In Progress [1.2.1] Wanderers / Companions are not counted as being in your party if you recall them after being defeated in battle

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary: Assigning party roles is broken because the game doesn't recognise the wanderers in your party.
How to Reproduce: Get defeated in this beta patch (Beta 1.2.1) and have your wanderers get taken prisoner. Use the 'recall' option once they are free from the clan menu.
Have you used cheats and if so which: No
Scene Name (if related): N/A
Media (Screenshots & Video):

I assigned scout role via conversation to get around the problem:
HMSrE7Y.png

But then it shows this glitched out party role:
c6V7fOA.png

You can also see in the above image that the selection is limited despite having many wanderers in my party:
il7aOcx.png

Governor selection is limited too:
Aqz5dLO.png

Computer Specs:
GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080
GPU Driver Version: 536.40 (29/06/2023)
CPU: Intel Core i7-12700F s1700
RAM: Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz C16
Motherboard: MSI B660 Tomahawk
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD 1TB

This was present before the 1.2.1 hotfix as well, the only way to get them to serve in party roles is through dialogue and you cant use them for governors ever again.

This was present before the 1.2.1 hotfix as well, the only way to get them to serve in party roles is through dialogue and you cant use them for governors ever again.
Yes you can. If you go to the town they stay in (after beeing freed) and get the notice popup that the member is in that feif. Or you can just leave the member in the feif. Leave the feif and enter again.

I found a temporary solution: Order your companions to create a party and the immediately disband it. They will sit in a town for many days as 'disbanding' and then finally you will get a message that they are in town ready to collect. Use the 'take to party' command from the town menu.

I don't remember it taking that long to disband a party but I haven't played in a long time, but this allows you to select them again in the assignment screens for party roles or governor roles.

This is still an issue in 1.2.2.
Yes you can. If you go to the town they stay in (after beeing freed) and get the notice popup that the member is in that feif. Or you can just leave the member in the feif. Leave the feif and enter again.
Seems like this is the easiest way to fix it.

Once a wanderer rejoins your party, drop them off at the tavern, leave, return, and now the issue is fixed after getting the 'X is in town' message.

Highly consistent error that happens every time, should be easy to reproduce.

Back
Top Bottom