Comments: 3.0 Released

Users who are viewing this thread

Oh dear lord, I just found out about a bug where you don't spawn with tournament weapons in any round -- at least in Yamada. I'll be making a quick fix on that ASAP and instead of a major update I'll have a small one with all the accumulated changes I listed :neutral:

DarthTaco said:
If the devs create a MP element, this would be the only active Samurai mod for MP and SP :grin:.
For MP and SP there will be active Shogun mod (Woyo sensei is working at it).
For MP Samurai: Japan in Flames ( work on).
Good luck and have fun at making this ( I think amazing) mod!

Oh dear here's the minor update:

http://mountandblade.nexusmods.com/mods/3816/

Here's the update text:

Update 1.1
There's a new version out with many small improvements and one important bug fix! Go to the download section and get it right away. Unfortunately you have to download the new version whole--it is not a patch. Just overwrite your current Gekokujo directory if you have it installed. I wasn't expecting to make this update, but I noticed a bug in Reformist's LP (check it out if you haven't yet) where tournaments don't spawn weapons in certain cities. The minor updates also add up to improve the look and feel of the low level armors and hats/helmets, and for that alone it's still worth to get. Your current save files should still be safe and useable.

- Tournaments in Uesugi, Date, and Oda clan cities should no longer spawn without weapons
- 10 new armor variations for low level armor and improved sugegasa/jingasa model
- Different looks for different types of bandits (many using the new armor variations)
- Faction leaders are now "Great Lord" instead of just "Lord"
- Samurai troop names are more descriptive ("Yumi Cavalry" instead of just "Cavalry")
- Many more minor fixes

Furrnox said:
phlpp said:
- Faction leaders are now "Great Lord" instead of just "Lord"

Why not daimyo?
Answered at 1st post, as usual,
A little note on the in-game names of equipment and NPCs: My priority is to make the mod intuitive for all players, not just historical enthusiasts, so gratuitous Japanese is avoided, unless the English equivalent is even more cumbersome or somehow less informative. You will also meet "Lord Tokugawa", not "Daimyo Tokugawa Ieyasu" -- in Native mount and blade, lords only had one name (although their given names, not their surnames or house names), and "Daimyo _" isn't accurate usage anyway, since it's not how contemporaries would have addressed or identified them. The mod tries to be accurate with regards to the general conditions of the time, but deliberately ignores particulars as a design decision. "Lord Oda" represents Nobunaga, but isn't really him. Gekokujo is not a historical simulation, but not because I believe it detracts from gameplay or enjoyment--so although it won't be perfect, I am not going out of my way to flout history and accuracy.

Furrnox said:
Oh xD Iam sorry
"Daimyo (Name)" just rolls off the tongue, so it "sounds" good, but it's kinda gratuitous in a way. Also, figuring out a good title for the vassals is a pain, because "Kokujin (Name)" sounds really bad (and is also wrong usage), and not all vassal-generals would have been kokujin anyway. And having them as "General" or "Taisho" diminishes the feudal element too much IMO. Some of the vassals in the game were also minor Daimyo in their own right--just important enough to be included, but too small and too loyal to their bigger ally to be allowed to have an independent faction. Don't worry, I didn't come to this aesthetic decision lightly.

BlackDevil2 said:
How about a volley fire option for archers ?
Oh, that's a good idea. For gunners too, of course

Sekum said:
Could you make fire guns and bullets to be on sale?
They are, but I might have set the abundance too low. I'll make it higher for the next update.

Sethaniel said:
phlpp said:
BlackDevil2 said:
How about a volley fire option for archers ?
Oh, that's a good idea. For gunners too, of course

Wait, is that actually possible to implement? I honestly had no idea.
I've seen it as a feature in other mods, I think. Never tried it though. If it needs WSE or anything like that though, I won't do it, unfortunately

Hi, this mod is the most promising of its kind. I truly enjoy the Sengoku era, and so far this is pretty spot on. The only thing... the ONLY thing I could possibly ask for and then be able to say it's perfect is clan specific armors: for both samurai and ashigaru units. Right now there's a rainbow of units fighting in a big mash and it's hard to tell which ashigaru is on which side, so here's a little pic to help you with armor colors per faction:

15er1.jpg

Hope that helps! Keep up the excellent work, and good luck!  :grin:

I couldn't help myself and added a dynamic world map, courtesy of the ever-excellent rubik.

w1PCP.jpg

The borders on the map are based entirely on who currently owns what city or castle, and shift as factions (including yours) shuffle around ownership. It takes a few seconds to load, however, as it always redraws the map from scratch. Rubik really outdid himself

Nothing worth showing in the scene props and scene departments yet, but soon there'll be many

In other minor updates, I've fixed a few problems such as: units weren't getting firearms skills, firearms were exceedingly rare in shops, and even melee weapons like nodachis and odachis weren't showing up either (they're actually the same thing--one spawns in cavalry units, the other in the infantry)

you know the map is kinda not historical accurate since the Takeda never got a castle near the ocean... but nevermind me.(that castle should be uesgi's and the uesugi's castle in north Shinano should be takeda's)

Yukimura_Sanada said:
you know the map is kinda not historical accurate since the Takeda never got a castle near the ocean... but nevermind me.(that castle should be uesgi's and the uesugi's castle in north Shinano should be takeda's)
You're right--I think during my initial shuffle the castle in Etchu that blocks the way between the Honganji and Uesugi used to be farther south, but I moved it north and renamed it without changing the factions

I was gonna add probably ~50 or so new towns and castles along with the scenery update, without increasing the number of factions. But now I'm thinking I should add at least 3 or 4 more, including Iga province rebels somehow

Technically in Iga province, were the Iga-Ikki a religious sect of monks.

by the way what time is the mod in I searched the front page 3 times couldn't find it.

Back
Top Bottom