Resolved Companions become fugitives whenever they are sent to a fief

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Yes, I used mods.
Summary: This is a weirdly defined bug since, I've thoroughly tested it and it seems strange. Firstly, no matter what settlement i send my companions to via the clan menu/ adding to settlement with the "+" button. While inside a fief, they instantly become a fugitive. Being a fugitive, they also teleport to other towns taverns if they're a governor of a castle (as is already a known bug) -> https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/assigning-governors-doesnt-always-work.455865/

Companions after becoming a fugitive also cannot be sent anywhere and will teleport back to my fief after a short while, meaning i have to go back and take them into my party a second time to keep them in the party permanently . At the same time, whenever i am in the field and send my companion to my fief via the clan menu, a message will appear stating this companion was lost in battle. I have used mods and cheats, yet, i don't think either are the root cause, at least from what i can see. The first reason being only version 1.0.0 and on, (Full release) has this issue, the betas work fine. The second reason being I've done a clean install and deleted the game files, re-validated them, scrubbed it clean of any mod i was using, and tested it plain vanilla without cheats enabled.

Interesting things I've troubleshooted:
Using the settlement management menu to assign governors works perfectly fine and they stay put.
Resetting the game in some way (Safe mode, Esc) causes this issue to temporarily fix until you load the save again.
Companions assigned to be governors of major cities, usually stay put for some reason, though have not stress tested it by owing multiple cities.
Re-created the entire process of testing (Console command create kingdom, console command give fief) in Version 1.8, and 1.9, everything was fine so that kind of narrows down cheats being the issue.
How to Reproduce:
Have you used cheats and if so which: campaign_create_player_kingdom and campaign.give_settlement_to_kingdom (Test purposes in vanilla)
Scene Name (if related):
Media:

image.png

image.png

Computer Specs:
GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800
GPU Driver Version: Current
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
RAM: 16GB
Motherboard: X570 AORUS ELITE
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD

We were not able to reproduce the issue on the latest internal version of the game. If you are still experiencing this issue please send us a save file so that we can try to reproduce it on our end. Thank you.
Do you have a save file of the session that you experienced this issue? With your save file, we can reproduce the issue much easier and faster. You can find your save file here: "C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves"
To send us a ticket, please visit the www.taleworlds.com site and login to your forum account from the top right. Click on "My Account" and then click on "My Open Tickets". You can create a ticket there and include the save file as well as the forum link of this thread. You can find more info about how to upload files to us with the new ticketing system here. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

I am marking this thread as resolved because we did not get the information asked in time. If you are still experiencing this issue please let us know by leaving a reply to this thread. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Back
Top Bottom