Comments: 3.0 Released

Users who are viewing this thread

Yeah, the kneeling animations have been fixed for sure.

In addition to new armors, I'm fixing up the textures of the old armors too -- I already finished adding strips of egawa (embossed leather) trim to the high class armors, for one. I'm planning to make all the black armors a lot darker as well, and tweaking the red and russet armors wouldn't be that much more work (since its a lot of work to begin with, might as well get that part out of the way too, eh?)

The map really is eerily quiet, especially compared to the mad chaos of 2.0 (the 2.1 update was right after I discovered that certain variables relating to diplomacy overlapped and caused schizophrenic faction relations -- I might have overcompensated). I've been trying to correct that, of course -- get it back somewhere halfway or a third of the way to the old condition of total, endemic warfare. At a low level, I added more bandits with more variety -- including ashigaru deserters so that deserter parties aren't a death sentence to low level chars anymore. At a higher level, I am still tweaking strategic AI. That last part is going slow, but I feel it will be really worth it.

Is there a practical purpose to kneeling in M&B? I don't find it to positively affect ranged accuracy at all, just seems to get me shot in the face real quick, especially when facing all ranged parties like the Ikkis and Wokus.

Great news there! Spent 86 days without anything much happening and no wars breaking out (while allied to the Hojo) and when I tried to start one via a lord's quest, the entire clan ended up hating me. So I started a new game where I recruited only Ikkō-ikki type troops and after much hard training actually got about 30 elite naginata monks and veteran monk teppo gunners. I was able to take a castle with a garrison of 200 with my 60 guys. But after that it grinded to a halt because the town adjacent had a garrison of 300 and I'd needed at least 200 men to take it, and it seems the amount of soldiers the player can have stops at 101 (did for me anyway at that point), and even then I'd need a town to be able to pay more than a hundred soldiers.  Which seems sort of unfair as the enemy lords tend to roam around with 200+ men at that point. Of course, this meant I needed to get allies so I could take it with their help, so I pledged vassalage to my ikki neighbors. They were pleased to accept me, but the second I did my war stopped and my enemies I had liberated a castle from forgot I existed, and I could NOT make the monks go to war.

Playing as a warrior monk was interesting, and made me think about their units and items. The head-scarves seem unchanged from vanilla, is there any chance they could be retextured to be more white and less yellow, so that they'd fit better with the other items? (or perhaps be redone to look more like the image below). It'd also be great if there were padded versions of head wraps with more than 11 armor rating, so that they could be used by the player without worrying about an increase in head injuries. Would be fun if the monks got a little more love overall, maybe even a rare horse unit for those who want to go exclusively ikki? (I did to avoid penalties for having mixed troop types).

I would also suggest making it an option to change your chosen clan banner ingame. Before I chose to join the ikki, I had a red flag with a flower. The rest of them all had black and white flags and I felt a bit out of place, and I wished I could change it without having to start over.

Sohei-guardian.jpg

I also spent some time roaming around up north and met northern barbarians. Are these meant to be roaming Ainu? The indigenous people of Japan were very caucasian-looking fellas with big beards and really interesting clothing. Might be worth giving them a little more personality. Perhaps even a faction on Hokkaido?  :eek:

495.jpg

All that said, the mod is amazing and especially the stability of it makes me flabbergasted. I've had no crashes, no red error text or any of the problems that most other mods this extensive have. I don't know how you do it, phlpp. Can't wait to see the new stuff in the next release, consider me a fan.

I agree that the pc has something of a disadvantage as far as max party size goes, but I think I saw something concerning that as well.

As for the banner, if yes, I'd make it go through one's liege lord. Like changing a clan name. It would be confusing if one could change one's insignia at will, at least as far as the game world is concerned.
I doubt it'll be a priority though.

Doggie McDowell said:
Okay so I have been tweaking this mod for a while and things are starting to get a bit crazy and a bit illegal, I thought other people might like what I'm doing so I've took a few screenshots to show.

This is the Kaga Ikki faction, I've changed all the armours and created two new classes.
557y.jpg
In this screen you can see ronins on the left (which are some of the top tier troops) and expert ashigarus on the right (I renamed the spearmen to ashigaru sorry bro). The flags on the back vary between units.
fz6g.jpg
Here are the ronins up close so you can see the details on the armor and kabuto, I made all the models from scratch and they're definitely NOT from a game called Shogun 2:TW  :lol:
d98y.jpg
Here are the monks, I thought this mod needed a proper headcowl model so I've made this one, it took me AGES but I finally figured out how to make it hang onto the body and also cover the head (the game engine is a ***** for this). Also the body is an adaptation of an existing wonderful armour from another modder, I only changed the waist which was way too low and looked weird.
dgoa.jpg
The most trained monks have large shoulder pads which are called sode, they were already outdated at the time but I thought they would give them an ancient and unique look since warrior monks are very traditional in their equipment.

There are also some other models but it's late, maybe I'll show them tomorrow. If the author is interested I could upload the files for the mod, otherwise I will keep working on this for myself. Greetings.

I havent followed M&B mods for a while, but is that armour ingame! Holy crap. If it isnt in the main mod, get that ingame now its fantastic.

I know those models and textures are from Shogun 2 but who cares it looks great in M&B

I must say, this is by far the greatest mod for Warband. Thank you so much for your hard work. It is greatly appreciated!

My game freezes when I click new game, leaving only written down in the text loading "LAUNCHING GAME" and then the application stops responding = \

My game is from steam, in 1.158 this
What should I do?

I noticed a problem while playing :???:

When I join an army as a solider and asked for "leave time" (time off), I failed the quest of being enlisted, but the quest in which I have to return from my "time off" was still in progress, I still had 7 days? Was it just me that did something in the wrong order? Or was it the game?  :shock:

Been playing this mod a lot again recently too. Started a new game and I noticed that war is much less crazy nowadays lol. I'm in Uesugi and we're only at war with one faction (Takeda just below us), and we had several days of peace just before that.

Hanakoganei said:
Been playing this mod a lot again recently too. Started a new game and I noticed that war is much less crazy nowadays lol. I'm in Uesugi and we're only at war with one faction (Takeda just below us), and we had several days of peace just before that.

Ah yes. Those were the golden times, free from war.

Haha yeah. Actually I had to say that because my memories of this mod are from the pre-2.1a version when that Diplomacy bug apparently got hotfixed. At the time every faction was at war with at least 3 other factions at all times. I was in Uesugi the first time I played and we were at war on 10 fronts at one point. It was crazy lol. Castles were changing hands multiple times within the day.

C97-Yilmaz said:
I noticed a problem while playing :???:

When I join an army as a solider and asked for "leave time" (time off), I failed the quest of being enlisted, but the quest in which I have to return from my "time off" was still in progress, I still had 7 days? Was it just me that did something in the wrong order? Or was it the game?  :shock:
I think your lord might have been defeated while you had time off, but there should be no consequences when the quest timer runs down -- but if I'm wrong, tell me so I can fix it.

It could be too that the defeated lord was captured, and because he was still on the map the game still recognizes him at the effect of the quest's time. It happened to me once in native freelancer, and after some tries I discovered that the only effective way to not fail the quest was recue him from the lord's party where he was as prisoner.

It was totally epic to rescue Ragnar after fighting count Klargus army with the Nord armies aside me, they were sieging Suno and Klargus tried to relieve the siege as the Swadian Marshall.

ZeroNoID said:
When are you going to update?
an update will be posted when he feels like hes done enough
since the next update will break saves

many new things will be added/changed so just be patient it will come when hes finished enough

Back
Top Bottom