Competitive suggestion: Ping system

Users who are viewing this thread

In an effort to reinforce the ideas of the devs for a more competitive side on certain modes like the recently shown Skirmish, and also to attract new players by giving them the right tools to battle their way through, I have made 2 very rough concepts on photoshop to support my idea for a pinging system.

What is a pinging system, why I think it's needed and what does it offer:

Pinging system is a smart command system that ultimately lets you share information very fast, without the need of typing and spread awareness based information to your team without delay. Not everyone who wants to play competetively will use discord or voice comms. Some people are free agents or they just want to roll solo. While I highly suggest competitive players to get a team since its much more coordinated, there will be people who will never do it and will prove to be a liability to their team due to lack of communication and basic lack of information giveaway. Ping system fixes a lot of the problems with fast commands that can be used in-combat. The information choice are endless in reality, but I have photoshopped the very basic ones.

What modes and why: The pinging system should be in the skirmish mode or any other competitive small scale mode that requires tactics and strategy, or any mode that has round-death. In Sieges, a pinging system would be highly spammable which I do not suggest, unless you create squads within the given teams, and a squad commander can use it. Similar to battlefield games, to avoid constant spamming.

The photoshop concepts are very rough, since I dont have much patience for photoshop, so be gentle.

SLWIG9N.jpg

vjH4Crl.jpg

Yes, it would be fine, I would like that CSGO-style help, or with the same single player model, with F1 and so on, that it is for quick text messages, that it doesn't take up too much on the screen so you don't get remove the dive from the game. it is my opinion.

RkT said:
Yes, it would be fine, I would like that CSGO-style help, or with the same single player model, with F1 and so on, that it is for quick text messages, that it doesn't take up too much on the screen so you don't get remove the dive from the game. it is my opinion.

F1, F2, F3 commands would be fine aswell, but that takes your fingers away from movement. I would settle either my idea or classic Fnumber commands.

This is a must and time saver for a player like me who is not fast at typing in chat. I agree it should be used by mouse movement rather than pressing a button. For spamming, the option to mute pinging for the spammer would be good.

Sigur1 said:
It could be helpfull in singleplayer too

Not trying to sound like a smartass, but... How? Wouldn't you rather give commands to your troops in SP.

Unless you're suggesting for hen there is a friendly lord and you could communicate with him... Actually, depending on the level of ai (as in assuming they don't just attack or defend), thy could be cool now that I think about it. You're part of an infantry unit that's getting overwhelmed, ping "I need help!" and your brother-in-law's cavalry formation wheels around and comes to rescue you... Yeah that could be kinda cool.

Photoshop, sure?
Looks more like MSPaint  :lol:

Jokes aside, watching Callum clumsily typing in that beta video made me think that the game needed this sort of standardized and fast communication system.

You might be able to get "infantry coming/ahead" out fast enough, but any decent archer it cav woul have an easy target for sure.

Rocco: "Rush B!"
Terco_Viejo lanced Rocco

How to Survive 2 has something like that. Press Alt and message options appear in a circular fashioned menu.
For some reason i couldn't find any ss so i took one  :smile:
https://pasteboard.co/IrKv0LM.bmp

FBohler said:
Photoshop, sure?
Looks more like MSPaint  :lol:

Jokes aside, watching Callum clumsily typing in that beta video made me think that the game needed this sort of standardized and fast communication system.

:lol: :lol: :lol: I used photoshop but never implied that I know how to make things work there, it was a pain in the ass to make aswell.  :lol:

Back
Top Bottom