Code of conduct?

Users who are viewing this thread

They definitely have internally criteria to ban people, but even though some basic rules should be obvious, it would be great to have them set and publicly displayed, so there can't be any confusion and discussion about getting banned.

Not that I know of, I've seen some really racist **** be spewed while devs are on the servers so what the policy is, I couldnt tell you. Hopefully it'll be set up soon.

I just witnessed a guy ranting about how America should commit genocide against black people. Taleworlds clearly has no standards when it comes to the chat. The way people talk there is horrific and they suffer no consequences for it. Quite frankly, it's one of the biggest things making me want to quit this game. It's also something I tell people about when I'm convincing them not to buy this trash.

I just witnessed a guy ranting about how America should commit genocide against black people. Taleworlds clearly has no standards when it comes to the chat. The way people talk there is horrific and they suffer no consequences for it. Quite frankly, it's one of the biggest things making me want to quit this game. It's also something I tell people about when I'm convincing them not to buy this trash.
I PM'd Callum with a screenshot of that guy and hopefully something happens

Are you talking about servers? You can just mute the person. Also, as soon as custom servers come out the racist people and all that will be banned anyways.

Also, do you think a code of conduct is going to stop the trolls from ranting nonsense? I doubt it.

If I can give all of you a recommendation, I suggest you to save your energy for more positive things in life instead of argueing with people that are toxic on a video game. I mean I am toxic too but usually in a funny way :smile: I just find that whatever you do, there will always be another 20.000 toxic guys in this game, so there is no point trying to change it now. Custom servers will do that :smile:
Just ban hammer and bye :smile:

Are you talking about servers? You can just mute the person. Also, as soon as custom servers come out the racist people and all that will be banned anyways.

Also, do you think a code of conduct is going to stop the trolls from ranting nonsense? I doubt it.

If I can give all of you a recommendation, I suggest you to save your energy for more positive things in life instead of argueing with people that are toxic on a video game. I mean I am toxic too but usually in a funny way :smile: I just find that whatever you do, there will always be another 20.000 toxic guys in this game, so there is no point trying to change it now. Custom servers will do that :smile:
This person we are talking about was tking people throughout the round along with the toxic chat

Yeah, obviously it isn't fun or productive to argue with them. However, it is quite irritating and disheartening to have to deal with this toxicity all the time. Not only that, hardly anyone knows how to mute in this game (this is TW's fault, terrible design) -- some people think the function doesn't exist. In any case, it shouldn't be incumbent on players to mute abuse, part of a healthy community is not tolerating that ****. This stuff is definitely hurting player count, and Taleworlds should get its **** together. Not everyone can (or wants to) shrug off being told that they deserve to be sexually assaulted or murdered, or that they're subhuman. And, crucially, that doesn't make them less deserving of a chance to enjoy this game.

Last edited:
Yeah, obviously it isn't fun or productive to argue with them. However, it is quite irritating and disheartening to have to deal with this toxicity all the time. Not only that, hardly anyone knows how to mute in this game (this is TW's fault, terrible design) -- some people think the function doesn't exist. In any case, it shouldn't be incumbent on players to mute abuse, part of a healthy community is not tolerating that ****. This stuff is definitely hurting player count, and Taleworlds should get it's **** together. Not everyone can (or wants to) shrug off being told that they deserve to be sexually assaulted or murdered, or that they're subhuman. And, crucially, that doesn't make them less deserving of a chance to enjoy this game.
+1
You can mute people?! How?
TaleWorlds in no way is supporting toxics, that is for sure tho. When I reported someone, they got banned apparently. Toxics should be reported to authorities too. A game does not give someone the right to abuse their rights and brake the law. Having an automatic system that recognizes toxics, manual ingame report system (soon, I heard, I am on the beta branch, don't know if it is there yet) and a votekick system should solve this

If the game is really fun but toxic, I'll deal with it.
If the game is really unfun but friendly, I'll probably keep playing
If the game is buggy, but fun and friendly, I'll love it.

Right now the game is pretty unfun, its toxic and its buggy. Which is why I barerly play it

Muting everyone whos toxic solves nothing. The toxicity is still there its just muted for temporarily. People acting like assholes just to get a reaction out of you is annoying and it legit does prevent people from enjoying the game. If there are 20 000 toxic players in a community then that community is not worth keeping alive. Why put any value on these idiots, theyre there to piss you off and not play. With enough toxicity, the friendlier players will leave, its happened in warband it'll happen again.
There are no custom servers, so the only impression these people have of the community is toxic and unwelcoming. Why stick around if they're just getting insulted?

