Comments: 3.0 Released

Users who are viewing this thread

It is awesome! All your models look great. I am anticipating look forward when 2.0 will be released. Your mod is the best!

If I am not disturbing you from your work, can you answer on my previous questions?

Do you plan realize in your mode some spectacular injuring system? (decapitation, dismember, blood splashes etc.)

Do you plan add some new fighting movements(animation) or defend/attack stands with weapons in game, like it was in kendo or naginatadjutsu fighting art?

Please, don’t throw creating this mod! Really, this is the best mod I've ever played.

Oh right, sorry for forgetting to answer them :oops:

I have no plans to add decapitation, but I might change my mind in the future

I put in new sword attack animations, but that's all so far. I don't know if I'll add more in the future, but it will probably be for 3.0 or later

Thanks you very much for answering my questions. Sorry, if I was not polite or correct. I need more practice in english.

I've been following this mod for a while, but I just recently downloaded it and started playing.

It's very atmospheric and plays excellent. Feels like I'm in an old Samurai flick.

Keep up the good work!

whew, i finished 3 castle keeps today

first one is based on shibata castle. i don't like how it turned out, so i am most likely gonna pretty it up
c4k1.jpg

second one is based on hirosaki castle
c4k2.jpg

the third one is based on gifu castle
c4k3.jpg

i'm probably going to do only one more keep for 2.0

If you could do a few different colours and somehow cover them with unique faction mons I can wait for future updates for more.

The first picutre looks kinda awkward.

Japanese were not very tall(the tallest person was 1.70 cm high.)

the average japanese person was between the 1,20 and 1,50 cm high.

Your castle walls look to high.

2nd picture:

Looks good though one big mistake the japanese did not had those huge gigantic stairs.

They more had small stairs though as mentioned their castle layers were divided and that created the height of the keep.
The castles all look to high because of the stones under them.(they had stones under them but they were not that high.)

3rd picture looks okay, though most japanese castles were squares I do not know the gifu castle at the moment.

The castles look great ;o
And yeah, mons on them would be a very nice addition lol

I don't remember if it has already been implemented, but were you planning on adding any onna bushi to this mod? Mercenary onna bushi would be pretty awesome.  :mrgreen:

With one more castle to go, do you mean after it is finished it is likely that 2.0 will be out?

Take your time, of course, I was just asking out of curiosity.  :razz:

SanadaSamurai said:

2nd picture:

Looks good though one big mistake the japanese did not had those huge gigantic stairs.

They more had small stairs though as mentioned their castle layers were divided and that created the height of the keep.
The castles all look to high because of the stones under them.(they had stones under them but they were not that high.)

Most objects (such as the castles) have large bottoms (the stone) so you can add them to any terrain and there are no holes at the bottom.
He will just lower the castle into the ground until it is an appropriate height in the scene editor. The scene editor can also change the length, width, and heights of any object, just in case you wish to do that manually for your own tastes. It is as simple as changing some numbers, nothing complicated. I'm just letting you know in case it doesn't get changed to your preference and you would like to edit it yourself.  ;p

Timohept said:
Most objects (such as the castles) have large bottoms (the stone) so you can add them to any terrain and there are no holes at the bottom.
He will just lower the castle into the ground until it is an appropriate height in the scene editor. The scene editor can also change the length, width, and heights of any object, just in case you wish to do that manually for your own tastes. It is as simple as changing some numbers, nothing complicated. I'm just letting you know in case it doesn't get changed to your preference and you would like to edit it yourself.  ;p

Most of the time the creator of a mod wants to be historical accurate.
I know what you are saying but the textures get screwed up with the ingame editor.

I am merely pointing out some facts about japanese history as an historian.

the stonework underneath the castle models are usually halfway under the ground -- i made them tall to prevent gaps  from forming when i put them on slopes

Really , absolutely briliant mod ! Keep working like this and this mod will become one of the best around here . Great job , phlpp . Best Regards

today, i did a lot of minor fixes on the scene props, including the keep based on shibata castle i showed yesterday (altered the proportions slightly)

c4k1new.jpg

but i also added yet another new keep, this one vaguely based on karatsu castle, with a level lopped off

c4k4.jpg

now, i have to say, they really do look different in-game, and the plaster is definitely not solid white -- the normal map just doesn't show up very well in because it's finely grained and my view in OpenBRF is zoomed out pretty far

as for scene props, there are 9 types of castle keeps (tenshu), and 5 types of archer towers (yagura) -- talk about variety :smile:. that's probably all i need for 2.0. regarding scenes, i'm supposed to have 12 unique scenes for 72 castles on the map -- so about 1:6 ratio. hopefully for 3.0, i could bring that down even further to 1:3 or maybe even 1:2, so you don't get so many clones.

i didn't have the time earlier today, but i feel like addressing this question about historical accuracy, because i don't want to look like i didn't do my research:

SanadaSamurai said:

i really really doubt that the lower bound of the average japanese person's height, even in the sengoku, was 120m. that's 3'11" in US units! most sources i've seen give 156cm for average male height, with a tiny few sources saying 173cm around the time of sekigahara. that's slightly taller than the average today, so it might actually be the average samurai height (remember, they had a much better diet than the average population, and older era doesn't necessarily mean shorter people -- it varies based on local conditions). a japanese source i found estimated that ieyasu was around 160cm tall, with a 120cm waist (!!!)

in relation to the above, they are based on measurements of castle blueprints i've found, so they ought to be pretty accurate. i've made them somewhat taller (while keeping the proportions) in order to better accommodate mount and blade's third person camera while fighting inside the interior. i might be overdoing it, of course :lol:

2nd picture:

i have to disagree. yes, they were layered, but some stonework was actually very high, like so:

640px-Matsuyama_castle%28Iyo%291.JPG

640px-%E6%9D%BE%E5%B1%B1%E5%9F%8E%E5%9F%8E%E9%96%80_%282372906318%29.jpg

for at least one or two sides -- i've made them high on all sides on the props so i could have better control how they appear in scenes. in fact, in the the actual scenes, i do have them layered properly -- they're also divided different marus as appropriate (honmaru, ninomaru, sannoaru, etc).

as for the high stairs, that's partly artistic license, but also based on my favorite scene in ran:

ran001922.jpg

3rd picture looks okay, though most japanese castles were squares I do not know the gifu castle at the moment.
if we're both talking about late sengoku / azuchi-momoyama / early edo castles, i'll have to disagree. especially the early borogata (望楼型) type tenshus:

tenshuref0.gif

actually, here's gifu castle in particular (as built by saito dosan?):

921025.jpg

many of the yagura i've come across from this period are also rectangular -- some pretty long on one side. they seem more like raised barracks buildings or galleries than guard towers  :lol:

Good, they look much better now imo.

Now when i look at it I can feel the japanese samurai atmosphere in those castles :smile:.

mhm I have resources from the Takeda clan from 1550 till 1573 and some sources from the osaka castle map with its blueprints.

it is interesting to know these facts, though i really think they did not had huge stairs they had more like little platforms you go to(like your 2nd castle picture).

But anyway damned good job on those castles and a good job handling criticism. :smile:.

Ive been playing this mod for a while and enjoy it quite abit. That said I have two humble suggestions to make.

1)Control clicking anywhere on the overland map allows my warband to teleport to that spot immediately.. :shock: ... i dont know if this has happened to anyone else or not.

2) my elite spearmen (from villages, the non faction units) dont have spears. They seem to fight with only wakizashi. Are they meant to be this way?

Back
Top Bottom