Comments: 3.0 Released

Users who are viewing this thread

And what about new cavalry charging animations based on charging samurai poses like these?:

qSNBx.jpg

7vsTx.jpg

3.0 has shaped up to be one of the finest mods in the section. Heres a list of thing I think that should be (in my own opinion) be thought about next

• A challenging endgame and varied when you start your own kingdom. Earlygame and Midgame are fantastic, with loads to do, but when you start capping cities and your economy is fine theres not much to do or challenge yourself.

Factions could be a little unique troop wise. Perhaps a unique unit? Takeda could access Cavalry earlier or something

Larger variety of Armour. i.e
    - more worn armour, texturework is fantastic but too 'clean'.
    - Unique helmets, Don has been posting alot of them
    - Larger variety of  armour in the higher tiers. Currently youre stuck with either Kozane or Nanban
    - Pauldrons or Shoulder armour needs to be worked on so they taper round the shoulder like they do, as an example http://imgur.com/FR4Luwy,K4gG6wb has good example, accurate to pictures, tapers round the shoulder. Armour also needs to be a little bit baggier around the arms.
    Samurai_with_sword.jpg

Some more hats like these http://www.gotterdammerung.org/film/mizoguchi-kenji/tales-of-the-taira-clan/tales-of-the-taira-clan-02.jpg and seen in 1500's here http://www.willamette.edu/~rloftus/jfilm/naga2.jpg  http://www.geocities.ws/kazenaga23/taira_sadamori.jpg

Some more hairstyles and facial hair. In alot of period art, you often see the Samurai or figure as having large lion-like sideburns or hair. for e.g
    battle1.jpg

Troop Animations, currently being worked on by Jacob.

For immersion sake. Banners that arent used by Lords already that the player can choose

For further immersion, add distant mountains in the terrain borders, as currently, as beatiful as they are already, do not look like Japan a there are no mountains in sight.

3.0 is so good from the ground up, those are the only ones I can think of at the moment really.

I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but I encountered following problem today:

I started as an Ashigaru and fought my way up until I was confident enough to be promoted to Ji-Samurai.
As I "looted" a horse earlier, I equipped it, but when a battle started, I was still on foot. Went to the chest, put the horse in my equipment again, but my character was still afoot.

Clone1710 said:
I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but I encountered following problem today:

I started as an Ashigaru and fought my way up until I was confident enough to be promoted to Ji-Samurai.
As I "looted" a horse earlier, I equipped it, but when a battle started, I was still on foot. Went to the chest, put the horse in my equipment again, but my character was still afoot.
If you are not assigned a cavalry role in freelancer then you cannot use horses.

speaking of banners.... does anyone remember the eagle an radiant cross mod and how when you joined a faction as a lord you where accompanied on the battlefield  by permanently fallowing bodyguards?  (that may or may not have replenished after each battle, i cant remember) do you suppose that could be made to work in a mod like this for providing  permanently fallowing banner carriers and possibly some sort of attendants for you and each lord?  it'd be an awesome aesthetic i'd think  :wink:

and maybe if it is possible to do that then... maybe even provide something similar for samurai troops in the form of spear/bow/gun ashigaru attendants depending on what type of samurai they are. personally i think it'd help offset that expensive 300 recruitment fee    and make them more relevant against the o so cheaper masses of ashigaru skirmishers and spearmen (if...spearmen will be getting tweaked to work better in the next update) that can do much of the same for less

I've heard that even the lowliest samurai would bring at least one servant into battle close by with him as support of some kind, though I'm not swearing by this hearsay <w<

Is it possible to change the musket animations so it actually shows you loading the gun and ramming in the bullet and all that instead of twiddling your thumbs, or is that an engine limitation?

Excuse me which file controls the reloading animation for the muskets? I'm tinkering with the game files and it would be a great help if I knew what did what  :smile:

Hello, I have slight problem with the mod......morale. For some reason the only thing that brings my morale down is the morale for enemy troops wtf?!?!

