Clan lvl 4, too weak to grow

Users who are viewing this thread

Tommy121

Recruit
Pushed hard to get to clan level 4 to form independent kingdom. Even did the quest, but I think i messed that up caus I created the kingdom before completing the dialogue.

so valandia had castle in the middle of nowhere, which I took. Declared peace before they came to stomp me but now I’m a bit stuck in terms of expansion. West empire destroyed and all others are fairly strong, if declare on any of them I will get crushed. My army about 150, with parties added, about 300. Any suggestions on how to get fiefs (non trade grind route) from this point?

Maybe it’s easier to be a part of a kingdom instead when doing the quest, instead of being independent

Your army or your party is 150? 150 is enough to cause a lot of damage if you have high level troops. Khuzait Heavy Horse Archers can rack up a lot of kills. If you look at the video below my 28 heavy horse archers killed 81 enemies. You can see the score around 3:30 and pause to look.

This is 232 empire versus 116 Khuzait. All you need to make use of horse archers is have 30% of your party be fodder. Either other cavalry or archers. Just enough to distract so that your horse archers can fill the enemy with arrows.

Video below if you want to see.

Khuzait Heavy Horse Archers can rack up a lot of kills
Beat me to it.
You can go more bananas and have you distraction just be even more HA! Split them into a second formation and charge them as enemy gets close for a sudden two direction fire squad, then charge the rest after the 1st batch is behind the enemy. It's like on animal shows where the dolphins are eating the giant ball of fish!

Aside from that take it slow now that you have peace and make sure your food upgrades are finished in your castle and make use of the garrison to train better and more troops (HA!). Beat up on some minor factions if you need more cash or exp for troops before you attack a real faction again.

Beat me to it.
You can go more bananas and have you distraction just be even more HA! Split them into a second formation and charge them as enemy gets close for a sudden two direction fire squad, then charge the rest after the 1st batch is behind the enemy. It's like on animal shows where the dolphins are eating the giant ball of fish!

Aside from that take it slow now that you have peace and make sure your food upgrades are finished in your castle and make use of the garrison to train better and more troops (HA!). Beat up on some minor factions if you need more cash or exp for troops before you attack a real faction again.

The quest is weird. It says I have to be an independent clan but also Must own a fief. When I withdraw my services from a kingdom, they then claim the fiefs I had!

The quest is weird. It says I have to be an independent clan but also Must own a fief. When I withdraw my services from a kingdom, they then claim the fiefs I had!
The quest is weird and I'd suggest ignoring it and just using the 'make kingdom button' when you're ready. As for your fiefs, you can keep them by pressing the 'leave kingdom' button, but you will be at war with the faction. The button will be dulled out if you have parties in and army with you, so disband the army to get access to the button again.

I fully suggest just staying a single Clan and not a Kingdom, until much later, because in this form you can attack factions and then pay for peace and they can't declare war on you (until you're a kingdom). This allows for you to really experiment with how much you can get away with and even snatch up fiefs, then "oh lets make peace". It's sneaky but it gets the job done. Downside is no armies, but it's okay IMO. And of course no vassals, but they're hard/annoying to get anyways. And no policies to give you party size buffs..... well I guess it's still worth it to be immune to attacks.

The quest is weird and I'd suggest ignoring it and just using the 'make kingdom button' when you're ready. As for your fiefs, you can keep them by pressing the 'leave kingdom' button, but you will be at war with the faction. The button will be dulled out if you have parties in and army with you, so disband the army to get access to the button again.

I fully suggest just staying a single Clan and not a Kingdom, until much later, because in this form you can attack factions and then pay for peace and they can't declare war on you (until you're a kingdom). This allows for you to really experiment with how much you can get away with and even snatch up fiefs, then "oh lets make peace". It's sneaky but it gets the job done. Downside is no armies, but it's okay IMO. And of course no vassals, but they're hard/annoying to get anyways. And no policies to give you party size buffs..... well I guess it's still worth it to be immune to attacks.
Noticed requesting peace costs 100 influence!! And when it’s sub zero you can’t summon your parties to your army

Noticed requesting peace costs 100 influence!! And when it’s sub zero you can’t summon your parties to your army
No, you can also talk to an enemy lord and say you want to make peace and it brings up a barder screen where you pay them some money.
Unless I'm mistaken and you can't do that as a kingdom..... another reason to not be a kingdom and just be a lone punk clan.

Back
Top Bottom