Commander battles are fun has hell more people should try it out!

Users who are viewing this thread

50 men commander battle are propably going to lagg. I recommend 20 men battles with 15-20 bots per squad. Thats the highest ammount of bots that does not couse lagg and still is epic.

lord_olafson said:
50 men commander battle are propably going to lagg. I recommend 20 men battles with 15-20 bots per squad. Thats the highest ammount of bots that does not couse lagg and still is epic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRbmqv5_je0&feature=youtube_gdata
But true when you've more people on just put like 20 - 40 its good. On our server we do 35 and we didnt have problems yet. Its just somethimes some FPS lag but thats just my pc being old :sad:

lord_olafson said:
20 players with 20 bots per squad are epic endeed.
Smaller battles (4 vs. 4) with 50 bots per squad are also fun, but I prefer your recommendation.

We had like at one point 11 people on our server i think (out of 20 people)

I would be in more commander battles if it didn't make me almost instantly fast... still need to find a fix for that..

Commander battles are indeed fun to play. Especially when you are on TS and can organize tactics and stuff.

When I originally bought the game the sole purpose was to be in linebattles, but I love commander mode to spend some time with friends.
To me its like having your own linebattle with about 6 people :grin:

i should try it out -.- the only 2 times i tried, one was in european town, wich makes the bots retarded.and second time was a messy hill map and it was reaaaaal boring...

On the 24th server we had 15 v 15, 35 bots per team and the lag was non-existent. Most servers we've tested can handle AT MAX, 35 bots before lag even becomes NOTICEABLE. They usually show signs of stress at 40, and start producing agitating levels at around 45+ At 60+ the lag is making it so your character can't even be controlled, but the bots can.

At 80 or more, don't even try to swing your sword, but the bots are just.... oh my god.

Well sorry to say but at our server we can just run with 35 bots and 20 players. Without any serverside lag, its just somethimes some FPS lag.. ( But thats my pc while I've 5 fps my friend has 20-30. )

Mack. said:
Well sorry to say but at our server we can just run with 35 bots and 20 players. Without any serverside lag, its just somethimes some FPS lag.. ( But thats my pc while I've 5 fps my friend has 20-30. )

Check your server's CPU usage it's probably above 90% peaking to a 100%. I would suggested that you lower the ammount of bots to somewhere around 400.

700 bots on a single server isn't ideal for gameplay and performance.

It's a great mode. Alot of servers seem to have massive time limits though, which is boring when you die and encourages people to camp. I find a time limit of about 15 minutes is ideal.

Refleax said:
Mack. said:

Check your server's CPU usage it's probably above 90% peaking to a 100%. I would suggested that you lower the ammount of bots to somewhere around 400.

700 bots on a single server isn't ideal for gameplay and performance.

Yes but thats not usual trough, it was just for like 5 minuts for one. We normally have around 30 bots to just play commander battle..

Back
Top Bottom