Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.5.9.270154
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Yes, but I removed mods.
Summary:

When you own your own kingdom, your clans do not raid during wars. Enemies raid all your border villages but your own parties do not reciprocate.

I inherited Vlandia and currently have 11 vassals and 1 mercenary. After many many wars I recognized that my "Successful Raids" on the diplomacy page ALWAYS says zero (0) while the enemy is almost always many. I have tried talking to my vassals thinking perhaps I can give them a mission or something but there does not appear to be any mechanism to tell the AI Vassals to raid.

This is a huge disadvantage because the enemy has a steady resupply of recruits while mine are interrupted and it also affects the war score.

How to Reproduce:
Have you used cheats and if so which:
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU:
GPU Driver Version:
CPU:
RAM:
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD):

*Cough cough* as a ruler you can set this though.
In the kingdome menu there is a setting to let you choose "balanced" "defensive" or "agressive" or something along those lines, you can set your clan-parties to similar styles.

I'm guessing if you inherited it from Derthert he prolly have it on "defensive" due to his "cautious nature" if its set according to his index-entry.

So try to check if you have it on defense, and flip it over to whatever you want it to be.

When I was king in my play I had it set to the balanced one, and my faction was raiding all the time when not in armies.

*Cough cough* as a ruler you can set this though.
In the kingdome menu there is a setting to let you choose "balanced" "defensive" or "agressive" or something along those lines, you can set your clan-parties to similar styles.

I'm guessing if you inherited it from Derthert he prolly have it on "defensive" due to his "cautious nature" if its set according to his index-entry.

So try to check if you have it on defense, and flip it over to whatever you want it to be.

When I was king in my play I had it set to the balanced one, and my faction was raiding all the time when not in armies.
I have no such setting for kingdom, armies nor clan parties.

The only thing I can do is set the role of the person in the party. The only other button is disband.

There is nothing whatsoever similar to what you describe under Kingdom. Only claims, fiefs, policies, armies and diplomacy and nothing under any of those remotely similar to what you describe.

I have no such setting for kingdom, armies nor clan parties.

The only thing I can do is set the role of the person in the party. The only other button is disband.

There is nothing whatsoever similar to what you describe under Kingdom. Only claims, fiefs, policies, armies and diplomacy and nothing under any of those remotely similar to what you describe.
Sorry could be my bad, I misread the verison. the current beta atleast have the features I described, I think for party it was added.
Most likely for king aswell.

I dont have a play in that version you are playing on as King so I cant see if the UI is the same or not.

But again, is "all" the clans-parties in the Kingdome in say armies? if so there is no loose ones to raid.

Typically when I've been king I've seen that if I try to form an army or bolster the one I'm leading(typically the 3 from my own clan + the one I lead) there is 0 to be added, as all is already in the 2-4 armies doing sieges etc.

Overall I do agree that it looks like the AI though from my experience in your kingdome tends to raid less, and form big armies instead to go siege.
While the other factions tend to raid more, and do less sieges.

I'll suggest you upload a file already if you havent, as Marda is sure to ask you for it so they can replicate.

Its kind of funny that the enemy lords apparently don't talk to each other about anything. Current 'season' of war: Sturgians declare war, most of our kingdom (Vlandians, I am not yet ruler) are still finishing up a war in Aserai, but I have Uthelaim Castle, so I know my territory is going to be prime raiding territory. I defeated probably 15-20 of their lords raiding Uthelaim & Seordas to the point that I think they were running out of lords to send at me...so the Battanians declared war. They are down to just 4 towns & no castles now since most of what we have taken is their territory. So I get a steady stream of their parties raiding (attempting) my towns. I've probably taken another 10 or so of their lords.

I've probably gotten close to 100 thousand just from selling their lords back to them. The one time I had a chance to go to my closest town, Lageta, I got about 60k from selling loot & only sold about 1/2 my loot (since it ran out of money). I earned, I think, 20-30k in high level prisoners & still have about 500 normal type prisoners in Uthelheim to ransom. Basically, my point is I'm getting rich, but....

