Clan vanished from my kingdom like nothing

Users who are viewing this thread

talior3

Recruit
So I approached a party with -98 relationship, succeed throughout the checks and convinced them to join.

For some reason they didn't ask for any coin, but they agreed. I got their 5 fiefs with them.
Helped them out in a few battles all of which have been won.

And now suddenly, not even a message shows up and 5 fiefs are gone along with the entire clan, belonging to its former faction.

W, T, F WTFFFFFFFFFFF

This is a small faction type of family.
Of course, noble type families may leave suddenly without a word.
The former is normal, the latter because of ea. The mercenary family never left my kingdom in my game.

They defected with their holdings?

Playing as the King of the independent Empire of Cal..whatever..., I have never had a clan defect and join with their existing holdings. The other Empires instantly assign the settlements to other member clans. I never joined another Empire as a vassal, and I retained the banner. Not sure if those facts impact the circumstances.

That would be a really neat way to conquer another Empire (or be conquered). Subterfuge.

Its ok they leave when you have bad rep with them. Yesterday a clan left my kingdom joining the loosing site during war just after i gave them a city and 2 castles. My reputation with them was 60+. Wtf? This should not happen

I have never had a clan join with their existing holdings.

You have to be at war with the clan you're persuading's faction, they will then take their holdings with them. Between a high Charm and a deep Pocketbook you can wage some pretty serious cold war.

Persuading an Army leader to defect will instantly cause the other members of said army to attack their former leader, which can give you some pretty serious Tywin Lannister feels. Haven't found a way to try and persuade the whole army stack (unfortunately).

You have to be at war with the clan you're persuading's faction, they will then take their holdings with them. Between a high Charm and a deep Pocketbook you can wage some pretty serious cold war.

Thanks for the tip.

So build up reputation with subordinate clans in a war target beforehand; declare war on the target's lead clan; and then recruit their vassals.

Last edited:
Yeah sometimes they leave, which of course should be possible. Wouldn't be fair if the game only allows them to leave a faction to join you.

possible, sure. Happening about a day after they join for no reason, hell no. There should be some checks against that. Relationship should have to drop or there should be a cooldown.

Or how about this. If a Lord turns on you for no reason, you have justification to execute them. Execution should be something you can do without penalties, or with reduced penalties if criteria are met, and treachery should count be justification alone. Kind of like how Casus Belli works in Civ games.

Back
Top Bottom