Cloudy Years - Devercia's RPG, Signup/planning

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Devercia said:
When it starts there will be a public character(Arildrac.)Feel free to take his turns. For the start at least, there will only be him and Alan(Sushiman.) The playability of the NPCs depends on how the story goes. Not even I know. I do have several avenues and events in mind, but the randomness of the....random element, plus the decisions of the players could take it anywhere. After the first few turns, Ill try to work in any other players/characters. Luckily by then, the feel for the game will become apparent, and people will be able to judge whether or not they want to play it.

Alright, well he's your character so you guys work away for the moment. If there's an opening later let me know and I might jump in then.

Devercia said:
Redundant inventory items are scratched out. This is because they fit into multiple categories.

IE, The arrows are filed under the quiver as being in it, and as tools/weapons. One of the entries is crossed out to show it is not an additional item.

Waiting on you Sushi.

I know your character is alone at this point, but internal dialog could really flesh out the character. This is still the prelude to events, so if your feeling lost, just wait. More plot will be injected later. If no one plays Arildrac, we can skip his turns.

Also, you don't need to RP your actions(IE "Arildrac slowly crept up to the bear"), You can state your intentions in parenthesis (Sneak up on the bear)

This first turn has displayed the confusion and lack of information that I knew would pop up. Essentially, I think there is an ambiguity in the play mechanic. Here is my expectation, feel free to critique.

What the player does:
*RPs conversations and inner dialog and simple actions (like emotes)
*submits actions (sneak, fish, attack, Use birch bark and shrew claw clippings to construct diminutive perpetual motion apparatus, etc.)

What the GM does:
*RPs NPCs, and action results
*Describes Moods and Musings, dependent on the players own RP
*Moderates events.

I'll join this altho it will be my first time.
so here's my character.
name:Andros
short term condition: healthy and rested
long ter condition:none
height:tall for his age and average bone mass
personality: values life, Helpful, freindly,protective of freinds and family, highly courious,highly cautios, rebelious to authority,shy,sloppy,sometimes lazy, respects others hard work,easily angered,detests alchohol,logical,and can read between the lines of peoples words,\

skill affinities
hunter: enjoys playing at archery and tracking
strong backed: gathering wood helps him withstand heavier weights
cow tender: knows how to handle livestock. (milk them raise them usualy live stock stuff)

possesions:

weapons and tools:
target bow made from ash,25 pund draw(medium quality)
20 flint head arrows(high quality)
flint celt:a large flint knife(low quality)
small wooden hatchet with flint blade .(I wanted my character to have more then one job and gethering firewood would make sense. I don't mean chopping down a tree. i mean using a hatchet to cut down branches and things like that.)

clothes:

ragged blood and sweat stained undershirt(low quality)
Jerken made out of wool(low quality)
lioncloth wrapped around croch(low quality)
old linen pants(low quality)
felt putees: knee high foot/ankle wrappings
sandals:hemped soled thongs
small woolen blanket:tied sashed from shoulder to hips

equipment/supplies

leather belt
--2 belt puches .5 litter each
--.5l cattle feed:year old cereals
--kindlen:dried lichen
--2 flints
--3 straps of dried mutton
--2 waterskins .5 liter each
--1 litter of water
--bag.2 L
-- 3l of salt
small woolen blanket: stashed around shoulder

I gave my character some knew skills that i imagine a child in such a village would have.also I wouldn't really want to be fawn. I just have this strange feeling like if i choose him he'll be diffrent then the carachter i intended.I also made the changes but wat does.

L stand for and what is a kindlen. :oops:                  also i can't beleive you didn't notice kartridge sounds like cartridge

Yes, we have started, but it was just one turn, and they are asynchronous so it doesn't matter much. The link on the first post shows the RP thread.

I'll try to work you in. However I do have some well-intentioned criticism for your character. If you insist on keeping any of these things, just say so and I will probably allow it. First, I'm glad you chose someone young. Your character could be:
Mchild1.jpg

Age ~15
Son of Jahim, hunter, tanner and freeman. Curious and always trying to 'be a man.'