We're basically the hardcore fans (though I hate that word) of the game. We'll probably keep playing regardless. How big is the hardcore fanbase of this game? And we have to cut that list massively because of Multiplayer, so lets say...5000 hardcore fans? And thats generous. We rely on the casual players to fill the game and keep the communities alive when they dont care if they play warband/bannerlord or not. I've heard "Sure the game is fun but meh community kinda sucks, I'll go play X instead" so many times over the years....

I'd rather play in a friendly community than one where every1 ****talks eachother constantly and try to be alpha. This isnt high school, grow the **** up.
And for the "lol snowflake" arguments try getting away with the crappy behavior irl and see how long it takes you to get your ass kicked. Theres tons of videos recently about people using "free speach" to be an arsehole and paying the consequence for it.
People want to enjoy their time off. If your enjoyment is to be an arsehole, you're just a crappy person tbh, why accept that.
PS: Not talking about you in particular, the discussions been going on for ages and I dont see it stopping anytime soon.

Also, do you think a code of conduct is going to stop the trolls from ranting nonsense?

No, but you can officially and rightfully say, that they acted against the rules, thus deserve a ban. At the moment you just have to hope, that its enough for TW to ban him.

Muting everyone whos toxic solves nothing.

Exactly, and it basically breeds a toxic community. When people aren't getting punished for such behavior, there will be exactly this:
I just find that whatever you do, there will always be another 20.000 toxic guys in this game
kind of attitude and you'd probably have to mute every second person.

But however, TW is going to implement an in-game reporting system anyways, so there is no reason to discuss this. I just want official rules to make things clearer.

You can mute people?! How?

Hold TAB, press the mouse wheel and then press on the player you want to mute.

@Greedalicious

I must say I totally understand your personal perspective on this matter. The fact is simply that many people in videogames are toxic and I would argue that this is not likely to change any day soon. The level of toxity also has a lot to do with the nature of the game though.

Look at a company like riot games (league of legends). They are going easy on people that are trolling big time by just not bothering about it too much. Quite frankly it is just a way of doing business because more players means more money. (people buy skins, keeps the game alive, etc.)

For Bannerlord, something has been said about skins as well. Furthermore, the more players, the better for the game. People are always complaining about there not being enough players for siege or waiting times being too long? And you think removing toxic people is going to help? I doubt it.

Another thing I'd like to point out is that the only reason Mount and Siege is still alive, is because admins are going very easy on the bans. People are being very sexistic, racism and everything bad you can think about can be found there.

Essentially, it seems to me that you want to protect or safeguard the quality of a game/server, but by doing so you might very well kill the very thing you care about so deeply.

@KSHMR , I don't see how tolerating those who actively harass others into quitting the game is good for sever population. Getting rid of one guy who makes eleven people want to quit doesn't kill Bannerlord, it helps it keep living. Would you suggest we keep hackers, tk'ers and game delayers to bolster server population? I'm guessing you wouldn't, because those guys' actions impede your enjoyment. If you could recognize that horrific abuse does the same for other people, then I think the logic of banning toxics makes sense. Also, to my understanding, Riot permabans people who are consistently abusive in chat. At least they did for a time, and honestly, good on them.

For the record, I say this as someone who loves banter in chat. However, there's a difference between making fun of someone's K/D and threatening to sexually assault them. I think we can have plenty of toxicity and crap flinging without tolerating hate speech and open abuse.

abloo abloo bloo, did you idiots ever play Warband multiplayer? It was always like this.
Example number one of someone who undoubtedly made someone quit the game in the past, maybe more. So who do we want to populate the servers? This guy or literally anyone else.
I ran some of the biggest servers in Native for a long time, we kept the servers running smoothly with standards of behavior and thats why we were number one. Our ban list was bigger than the active playerbase for Bannerlord Multiplayer and we stood by the bans we made.

Example number one of someone who undoubtedly made someone quit the game in the past, maybe more. So who do we want to populate the servers? This guy or literally anyone else.
I ran some of the biggest servers in Native for a long time, we kept the servers running smoothly with standards of behavior and thats why we were number one. Our ban list was bigger than the active playerbase for Bannerlord Multiplayer and we stood by the bans we made.

It baffles my mind, how some people can't even keep the most basic etiquette or even respect when interacting with others online.

Back
Top Bottom