I have absouletly no prisoners or troops that belong to the enemy (Mori Clan). I only have Shimazu, Ryu, and Oto, troops which we conquered Ryu and Oto already.

I have -46 morale for mori troops........what the living hell. Anyway to fix this propostrous problem?

Some pictures of clothing

The interesting one is the sugegasa  :?:
K2F7teT.jpg
Duh, is the katana on the glasses guy slipped?
xDqKnWM.jpg
General's armor probably?
fSjHF6A.jpg
I liked it a lot  :mrgreen:
lOXkgPJ.jpg
This one is from the Edo Period i guess (I laughed at his sandals)
BYmbc7j.jpg

PS sorry for big images, again

Got a quest to destroy a bandit layer around Nagashino (I found it trying to find where all the bandits on my borderlands were coming from and went to find whatever lord would destroy it). The map is just a mess.

Bandits never spawn in the front tower (the one directly ahead) which defeats the purpose, instead they are super concentrated inside and will quickly kill you with their massed guns.
pbm2jov.jpg

Pathfinding for allies is pretty screwy, if I try giving them any orders that would involve them moving to the island with the castle they go into the river and stay there (enemies also seem to like going into the river latter on in this fight). They perform fine if I leave them on charge though.
BW3nMle.jpg

Also the water is fairly deep (native never gets that high in Warband. One of the quick battles in original had a moat that high, but nowhere else in the least version), especially with the new crouching ability. Minor problem though

wbrJ33N.jpg

Oh, some stuff I took screenshots of but never posted.

This castle layout is a deathtrap for the defenders thanks to the hill outside
MIPvm6q.jpg

The inventory here is underwater.
iaO6XoF.jpg

ThefightingLegion said:
Hello, I have slight problem with the mod......morale. For some reason the only thing that brings my morale down is the morale for enemy troops wtf?!?!

I have absouletly no prisoners or troops that belong to the enemy (Mori Clan). I only have Shimazu, Ryu, and Oto, troops which we conquered Ryu and Oto already.

I have -46 morale for mori troops........what the living hell. Anyway to fix this propostrous problem?

That's just extra information. It means that if you recruit Mori Clansmen their morale will go down by that much, everyone else is unaffected.

notalbanian said:
Is it possible to change the musket animations so it actually shows you loading the gun and ramming in the bullet and all that instead of twiddling your thumbs, or is that an engine limitation?

The reason I asked about the animation file is because I am working on changing the files around so that not only will the reloading animation be legit, but the teppo will have a more realistic sound to them.

jwagne51 said:
ThefightingLegion said:

That's just extra information. It means that if you recruit Mori Clansmen their morale will go down by that much, everyone else is unaffected.
If your statement is true why does my morale go down like rocks in water then, come back up like elevators? One time it said extra morale for Mori troops -44 which affected it even though I don't even have those troops

Current Party Morale 44

-177 men morale
+120 Leadership
+67 Food Variety
+50 Base Morale
-16 Recent Events Morale

Extra Morale for Mori troops (which I don't have any in my party) -14
Extra Morale for Shimazu troops 1

How does my morale get so low?

ThefightingLegion said:
jwagne51 said:
ThefightingLegion said:

If your statement is true why does my morale go down like rocks in water then, come back up like elevators? One time it said extra morale for Mori troops -44 which affected it even though I don't even have those troops

Current Party Morale 44

-177 men morale
+120 Leadership
+67 Food Variety
+50 Base Morale
-16 Recent Events Morale

How many men do you commanded? If it's too big then it's the problem

ThefightingLegion said:

I think if you rescue and recruit prisoners from an enemies force, it is considered their troops. I noticed this alot when playing Brytenwalda.

ThefightingLegion said:
jwagne51 said:
ThefightingLegion said:

Current Party Morale 44

-177 men morale
+120 Leadership
+67 Food Variety
+50 Base Morale
-16 Recent Events Morale

Like this:
-177+67+120+50-16=44
or
-177+67=-110
-110+120=10
10+50=60
60-16=44

Edit: So if you had Mori clan they would have 30 morale and Shimazu have 45.

Back
Top Bottom