It would make it easier on me to work you in. It would also mean your Sushiman's character's bother. However, I don't want this to be to hunter heavy if you know what I mean. If your open to the thought, there are plenty of other occupations for the rural freeman.

As is, I would make these modifications for balance format, and my own choice of words:

cameron112497 said:
name:Kartridge Please change this to something more believable, it sounds like a euphemism for genitalia  :wink:
short term condition: healthy and rested
long term condition:
height:tall for his age and average bone mass
personality: Values life, helpful, friendly, protective of friends and family, highly curious, highly cautious, rebellious to authority,shy,sloppy,sometimes lazy, respects others hard work, easily angered, detests alcohol, logical,and can read between the lines of peoples words.

skill affinities:
hunter: very good with a bow and good a tracking Enjoys playing at archery and tracking.(a 13yo is unlikely to have much practical experience.)
observant:looking for herbs has left him very observant of his enviroment
herbsman: has knowledge of diffrent herbs
One way to work you in is to have a mentorship with Howl Bean, this would mean you would take on some of his skills(most notably, a certain degree of literacy) and remove these. You don't have much of a father figure so its plausible to attach you to one of the men in the village. If you want to be a Fawn, let me know, because that will make Jahim a drunk.
strong willed:a drunken father has left him strong willed against physical and verbal abuse. This is inherent to your personality

possesions:

weapons and tools:
Hunting target bow made from ash, 25 pound draw(medium quality)  Hunting bows run at minimum 45 pounds draw, which would be difficult for a 13 year old. Target bows are little more than toys, but can still be lethal.
20 flint head arrows(high quality)
Hunting knive made of iron(low quality)
flint celt: A large flint knife

clothes:

Undershirt: ragged blood and sweat stained (low quality)
Wool Jerkin (low quality)
Lioncloth (low quality)
Linen pants: old(low quality)
Felt Puttees: knee high foot/ankle wrappings
Sandals: hempen soled thongs
Small Woolen Blanket: tied sashed from shoulder to hips

equipment/supplies

leather belt
- 2 belt pouches  .5 liter each
- - .5L cattle feed: year old cereals
- - kindling: dried lichen
- - 2 flints
- - 3 strips of dried mutton
- 2 waterskins: .5 liter each
- - 1 liters of water
- Bag: .3L
- - 3L of Salt
small woolen blanket: Sashed around shoulder

I gave my character some knew skills that i imagine a child in such a village would have.also I wouldn't really want to be fawn. I just have this strange feeling like if i choose him he'll be diffrent then the carachter i intended.I also made the changes but wat does.

L stand for and what is a kindlen. :oops:                  also i can't beleive you didn't notice kartridge sounds like cartridge

cameron112497 said:

L=liters

Kindlen is a typo, that's kindling, easily burnable material.

Cartridge is similar to package, which is a euphemism.  :cool:

Your not really choosing him, but taking his place. If you want in a different family, let me know. Being a foundling is a bit cliched.

More than one job is great, this a small rural community, which means individuals spread their talents instead of specializing in one.

How old are you? you personally, not your character.

well I kinda don;t like to talk about it because i think people will treat me like poo ,but i'm 12 however I'm not your average 12 year old. and when you say replace you mean my charachter will take the place od that fawn kid.

Alright Sushi, its been almost a month.

There is no real need to RP your actions, only give them out. RP your characters musings and motivations. I have been sending those out, but I'd rather that be the players way of defining their character. I think this is the most fluid way to have it work.

Example:

(Go Hunting) " I hope I can catch some waterfowl for the feast. Father will surely be proud if I do."

Even something that short and simple will give me something to go on.

Well, since this isn't going anywhere, I thinking about abandoning it for a NES, perhaps even a continuation of HorseNES. That would probably be more popular.

Edit: Shutting down TCY, started up DevNES in the Fun Stuff forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom