Comments: 3.0 Released

Users who are viewing this thread

so this means straight edged katana and tanto will be gone :grin: yipeee!
also.. this is the 2nd time I buy a weapon that reads 'balanced' and costs more but the stats are the same as a regular weapon... intended?

I have great power and influence in Takeda, any way to usurp the throne from great lord takeda? Or am I stuck being an awesome vassal?

tonight i made several spears (1 omi yari, 2 types of fukuro yari, and 4 types of su yari) -- still not done making new ones though. i think i can finish the rest tomorrow then start on the naginata, nagamaki, tetsubo, otsuchi, and others. last night, i finished making all-new tantos, katanas, wakizashis, nodachis, and tachis (with the correct scabbard alignment, unlike half of the tachi models currently in-game). after all those melee weapons are complete, i think i'm going to make some more civilian clothes and low-level armors before moving on to nanban armor and kawari kabutos. one of the civilian clothes i really want to tackle are the yamabushi clothes. i want to make all-new bows -- at least 3 to 4 tiers this time -- but i'm probably going to put it off for last. i'm also going to make shuriken and pistols

as far as coded features go, for the past couple of days i only added minor stuff -- you can now join any side when you encounter a battle, castles and towns are now reinforced by their villages when their garrisons are too small (and you can intercept the reinforcements), food lasts twice as long, and i added a new bandit type called "Monk Rebels" in tokugawa territory, south of where the ronin used to be. there's going to be one last new bandit type, but i still haven't decided what type and where to put them -- maybe an area near where the mogami, uesugi, and date meet

anyway, i was looking through my reference pictures and noticed this

nagoya02.jpg

does that keep layout remind you of anything?  :lol:

Awesome looking forward to the update.

Any rough estimate on time left? 2 weeks? a month?

Keep up the good work! this mod got me from 30 hours of warband play time to 87 at the moment lol.

The upcoming updates sound awesome, please have the ikko ikki declare war sooner and can we have nagi monk cavalry? The ikko ikki troop tree is lacking cav :sad: and the nagi monks are pretty bad, monk gunners are ok I guess. If you think it lacks historical backing, it doesn't. The ikki meaning 'band' in jp were originally led by lords with samurai as well as the enraged peasants from iga.. Looking to establish the realm of Amida Buddha in Japan And they were pushed out of Iga to Kanezawa by Nobunaga I believe..

I had been wondering if this mod was still being developed. I am a massive fan and have been casting it all week on twitch (Nocturnal_fox)
I do have a few questions.

1) Is it still being developed? (Answered in above posts)

2) When is the next major/minor update due?

3) What changes are being made? (some mentioned above)

4)  Any chance of being able to merge the "warband" into one army or updating their AI? By this I mean it does happen where on one side there will be 1 army of say 300 troops and on the other there is 3 armies of 100+ all of which break and run in different directions. And can sometimes ruin an attack/defence if they cooperated.

5) Would it be possible to update the character creation screen to be a little like Floris? It is easier to see your starting stats and change accordingly.

I will probably cast a little bit of Floris today then lots of sengoku.

Oda all the way.

Jozen said:
The upcoming updates sound awesome, please have the ikko ikki declare war sooner and can we have nagi monk cavalry? The ikko ikki troop tree is lacking cav :sad: and the nagi monks are pretty bad, monk gunners are ok I guess. If you think it lacks historical backing, it doesn't. The ikki meaning 'band' in jp were originally led by lords with samurai as well as the enraged peasants from iga.. Looking to establish the realm of Amida Buddha in Japan And they were pushed out of Iga to Kanezawa by Nobunaga I believe..
i am still balancing the ikko ikki units, so don't worry. i am also aware that they weren't all monks and peasants, and that they had samurai allies and that their armies were led by samurai generals -- the way i do them, and the way other games treat them, are more for gameplay reasons than historical reasons. i do want to set myself apart from other treatments of the era, so i might make a few changes that you'd like

nocturnalfox said:
2) When is the next major/minor update due?
i don't have a release schedule, unfortunately, because it all depends on my whim. for major updates, it's when i'm satisfied that i've added enough features to justify ruining everyone's saves. for minor updates, it's usually emergency fixes for game-breakers that are relatively easy to trigger.

