a annoying, near-uncontrollable , unfinished economy system tied to the fiefs.
Regular castles are worthless because you can't even give them food so the garrison doesn't starve.
The way warband mods tried to fix the castle-village problem was just generate a new village for the original castle/owner when a castle was built from a village...... I gotta say though everytime I built a castle in 1257 AD mods it broke something in the game..... so maybe it's just a hard thing to do.

I hope someday the player can build a settlement on their own that they can upgrade, on their own, that's their independent sanctuary that doesn't belong to any faction they join, they could invest into it and have little garrison, a horse farm and other useful things that would be enjoyable.

I ran the article through google translate. The article to begin with looks shady, with no references or video to back up the content. It's also 2 years old, and from every single other interview or Q&A there's been where this question has been asked, they have flat out denied they're working on such a feature and also explained why. So I don't see why you ever got your hopes up for such a feature, it was very clearly not coming.

You and Ggoddkkiller are actually both right, so I don't see why you're arguing with him? The first guy (eminmetehan) mentioned co-op and you said it's never been confirmed, then Ggoddkkiller replied giving you a source where co-op was discussed, then you bash him and were like "omg I don't know why you got your hopes up" when he actually.. never? All he did was correct what you said.

To clear everything up - co-op was once discussed by Taleworlds and they said it was considered but "would increase the complexity and development time of the project considerably and therefore it will not be included in the release. We can hopefully add it as a DLC after release" Check https://steamcommunity.com/games/261550/announcements/detail/2675590778917470953

So um yeah, you're both right. No need to start an argument with people when there wasn't a need for one in the first place since neither of you were disagreeing anyway, yet you thought you were.

Probably the coolest feature that the game had to offer, and still it was scrapped. Why?

I am a big fan of this game, but it feels so dumbed down. All of these features would've made the game complete for me. Now there is literally nothing to do with a fief, sure you can upgrade it.. But really what does that really do? A lot of castles & towns are already fully upgraded when you manage to get them. And when you finally get them, it's not that fun to upgrade it. You can't really customize anything to the way you want it. Does anyone agree or am I too needy?
b208ba47b9d38a5a139e614fad70253a.jpg

4c04eeaced6f886c79e382fd1855ca3e.jpg
What feature? What was removed?

Back
Top Bottom