Companions

Users who are viewing this thread

manekemaan

Sergeant Knight
Ok so i'm going to try this as a companion group:

Sir Roland, Kaverra, Lethaldi, Julia, Sigismund, Sara, Leslie, Adonja, Jocelyn, Ansen and Boadice

this should work because all of them have or no one to hate or when they hate someone 1 persone to like to compensate it. (not always tough so some may give problems) I started this with
Sir Roland)
And then took someone he/she liked. Then i took someone else I liked and continued there until the outer buble was full. Then I started with the middle buble.
there I noticed that i can take 3 out of 4 with the ability to chose one of the last 2

The rule is that you can have 2 companions that dislike each other only if each of them has 1 companion that they like. 2 hated companions overpower 1 friend.
So if you have Adonja, Diev and Sigismund( 2 companions she hates ) having Ansen won't be enough.

I'm going to try and have 11 companions:

Ansen +
Sir Rayen

Sir Roland +
Sir Jocelyn
Adonja + -
Sigismund + -
Leslie
Kaverra +
Lethaldrian +
Julia + -
Sara the Fox + -

+ is a "Like"
- is a "Dislike"

This should work if the bubble is correct, can someone confirm this please, I don't want to plan this build just to be disappointed.

Good job for making this mod!

I gave it as an example m8.

Can't see how can you have 3 companions from the inner circle since 1 of them will have 2 disliked companions.

Gulatr said:
The rule is that you can have 2 companions that dislike each other only if each of them has 1 companion that they like. 2 hated companions overpower 1 friend.
So if you have Adonja, Diev and Sigismund( 2 companions she hates ) having Ansen won't be enough.

I'm going to try and have 11 companions:

Ansen +
Sir Rayen

Sir Roland +
Sir Jocelyn
Adonja + -
Sigismund + -
Leslie
Kaverra +
Lethaldrian +
Julia + -
Sara the Fox + -

+ is a "Like"
- is a "Dislike"

This should work if the bubble is correct, can someone confirm this please, I don't want to plan this build just to be disappointed.

Good job for making this mod!

The bubble is correct. Go ahead mate. I'm looking forward to your results

~Ãbyss

You know..

It might be possible if you use the taverns and castle feasts.. keeps your companions happy..and raises their contentment level..

A thought..

Best,

Saxondragon

Thank you for the confirmation Abyss, now onward, to the conquest of Pendor! :smile:

Will report on how this company feels after I get them all.

saxondragon said:
You know..

It might be possible if you use the taverns and castle feasts.. keeps your companions happy..and raises their contentment level..

A thought..

Best,

Saxondragon

Thanks for the hint  :wink:

I had 11 companions in 2.5, not to many and just enough satisfy my micromanagement urges.

There's a small mistake in the sitckied FAQ:

So you just don't like Humanitarian characters? Well,these are your cure options;

Alistair-Adonja-Donavan-Kassim-Ediz-Riva-Alyssa-Ansen

The upside to this choice is you get Ansen and Alyssa.

Alistair-Siggy-Donavan-Kassim-Ediz-Riva-Sara-Sir Rayne

The upside to this choice is you get Sigismund and Sir Rayne.

With the above groups,FEEL FREE TO;raid villages,steal from poor miserable peasants,rob merchants and GET AWAY WITH IT.

Both Ansen and Riva  (first group) gave me a lecture after I raided a village. Ah well, back to being a good guy...  :oops:

Hmm,weird. If that is so,then the data input that was given to me was faulty.

I'll check it out.

~Ã.

I am running with Roland, Sigismund, Rayne, Jocelyn, Ansen, Leslie, Kaverra, Lethaldrian and Julia. There are no conflicts with this group and I get all of the knights aside from Alistair who is pure evil and does not fit in my good guy crew anyway. I have Ansen, and Leslie as intelligence dumps while the rest are there for training and fighting. With this group you could sub Diev in for Jocelyn and/or Sara can be subbed in for Julia.

While you can try the old have one friend and one enemy approach, I find it rather tedious and I have still had companions leave under those circumstances.

My personal tip is to hire Alistair and Boadice only to rob them of their gear, which is awesome looking, and then put them in rags just so me and my mates can poke fun of them when we do run into them in taverns.