Don't they eventually warn each other that maybe they should try a different target? Even with all the raid attempts they have yet to fully raid either village.

In case you are wondering, while I'm doing this the other lords in my kingdom sort of split their time between defending raids on Flintolg Castle & attempting to besiege Varcheg (once that I know of). I think when they made that siege attempt they either ran out of food or eventually ran away after sitting there a long time. Despite the enemy not having a lot of troops, or possibly having mostly recruit level troops, thanks to my constantly capturing them, my kingdom has made no serious attempt to take anything from either faction. I think the AI said we are about 75% bigger than we are supposed to be, so actually taking anything (without me doing it) is a big now-no.

Hmmmm...well, both of Uthelaim's villages have finally been raided. Took an interest in preventing sieges on castles close by since my allies weren't doing anything useful. Made another trip to Lageta. But still have over 900 prisoners in Uthelaim including 15 lords/ladies. This despite constantly agreeing to ransom them. So far I think I've made about 250k this war, but if this ends & I get the chance to travel the world selling stuff I'll probably make about 300-500k more. When I went to Lageta last time I sold about 20k worth of boots & still had about 1/2 the boots left. Would guess I've got about 5k weight of loot to sell.

Its kind of funny that the enemy lords apparently don't talk to each other about anything. Current 'season' of war: Sturgians declare war, most of our kingdom (Vlandians, I am not yet ruler) are still finishing up a war in Aserai, but I have Uthelaim Castle, so I know my territory is going to be prime raiding territory. I defeated probably 15-20 of their lords raiding Uthelaim & Seordas to the point that I think they were running out of lords to send at me...so the Battanians declared war. They are down to just 4 towns & no castles now since most of what we have taken is their territory. So I get a steady stream of their parties raiding (attempting) my towns. I've probably taken another 10 or so of their lords.

I've probably gotten close to 100 thousand just from selling their lords back to them. The one time I had a chance to go to my closest town, Lageta, I got about 60k from selling loot & only sold about 1/2 my loot (since it ran out of money). I earned, I think, 20-30k in high level prisoners & still have about 500 normal type prisoners in Uthelheim to ransom. Basically, my point is I'm getting rich, but....

Don't they eventually warn each other that maybe they should try a different target? Even with all the raid attempts they have yet to fully raid either village.

In case you are wondering, while I'm doing this the other lords in my kingdom sort of split their time between defending raids on Flintolg Castle & attempting to besiege Varcheg (once that I know of). I think when they made that siege attempt they either ran out of food or eventually ran away after sitting there a long time. Despite the enemy not having a lot of troops, or possibly having mostly recruit level troops, thanks to my constantly capturing them, my kingdom has made no serious attempt to take anything from either faction. I think the AI said we are about 75% bigger than we are supposed to be, so actually taking anything (without me doing it) is a big now-no.

Tbh this is one of the things that I hate with a passion. that the AI is so bad in this regard.

Those lords should have not been so focused on raiding, but instead formed and army.
And army of 10 lords should field about 1k-1500 atleast troops to besiege your castle instead.
Not to mention if there is 20 of them that had bulked up to form an army.

I think part of this issue is that "raiding" is too lucreative for AI lords, and thus the poor ones will do it all the time.
And instead end up getting poorer - cause they need to pay the ransom etc.

Imo(read when I'll start playing with mods or mod it myself) I'll set up some rules that if a kingdome have too many lords imprisoned like that they'll be forced to a peace with heavy tribute(as it typically was done in rl, atleast if the prisoner was a king).

This mechanics of the constant raiding though when the kingdomes is "weaker" isnt ideal to put it that way, gets boring repetitve and kind of locks player of a certain mindset(mine) into safeguarding my lands more than desired.

Hey, i would like to inform you that our team have fixed this issue and the fix should be implemented. Please let us know if you encounter any other issues.

Back
Top Bottom