Comments: 3.0 Released

Users who are viewing this thread

talinoth, tetsurou is extremely lucky i decided not to add all the floors to that castle (though i saved my progress to that end for whenever it is i implement multiplayer)

Khamukkamu said:
phlpp said:
Version 2.1
- Caba`drin's Pre-Battle Orders v0.8 should now be integrated into the mod. I chose not to use the full PBOD so that WSE would not be required

Edit- PS: Heya Hiner! I watched your scene making tutorial :smile: Really helpful!
Hanakoganei said:
Yes it's in the mod but it's an older version that doesn't require WSE.

Ok, thanks for the reply guys!

@Khamukkamu, glad you liked it and found it helpful!

Looking fantastic phlpp. Good to see you working on the arms.  :grin:

My only criticism now is a sore lack of shoulder armour like this. Also perhaps making the armour a little bigger, at least on the arms, as Samurai armour is loose looking. Picture for clearer explanation.

PJ-BO213_samura_G_20130508162737.jpg

You've nailed the lower body armour. Very good.

StalkerKitty said:
Hey i was wondering can i form an alliance in this mod?
cuz i want to form an alliance with the oda clan.

That's part of Diplomacy, isn't it?

You can theoretically form alliances with other clans, but it's not easy. You need a high relationship with the faction in question and you need to be powerful enough in your own right - a town and a handful of castles isn't really going to cut it. A high Persuasion companion and good relations with the king also help, IIRC.

Also I've found that even then it's still not guaranteed. I've been the ruler of a faction much larger than the one I'm trying to form an alliance with (I was Khergit and I wanted to form an alliance with the Rhodoks against the Swadians and Sarranids, who we were both at war with). Even with our high relation of at least 50 due to rescuing each others' lords and assistance and whatnot, their king still refused a defensive pact with me and would only go so far as a trade agreement.

There's a certain amount of randomness to it, it seems. But yeah theoretically it's possible if you're lucky and you fulfill all the requirements.

AFTER RAMPAGING THROUGH THE STREETS OF ODAWARA...

-

Tetsurou's warband suffered many casualties. More than a fifth of his men were dead - many more were injured - and the lords of the Sho that had joined the Oni in Red on his hunt gave their apologies and retreated back to their own lands to gather and regroup.

So for now, the campaign was off.

The Great Lord of the Sho Clan then wisely used this precious opportunity to consolidate his forces - specifically, he needed more men, to take the place of those who were slain in battle.

By recruiting samurai who were held prisoners in Odawara, the infamous warlord replenished his army. While these new men were loyal (having been rescued from Hojo prisons where they were beaten, malnourished, and absolutely not allowed to practice with their weapons), they would also require much training to reach the standard of Tetsurou's elite army.
They had the potential though - Tetsurou saw to it that his new recruits were well appointed and given the comforts and privileges befitting of their ranks.

Tetsurou kept his bank account in balance by then selling off all of his prisoners to a slave trader staying in Odawara, and selling off the loot (weapons, armour) that he judged too substandard to give to his own men.

With that out of the way, he set out to scout out the Hojo city of Edo.

---

Meanwhile, at this time, Lord Kajiki of the Hojo Clan would attempt to reclaim the recently taken Ashigara Castle that now belonged to the Sho Clan.
Tetsurou was not concerned however, and Lord Shimura happened to be in the area with a 200 strong army, vs Kajiki's 70.
Poor Kajiki. Shimura wasn't known for letting his prisoners go.

---

Tetsurou, seeking to give his new samurai recruits some brief battle experience before heading to Edo, intercepted and destroyed two Hojo caravans. Drills and katas can teach a soldier technical skills, but there's no better way to give your troops training than giving them some on-the-job experience - by throwing them against fleshy targets.
In other words - Training by Caravan!
nFyo3.jpg

jpWC9.jpg

Lord Shimizu of the Hojo was close-by, patrolling the area. Learning of the Oni in Red's caravan raids, he sought to solve the problem, thinking his numerical superiority of 160+ men vs 110 of Tetsurou's combat ready men (more than 30 were still injured) would ensure his victory. And as such, he attacked, much to the Oni in Red's amusement.
j80mN.jpg

mzzeV.jpg

8i7y-.jpg

... This decision was of course, a massive error, and Shimizu's forces were torn apart in short order.

With this victory, his new recruits had also won their first real battle, and they grew in experience and strength.

---

With that charade out of the way, Tetsurou made his way to Edo, to scout out the garrison.

The Oni in Red donned his monk disguise, and attempted to secretly enter the city.
Mysteriously, his disguise had been seen through again! He swore it was just terrible luck, and absolutely no blame lay with the disguise... Right? Right.
It had to be perfect! After all, whenever he asked his companions if there was anything wrong with his disguise, in deadly seriousness, they all assured him it was fine!

-

"... There's nothing wrong with my disguise... is there, Meiling?!", the Oni in Red asked as his sharp eyes stared into hers, piercing into her soul.
"OH NO OF COURSE NOT TETSUROU-DONO! IT'S NOTHING SHORT OF... OF PERFECT! ... *AHEM*, I need to go... POLISH MY HORSE'S SADDLE... PLEASE EXCUSE ME!" as she hastily bowed, then mysteriously ran off.
"Oh, of course..." he said, raising an eyebrow in confusion.

They had all answered just as sincerely! So there shouldn't be anything to worry about.
And yet, he was always discovered for some bizarre reason!

