SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Conquering a faction is painful

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm sure people have probably already discussed this, I've seen a few threads on steam forums here and there but thought I'd see what the general consensus is here too.

Defeating a faction fully is pretty painful right now, I admit bannerlord 2 so far is a lot of what I liked about mount and blade updated, but defeating a faction is still pretty janky.

The aserai for example, I've finally managed after days and days to take all their castles and towns, but they still have at least 20-30 heroes running around that respawn with a part of about 15-20 in aserai territory after:
A) Escaping capture
B) Being released
C) Being auctioned

so now instead of actively trying to conquer a town or castle they're running around attempting to get enough men in an army over a few days, and then they might have an army of a 100 people that gets smashed by one of my clan or a looter horde.

In the interim the town they keep spawning out of they constantly gang up in their small groups of 15-30 troops and kill/capture all the villagers traveling about, so it's turned into kind of an insurgency scenario which I thought was kind of amusing at first but now it's just annoying.

Long story short I guess, I understand things are still being developed so it isn't perfect, hence the early access, and while it was funny at first watching them run around it has gotten pretty annoying. They also happen to be spawning with a bunch of the mercenary bands they had hired at the time so everytime they leave their service they instantly re-recruit them, so now bands of 30-130 mercenary parties are thrown into the mix too.

Right now the only plausible solution is executing them everytime I capture one which doesn't seem like an ideal work around, but just what I've seen so far that could use tweaking.

I also find it funny attempting to declare peace they demand tribute of 1000s of denars even though combined they wouldn't be able to beat just my army on it's own.

I also find it funny attempting to declare peace they demand tribute of 1000s of denars even though combined they wouldn't be able to beat just my army on it's own.
This specifically is so the defeated AI factions have a chance to get good income and possibly come back.

I feel the solution is a middlestate where clans can be "factionless" or "in-between" overlord. This so they don't need to deflect to above issue to solve itself. When they are poor and holdingless, they should finally leave the faction and act as an independent mercenary untill they have a stable economy and can be recruited as a vassal. During this period they dont marry so if thet are faction-less for too long, they will die and go extinct.

They should get an even smaller "startup" army each time they is re-summoned while beenig in faction but not having fief and it should tear down their economy.

The king will linger for a while longer. Rally his last remnents untill he runs out of funds and becomes factionless as well when the last vassal clan leaves.

Factionless clans without mercenary job should join with rebels of their culture, as a mercenary.

Back
Top Bottom