Comments: 3.0 Released

Users who are viewing this thread

Just want to know what the best cheap unit is.

I keep getting my butt handed to me by other armies even when I have a ton of veteran troops and outnumber them by 50%.

A small dialogue error. If you ask if Tokugawa Ieyasu if you can marry his children he gives the usual line but he refers to himself as a str (I assume it means string error) Khan.

haitch40 said:
A small dialogue error. If you ask if Tokugawa Ieyasu if you can marry his children he gives the usual line but he refers to himself as a str (I assume it means string error) Khan.

Clearly, his character model needs to be changed to a Japanese Ricardo Montaban/Benedict Cumberbatch.

Just a quick question, is there any way to fix my problem on yukino****a armors without changing the render method from directx 7 to directx 9?

I'm not sure if these are personal problems or not but..is anybody else..

-Not able to put Lords into your town/castle to imprison?
-Forced to command the entire attacking force including supporters from another Lords party, Instead of just their own party?

Also I would like to make a couple suggestions for future additions;
- Add more faction troops for the form army..cheat
- Make all Ikko troops including the Ji-Warriors and village recruits wear the monk headwraps, seeing as the Ikko Ikki was basically a religious/cult movement.
- If possible, enable us to switch out troop equipment ourselves.
- If possible, remove the troop penalty ( If commanding Ikko troops and are at war with another commander using Ikko troops, I don't believe the harsh morale penalty should arise seeing as the men in my company volunteered to follow me into battle. In Feudal Japan brother against brother wouldn't be abnormal. Death before dishonor)
- Picking up on the death before dishonor motto, would it be possible to remove troop retreating during battle? It's kind of tedious and annoying trying to chase them down.

regardless of any minor inconveniences, I can assure you I wholeheartedly love this mod and have been playing it nearly everyday for the past week. Keep up the great work!

Also;
When given the quest to train peasants in a village for an impending bandit raid, the models and scene are native. Excluding the heads, which looks sort of funny.

Sunny Beach said:
- Picking up on the death before dishonor motto, would it be possible to remove troop retreating during battle? It's kind of tedious and annoying trying to chase them down.

It's even more tedious to grind away at blobs of infantry forever, with no semblance of tactics or positioning. in small battles retreating men can be annoying, but in the larger multi-stage ones...oh boy. it becomes a never-ending match of AoE with no unit limit.

Dunno about you but it's far more satisfying to make a large army rout than to individually kill a bunch of drones with no sense of danger. it feels a little bit more human.

I agree. I'd rather see my enemies flee especially when you're faced with like 1000 troops or something. You don't need to chase them down. When they reach the edge of the screen they're gone. If they somehow rally and try to reform their lines, which they do sometimes especially if they get reinforcements, then all the easier it is for you to finish them off.

jacobhinds said:
Sunny Beach said:

It's even more tedious to grind away at blobs of infantry forever, with no semblance of tactics or positioning. in small battles retreating men can be annoying, but in the larger multi-stage ones...oh boy. it becomes a never-ending match of AoE with no unit limit.

Dunno about you but it's far more satisfying to make a large army rout than to individually kill a bunch of drones with no sense of danger. it feels a little bit more human.

Understandable, but I'm sure there would be supporters of both our sides. I think it would be a good addition if possible, to add a sort of toggle for enabling/disabling retreat during battle, resembling the diplomacy toggle-able options.

Edit; Another feature that would be agreeable to me would be for the battle to have the option to end once the enemy has triggered their retreat, rather than waiting for them to move offscreen or chase them down. Seeing as that's my main problem in this, is when I have 100 guys moving in a huge mosh pit just to try and catch 2 or 3 of the enemy.

My personal mod has made me learn a few things past few days :grin:. Retextured a bunch of new items. The headband models from the shogun submod were actually from Warband. A sarranid helmit with cloth wrap. The helmet itself was removed, still has the same texture diffuse.

Also found out how tedious it is to re-equip troop loadouts with every new item. Gave samurai more variation the higher tier they get. Also black and white headbands.

