Company of Heroes 2

Users who are viewing this thread

So, how about the SP expansion Ardennes Assault? Is it worth it? Is it far more requesting than COH 2 in terms of specs? I'm still waiting its price to drop, but meanwhile I'm curious to hear opinions!

F.F.C._fritz said:
So, how about the SP expansion Ardennes Assault? Is it worth it? Is it far more requesting than COH 2 in terms of specs? I'm still waiting its price to drop, but meanwhile I'm curious to hear opinions!
If you buy it you'll regret it. Apparently it's meant to be a good campaign but only offers about 3-4 hours of gameplay. It's basically comp stomp with a few extra  objectives. As for requirements, I think it's the same, I'd imagine it is seen as you need the base game to play it. The only good thing that came with Ardennes Assault are some pretty skins for USF in multiplayer.  :roll:

I've been looking for more people to play with, anyone interested in some 2 vs 2's etc? I'm prestige 1, rank 95 currently so I'm not a noob (At least I like to think that I'm not).

Captured Joe said:
Vermillion_Hawk said:
Yes, armored combat in the Company of Heroes series has been and I suspect always will be a Nazi circle-jerk, but at least in this one you get some (one) tanks (IS-2) that can go toe-to-toe with the heavies. For that reason I think the solo T-34/85 commander is inferior to the Armored Warfare Tactics which gives you a choice of two T-34/85s and an IS2. Too bad you'll never see them give that one away for Valentine's Day.
The IS-2 has been another big disappointment for me.
Encounter more than 1 Schreck and you can wave goodbye to your expensive heavy tank that would take forever to kill a Panther.

Trouble with IS-2 is that while its defensive capabilities are quite constant, its killing power is hugely RNG dependent due to its super slow reloading. It sometimes instagib squads like there is no tommorow and sometimes it is chased away by a lone schrecked squad. Dishka helps, but the gun is very random. After squad bunching and pathfinding rework some patches ago, IS-2 became random damage dealer and non-random damage sponge.

I find the DShK quite reliable for dealing with infantry squads, provided you keep it front-facing so that you can keep the hull MGs firing as well. I will agree, though, that its main gun is a travesty as it stands.

It has a silly steam-like feature for this accessible from the main menu. I cannot tell you what the option is exactly named, since I dont have English version, but it is pretty apparent. Once you click it, steam window pops up and you insert your steam id to access your stats and leaderboards position.

XxJBJ.jpg

The Ostlegionen, yes. But apparently these in-game troops also represent Hunnish and Romanian troops or something, although they wear ROA insignia in-game... weird.
What surprises me the most is that they are part of the eastern front Germans and not of the west front ones. Relic sucks in military history.

Raketenwerfer buff! Hallelujah, brother.

B4 nerf seems like a bad joke. Better make a sacrifice to RNGesus.

Demo traps shootable!

My personal favourite, however, is Sdkfz.222 health buff. Wroom, wroom.

I was just taught a very hard lesson by my friend when I was fighting the Americans. You can disembark your troops to lesson pop cap, spawn more troops, then reenter your vehicles. Such spam, such wow  :cry:

Back
Top Bottom