3) What changes are being made? (some mentioned above)
other than what we've discussed so far, i'm adding is the imperial and ashikaga shogunate faction and the religion system. they don't quite do anything yet though -- they're just the bare bones that i will add features and quests onto. i just wanted to get them out of the way instead of putting them off forever. they're just a few of many things i'm adding, and the main part right i'm concentrating on right now are weapon and armor variety

4)  Any chance of being able to merge the "warband" into one army or updating their AI? By this I mean it does happen where on one side there will be 1 army of say 300 troops and on the other there is 3 armies of 100+ all of which break and run in different directions. And can sometimes ruin an attack/defence if they cooperated.
unfortunately, that's not possible to combine armies. however, i am tweaking the ai a little to make the smaller armies a little more brave, to lessen the annoyance of the scattering.

5) Would it be possible to update the character creation screen to be a little like Floris? It is easier to see your starting stats and change accordingly.
i have that as low priority right now, but if it's annoying enough to a lot of people, i can bump it up

thanks for casting the mod!

well, i made enough sword parts and textures over the past week that i could mix and match to create 4,608 sword variations.

i'm only using 40 of the variations, however

phlpp said:
well, i made enough sword parts and textures over the past week that i could mix and match to create 4,608 sword variations.

i'm only using 40 of the variations, however

How come you made so many but are only using 40 of the variations?

there are only a few sword parts (16 guards, 12 scabbards, 6 hilts) in 4 sizes. they just happen to be able to combine into that many variations. most of the variations would look too much alike, so i selected the 40 that are the most clearly different from each other. actually, i only really picked 10 in 4 different shapes/sizes -- wakizashi, katana, tachi, and nodachi

it's the same story with other melee weapons, more or less. there was only 1 tanto model before, but now there are at least 5 (out of 1728 possible part combos). 5 spears are being replaced by 30 or so. 2 naginatas are being replaced by 14.

the way i have it with the swords in particular is that 3 of the models are generic and are called plain "Katana" or "Wakizashi" along with whatever modifiers they may have (Rusty, Balanced, etc). the 7 other models are named after schools of swordmaking and legendary smiths, so you will see things like "Yamashiro Nodachi" or "Masamune Tachi" -- these have stat boosts (different for each school or smith) and price increases. different swords by the same school/smith have distinctive colors/styles so you should be able to recognize them on the battlefield after a while. i intend to apply this system to the other weapons

by way of example, here are some possible combos i made with naginata parts -- both have the same blade (i made 3 blade shapes/sizes so far):

newnaginat.jpg

newnagjxj.jpg

here's another example with the yari -- both have the same lower shaft (there are 6 different lower shafts so far)

newyari1.jpg

newyari2.jpg

11sparky11 said:
Will he different models have different stats? Like a shorter yari that is faster etc.
yeah. different-sized weapons have different stats, obviously (because they're different weapons). but like i said in the post above, variations of weapons have different stats based on the provincial school of smithing/legendary smith that made them

Alright I see why now. I'm happy that we are going to have more sword and that. Will we be getting more armor in the new update or sword and the other thing you talked about?

So what armour are you planning to make?

Heres another hat idea.

I currently roll with a helmetless samurai. Would love to get a headband, or perhaps even this. The only problem with helmets and hats in this game is that they seem to always remove the hair with them. Is there a workaround?

131k101f.jpg

Total-War-Shogun-2-Rise-of-the-Samurai-590x232.jpg

Tell me about the relgious system, and is there going to be battle of intrgue for favor of the emperor at court?

Back
Top Bottom