Coolest feature scrapped, what is the reasoning behind that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Probably the coolest feature that the game had to offer, and still it was scrapped. Why?

I am a big fan of this game, but it feels so dumbed down. All of these features would've made the game complete for me. Now there is literally nothing to do with a fief, sure you can upgrade it.. But really what does that really do? A lot of castles & towns are already fully upgraded when you manage to get them. And when you finally get them, it's not that fun to upgrade it. You can't really customize anything to the way you want it. Does anyone agree or am I too needy?
b208ba47b9d38a5a139e614fad70253a.jpg

4c04eeaced6f886c79e382fd1855ca3e.jpg

Read dev blog and you will know why.
I have read the dev blogs thoroughly and I am still not sure why it was scrapped. I realize they wanted to tie villages to castles / towns. But this was literally one of the biggest feature to look forward to because it added so much to the game in my opinion.

I have read the dev blogs thoroughly and I am still not sure why it was scrapped. I realize they wanted to tie villages to castles / towns. But this was literally one of the biggest feature to look forward to because it added so much to the game in my opinion.
Because the A.I is not smart enough to handle this function, you can see how bugs and balanced problems make devs work crazy hard now in Early Access, even though many features in game are already locked.

Its a shame , there could have been so much done if this was in the game. All towns could have stayed on the map were they are. but only have 1 or 2 castles the rest would all be villages , were there lords could upgrade into castles this would also start fights in clans, would have been fun. maybe later in time with mods.

I like Bannerlord, I don't mind the bugs, balancing and crashes (these will always happen when a game like this releases). What I am sadly a bit dissapointed about it that they've seemed to cut a lot of corners in terms of mechanics and features. The battles and combat is on point but it's all the other things that adds immersion I feel is very shallow and they went with the absolute bare minimum.

I like Bannerlord, I don't mind the bugs, balancing and crashes (these will always happen when a game like this releases). What I am sadly a bit dissapointed about it that they've seemed to cut a lot of corners in terms of mechanics and features. The battles and combat is on point but it's all the other things that adds immersion I feel is very shallow and they went with the absolute bare minimum.

It is simply because fixing bare minimum is far easier than struggling in something as clear as mud!! Once they completely fix this bare minimum they will start adding missing features..

They have stated before in the blog that in late game it bacame too complex ... Imagine every single village having its own castle ... It would have been mess ... However i liked this feature as well.

You can kind of see from the game already what things will be expanded upon and which are just done already, I get a feeling a lot of things people are expecting wont appear. Maybe in 2 years there will be an expansion that will add as much to this as warband added to the original.

A lot of games have features that exist on the drawing board but can't be implemented. Bannerlord as it is takes up an absolutely TREMENDOUS amount of space on a hard drive, it's not surprising that some of its more ambitious features will get lost in the cutdown shuffle. It's the hard choices any managing director or producer has to make at times.

Devs stated many times themselves that there are many missing features and they will add them later on so there is nothing to fear mate, todd doesn't work in Taleworlds??
if he did he'd be selling the missing features in MTX

A lot of games have features that exist on the drawing board but can't be implemented. Bannerlord as it is takes up an absolutely TREMENDOUS amount of space on a hard drive, it's not surprising that some of its more ambitious features will get lost in the cutdown shuffle. It's the hard choices any managing director or producer has to make at times.

Any "present" video games take 100gb minimum, BL is actually small

It is simply because fixing bare minimum is far easier than struggling in something as clear as mud!! Once they completely fix this bare minimum they will start adding missing features..
Only half true, this scrapped this idea, but then again at the moment this was taken it does say " work in progress" so it was subject to change or in this case, complete removal

Back
Top Bottom