I gave ashigaru new armour. Too many polygons, lagged large battles, so removed that and only gave new armour to Samurai.

NO0sBMt.jpg

Looks good.

On another note I ran into the trying to free yourself from prison bug again.
Also when do you hope to have everything done including the music? I hope to do a lets play of a campaign from poor peasant too ruler of Japan when it is all done.

@osric Couple of things that help performance:

Create .lods using the openbrf function. For lower poly stuff or items with a lot of spearate meshes you can end up with strange/ugly results though.

Change the shader on the material to specular_shader_skin_bump_high if it's a rigged mesh, and change it to specular_shader_noskin_bump_high if it isn't. Use the standart_shaders if there's no specular.

Never make a texture over 1024² and resize them (to another power of two like 512) on paint.net or something. You can make bumpmaps smaller than their diffuses if you want.

Try to put more stuff on one texture if you can. Multimeshing is nice and versatile but can slow the game down even if the textures loaded are quite small. Much of the stuttering don't-look-at-the-moshpit lag is caused by having to load textures rather than render polygons.

jacobhinds said:
@osric Couple of things that help performance:

Create .lods using the openbrf function. For lower poly stuff or items with a lot of spearate meshes you can end up with strange/ugly results though.

Change the shader on the material to specular_shader_skin_bump_high if it's a rigged mesh, and change it to specular_shader_noskin_bump_high if it isn't. Use the standart_shaders if there's no specular.

Never make a texture over 1024² and resize them (to another power of two like 512) on paint.net or something. You can make bumpmaps smaller than their diffuses if you want.

Try to put more stuff on one texture if you can. Multimeshing is nice and versatile but can slow the game down even if the textures loaded are quite small. Much of the stuttering don't-look-at-the-moshpit lag is caused by having to load textures rather than render polygons.

Thanks for that. That'll keep me busy.

Osric said:
My personal mod has made me learn a few things past few days :grin:. Retextured a bunch of new items. The headband models from the shogun submod were actually from Warband. A sarranid helmit with cloth wrap. The helmet itself was removed, still has the same texture diffuse.

Also found out how tedious it is to re-equip troop loadouts with every new item. Gave samurai more variation the higher tier they get. Also black and white headbands.

I gave ashigaru new armour. Too many polygons, lagged large battles, so removed that and only gave new armour to Samurai.

NO0sBMt.jpg

Is the guy wearing the high poly Takeda armor missing his knees?
Or am I seeing it wrong?

Anyway, you might want to add an armored version of the headband, Google "hitaiganemaki" for pictures of them, it would justify a higher armor value then regular hachimaki.

Ichimonji Hidetora said:
Osric said:

NO0sBMt.jpg

Is the guy wearing the high poly Takeda armor missing his knees?
Or am I seeing it wrong?

Anyway, you might want to add an armored version of the headband, Google "hitaiganemaki" for pictures of them, it would justify a higher armor value then regular hachimaki.

There is a flower in front of it.

i do like that base model better than the one i use -- is that from shogun 2? mine's just a reworking of the native "mysterious armor" with increased polycount

Osric said:

NO0sBMt.jpg
Somehow I can see why I might give that a skip. My main question or now is does the armor deform well. Because the SSH high poly samurai armor deformed quite badly on the shoulder and neck.

phlpp said:
i do like that base model better than the one i use -- is that from shogun 2? mine's just a reworking of the native "mysterious armor" with increased polycount

The model is yeah. But the texture has been recoloured.

With the LODs the Shoulder armour deforms quite well.  If want to get an impression of what you'd need to do to

Lm1DguH.jpg

Second picture shows the weight painting so if you were to add shoulders that move with the arm thats how you'd go about it. The Shoulders and lower armour are a single texture used for each layer, instead of painting each one individually.

For the body armour, could just add a boolean around the chest plate and extrude it ever so slightly to create 'thickness'. This would add barely any poly count and you wouldnt have to retexture that part.

8gFLUhB.jpg

On the deformation side anything past LOD2 it becomes quite cray.

Back
Top Bottom