Hyde705 said:
My personal tip is to hire Alistair and Boadice only to rob them of their gear, which is awesome looking, and then put them in rags just so me and my mates can poke fun of them when we do run into them in taverns.

For a good guy, you're awfully vicious  :mrgreen:

Alistair's my underdog and Alyssa's my ***** on our conquest to enslave (erm liberate?) all of Pendor.

~Ãbyss

Ah, Siggy could recite the infamous statement

"we are here to bring you freedom and democracy... now bend over to receive it"  :mrgreen:

Hyde705 said:

Ha! Finally someone approves and values their eyecandyhood! The armor Alistair wears wasn´t overly used in 2.5 and Boadica´s equipment is what Heroine Adventurers wore. Another underly represented troop type in 2.5.

Unless you use a cheater's hack, it is not possible to keep all the companions in your party.  I did so repeatedly during the beta tests while checking for typos and audio levels, etc.  You can keep up group morale by winning battles, buying drinks in taverns, giving a feast for your troops.  What you cannot do is keep up individual companion satisfaction levels if you have both their disliked companions in the party.  If you have one dislike balanced with one liked companion, you can keep them a good long while.  Add that second one, and they will go.  Another factor affected is speed on the map - a happy party moves faster than an unhappy party.

Sir Rayen + -
Sir Roland
Sir Jocelyn
Sigismund + -
Lethaldrian + -
Julia + -
Sara the Fox + -
Ediz + -
Donavan + -
Frederick + -

I can't try this set yet (can't find Julia)

Well i gave it a try and now have 13 companions in my party:
It took some micro-management (like in previous PoP versions) and you can't have all the "sir" companions, but it's still a nice band-of-brothers
this is my companion set up

(from outer circle)
1. Sir Roland
2. Sir Jocelyn
3. Sara The Fox
4. Riva
5. Ediz
6. Kassim
7. Donavan
8. Adonja
+
(from inner circle)
9. Ansen
10. Sir Rayne

now added extra companions which are causing some dislikes among the basic 10
11. Sigismund (from outer circle)
12. Kaverra (from outer circle)
13. Frederick (from inner circle)

The answers that you have to give on complains:

Sigismund complaining about either Donavan or Adonja --> support Sigismund
Donavan or Adonja complaining about Sigismund --> say "don't bother me with this again"

Kaverra complaining about Kassim or Ediz --> support Kaverra
Kassim or Ediz complaining about Kaverra --> say "don't bother me with this again"

Frederick complaining about Ansen or Sir Rayne --> support Frederick
Ansen or Sir Rayne complaining about Frederick --> say "don't bother me with this again"

After all the complaints have been filed (hehe) you just need to worry about keeping high morale and generally avoid failing quests, attacking peasants and other actions that might put your party at risk of breaking up.

There are other options to make 13 companions:
for example basing on my initial 8 companions from outer circle you can have
Sir Roland, Sir Jocelyn, Sara The Fox, Riva, Ediz, Kassim, Donavan, Adonja,
and then add Leslie, Diev, Frederick, and either two of the remaining 3 in inner circle

starting with the other 8 companions from outer circle is a bit more tricky but still managable
Diev, Sigismund, Leslie, Kaverra, Lethaldiran, Julia, Alyssa, Sir Alistair
adding Sir Roland, Kassim, Riva, and either Sir Rayne + Ansen or Boadice + Frederic
or adding Sara the Fox, Sir Jocelyn, Donavan, Boadice, Frederick (can't choose anybody else from inner circle in this setup)

give me your thoughts if you like/dislike the idea
Offcourse the problems raised in the FAQ still applies - meaning that the more companions you carry with you - the less unique troop types you can have remaining (the total being 31/32?) in your party so you need to choose accordingly to your gaming preference and if you choose max companions remember to avoid upseting them by your actions and keep group moral high

Hyde705 said:

I can't remember which companion it was, but I decided I didn't like him at all, so I equipped him with a dress, took the rest of his gear, fired him and then pointed and laughed every time I saw him in a tavern.

It may have been Kassim, assuming he was in PoP 2.5.

Back
Top Bottom