-

Unfortunately, as a result of being discovered, he did have to beat several members of the city watch with an overly large stick, then kill a few more with one of their own swords, before escaping into the labyrinthine streets of Edo.
ITO_m.jpg

sqFV-.jpg

After he had escaped the enemy patrols, he entered a tavern, and heard a rumour that Lords Ii and Hattori of the now defeated Tokugawa Clan were both imprisoned in the city.
This was a good chance to weaken the Hojo - and in the course of the breakout, make some new friends!

Hanakoganei said:
Also I've found that even then it's still not guaranteed. I've been the ruler of a faction much larger than the one I'm trying to form an alliance with (I was Khergit and I wanted to form an alliance with the Rhodoks against the Swadians and Sarranids, who we were both at war with). Even with our high relation of at least 50 due to rescuing each others' lords and assistance and whatnot, their king still refused a defensive pact with me and would only go so far as a trade agreement.

There's a certain amount of randomness to it, it seems. But yeah theoretically it's possible if you're lucky and you fulfill all the requirements.

How about the right to rule? Does it have any impact on diplomacy? Maybe higher right makes it easier to create alliance?

---

Still wearing his monk disguise, Tetsurou wandered through the streets of Edo, and approached the city prison. Somehow, Yeosong, Kojiro, Mokou and Musashi managed to infiltrate the city (without even wearing their own disguises? Without surrendering ANY of their weapons and armour?! They must have gotten lucky somehow!), and met up with their leader in the streets outside the prison.

Commanding his companions to remain on standby 40 yards away, the four warriors stood silently with their bows in hand. They stared silently at the prison guard, and the elite five-man Hojo unit who protected the pathway to Edo's nearby central fortress.
Jpdjt.jpg

Surreptitiously approaching the prison guard (under the suspicious and watchful eye of the nearby castle guards), Tetsurou inquired as to whether anybody was being held there, and whether he could go and see them.
RI8ys.jpg

cqfr1.jpg

93q4S.jpg

---

"Give me the keys to the cells -- NOW, SCUM!"
"HELP! PRISON BREAK!"

This was of course, the signal for Tetsurou's companions to rain down fire upon the Hojo guards.

With 2 angry and fully armed Hatamotos and four veteran retainers out for his hide, and little to protect him except a monk's garments and a piece of wood, Tetsurou promptly retreated.

Ducking to the side, he allowed his companions to open fire upon the enemy.
They took out one man, and weakened the others, before they were forced into close combat.

It was a tough fight, but his companions were strong fighters, and they won - for now.
But all of his first group of companions were knocked unconscious in the fight.
ebjJu.jpg

And the plan had only just begun.

--- Breaking into the prison ---

Tetsurou spoke with the imprisoned lords, and they enthusiastically agreed with the Oni in Red's plan.
7T85R.jpg

Tetsurou and the escapee lords were assisted by more of the former's companions, as they fought through a blockade of enemy infantry to escape the city.

And then... they were free!
gPOXi.jpg

676UG.jpg

Tetsurou let all of the rescued lords go free... and then he went on his way.

After that... the Siege of Edo would finally begin!

Pretty sure RtR is quite important in most diplomatic situations. I can't be sure, though, since my RtR was near maxed when I started out, as I noted before.

Incidentally, the Faction Relations page is broken in that you can't scroll sideways, so you can't see all the faction interactions with one another.

Also, the list of known lords also provides their character and relation with their lord, which is somewhat spoilerish information that you usually have to send a spy to find out, so that might be unwanted.

boy of hojo said:
How about the right to rule? Does it have any impact on diplomacy? Maybe higher right makes it easier to create alliance?
Moridin said:
Pretty sure RtR is quite important in most diplomatic situations. I can't be sure, though, since my RtR was near maxed when I started out, as I noted before.
I got curious and checked module_dialogs.py in another mod with Diplomacy to see what really is being factored in when trying to forge an alliance. There's actually a bunch.

Obviously you should not be at war with them, and they don't want to be at war with you (territorial and political disputes, such as having one of their lords defect to your faction). For best results, aim for a faction that's far away from yours, who might have common enemies with you.

Other than that, here are the other things checked:
Relation is the first thing checked, and they make a random number between 20 and 95, meaning if you have less than 20 relation with them they'll never accept an alliance. If you have 95 relation or more, you will get a 100% chance to go to the next check. Even if you have 52 relation, you still have about a 50% chance to fail this check.

The next check is player "honour". I guess AI rulers don't like dishonorable dudes that might break treaties. Anyway the random value is rolled between 5-75. So if you have less than 5 honour, you have a 0% chance to pass to the next check, and if you have 75 or more you get a guaranteed pass.

The last check is player Right to Rule, which is rolled between 5 and 50. Anything above 50 RtR is considered to be royalty by a lot of people already (random fact, AI default rulers seem to have 75 RtR). Less than 5 RtR and of course you get a guaranteed fail. If you had 27 RtR you still have about a 50% chance to fail even if you passed all the previous checks.

So yeah. Random random. Theoretically possible to get a 100% chance for the player for some factions that you have no disputes with, but there's a lot to do before then.

When I started learning about ninjas, I found it interesting they worked more like Agent 47 rather than sneaking in the shadows like a Sam Fisher.

Kadoken said:
When I started learning about ninjas, I found it interesting they worked more like Agent 47 rather than sneaking in the shadows like a Sam Fisher.

They were neither really. Just armed peasants who didn't like Samurai. They were the Japanese equivalent of modern Guerrilla fighters.

Back
Top Bottom