CO-OP idea to make the multiplayer easier to make, basically almost there with r

How many people would like a co-op campaign option for the game or mod

• I would absolutely love one this is what the game is missing

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • Yes I would be interested in this

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Yes but who would i play with?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not bothered about it

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Hate the idea would not play it anyway

• I don't even like Mount and Blade why did i buy it

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

King_ZZ

Recruit
CO-OP idea to make the multiplayer easier to make... This is basically almost there with regards to some of the mods just using a part of this idea having multiplayer co-op battles but this idea would make the game fully co-op multiplayer enabled...

I really hoped this would be seen by the team creating bannerlord as I think this will be a unique way of creating a co-op campaign game.

If all players was in the same party and could not leave the party this would make the multiplayer co-op game a lot easier to make.
*EDITED to make it clearer* Only the leader would be able to control anything in the main campaign map, with a possible exception of looking at and editing your own settings like inventory and party if applicable and if available placing a pin in the map.  **

You would then all spawn together whenever you enter a city, town, village, place, bandit attack or battle etc. With an active coms channel so you can all talk about where your going, also be able to place a target pin on the map so can show the leader where you think the team should be going. LAN should be an option as well as creating a private server for a team of people that are using coop.

*Each person will be able to buy their own items for their character.
*The money would either be shared or have an equal portion shared out between the playing characters from looting and tasks.
*You would be able to swap/trade/donate items or money to each other.
*Be assigned a portion of the soldiers to look after or use whilst in battle.
*The hiring of soldiers cost could be spread out amongst the players treasury or each player would hire their own regiments soldiers, and again be able to swap, trade or donate soldiers to one another.
*Buying of shops and land should most probably be a cost that is shared and jointly owned, each player would put in a shared amount or be able to put in what they can or trade with each other to satisfy the other players.
*Having seen a mod that has the ability to build a wagon train I think all players should be able to use the wagon train, or have a joint trading venture where you all put money into products that will be traded and profits shared out when sold. (mods Bellum Imperii and Brytenwalda)
*Collection of items from a battle would be a joint pool so you can communicate with each other and each take what you need in real time, or you could put the rest in the wagon train you have built.
*on a mod RaW2 you can hire trained soldiers from villages and upgrade/retrain/equip them to the next level at forts (and cities I think), I like this idea but I think this could be an additional way of hiring while still being able to hire villagers and farmers, possibly hiring different soldiers at forts and towns/cities only and hiring villagers and farmers at the villages. (but in realistic terms you may find trained soldiers at villages after they have served they would return home to the city/town/village.

** I personally like the idea of each player having their own money and regiment for which they are responsible for feeding, upgrading and pre-battle formation setup and generally looking after. I have seen a mod with entertainment for soldiers, if this was the case then the entertainment could be global, or just global for the entertainment character tribute and having the option from buying a barrel of beer (or hiring a whore) for all soldiers or just your regiment.

Their should be more reasons to walk round a village or town as this would give a multiplayer coop game more activity than just management and battles. For example if you went into a town then characters could go off and go to each merchant they choose, speak to characters, hire people. Story and mission type conversations would come up between all players but the player who initiated the conversation would be the one to answer. When visiting a town or village and buying items without actually physically going through the town all players would have the same screen although it would be with their monies and on their inventory.

I think this option would be easier to make compared to splitting the group and having various player groups on the campaign map at any one time.

How many times are you planning on posting this :smile:? While I would like some kind of co-op in Bannerlord, spamming isn't the correct way to tell the devs. Especially as this is the wrong forum section and there are already numerous co-op threads to post in.

kraggrim said:
How many times are you planning on posting this :smile:? While I would like some kind of co-op in Bannerlord, spamming isn't the correct way to tell the devs. Especially as this is the wrong forum section and there are already numerous co-op threads to post in.

I posted this on another place and then I found this place to post it so I just edited and put a link in as I was unsure where it needed to be.

There is something here that someone was working on and if someone could take that information and make the idea I was discussing on here for warband or Napoleon that would be great. Also the link will show how much more complicated the multiplayer campaign is doing it that way rather than the way I have described. Many games have multiplayer co-op abilities so its not something that's that far out the way in terms of scope.
Nordinvasion and cRPG (amongst others) already use a similar type of multiplayer co-op to what I have described it just takes the idea further with all players being connected the whole way through. Although I have not tried either of those mods personally but that is how they read.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=285189

King_ZZ said:
There is something here that someone was working on and if someone could take that information and make the idea I was discussing on here for warband or Napoleon that would be great. Also the link will show how much more complicated the multiplayer campaign is doing it that way rather than the way I have described. Many games have multiplayer co-op abilities so its not something that's that far out the way in terms of scope.
Nordinvasion and cRPG (amongst others) already use a similar type of multiplayer co-op to what I have described it just takes the idea further with all players being connected the whole way through. Although I have not tried either of those mods personally but that is how they read.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=285189

If you take some time to read that thread through you will understand why a fully operational co-op campaign is impossible in Warband.

This dude has done an amazing programming job that by far exceeds modding with the module system and was still unable to make all the SP campaign features to work. It is impossible due to the game engine itself not being able to support this kind of thing.

Now moving on to Bannerlord, co-op campaign is a request that has been going on for years and I guess the Devs have it in mind already. But since Bannerlord comes with a brand new engine it is really up to the Devs to decide what they want their engine to support and what not. We could have co-op campaigns or chickens running around our screens for 30 mins before an error occurs.

Therefore:
1) Of course multiplayer campaigns is not a new thing so Talewords must have already heard about it.
2) In terms of community made stuff, it is absurd to make any comparisons between Bannerlord and Warband as the possibilites could be alot different.
3) This forum is about mod development and thus your post is at the wrong place.

Balgy said:
fully operational co-op campaign is impossible in Warband.

This dude has done an amazing programming job

Yes the amount of work that he has done is amazing I agree.

I did read it, he said it was not impossible, he stated to make it work the way he was trying to would take far too much work. It also goes on to say that it was the fact of having multiple servers running different battles. Or maybe I am mistaken.

The outlined idea could remove the fact that any player has any effect on the campaign map with only viewable privileges and only going on to the map (all together and at only one instance) when reaching areas.

Whilst it is possible my idea has been thought many more times than once, it is silly to assume that the people that have the time and ability to create it or have the potential to make it in Bannerlord have thought of my idea and possibly are opting for a more complicated and difficult way round. Better to share ideas then let them waste away without being verbalised (or even documented)

I had no idea where to place it I did search around.

Froi said:
Make it yourself if you want it, otherwise you wont be getting it.

I would if I could but I have too many open projects at the moment and another one due to be started that I am overdue on to even start and think about modding M&B.

It was only an idea placed on here as best I could so it may provide a spark to others to scale back the magnitude of the original co-op multiplayer campaign mod or so that it would give a possible new idea for the Bannerlord developers if they have not already thought of it.

Anyway I didn't want this thread to turn argumentative as many threads do. Its just an idea for others.

Back
Top Bottom