Version number
v1.0.3.9055
Platform
Xbox Series S
Game mode
Sandbox
Graphics mode
Fidelity
Summary: I am on day 7612. So I have been through the process of having children for my clan many times. Mostly just changing the virile perk. I have about 63 clan member, family.

I have been trying to create a family to replace soldiers my army lacks, sturgian. The wives are archers on horse back/foot so that I have archers that can see over my troops. I use the males for captains, and party leaders, foot soldiers that I can customize. Daughters for caravans that train them to become governors.

I am no longer getting birth though. I have a good amount that are ready to die, around that age. To test this, I sat in a settlement for a whole year, waiting. No births. Just deaths. Every other faction is having children, as I see it in the feed. And I know its been going on longer since I started noticing the lack of children. The most recent ones went all the way to 18 with nothing happening with the gen prior.

I guess I could just start over, but honestly, it ruins the playthrough for me. Ive spent a lot time leveling, collecting armor, and everything to just build my army and play my own style. I just feel so limited with out mods. I wish I could customize my own noble lines, itd solve this.

Can anyone confirm there is a limit? It seems there somewhat is. I wouldnt mind if they died off and then I could get children again, but this doesnt seem to be the situation. Its making me hesitate to even play the game anymore. I really love this game. But if everyone is just going to die off, and I cant keep things going, it just feels pointless building everything. I dont care about conquering the whole map. Just the lands I want. And protecting that. I was working on smithing my own weapons now, but yeah. Even started to look into bandits and minor factions to add. Minor factions are just too hard to add, could of replaced wildings with lake rats, and so on. I guess I will have to stop playing till the game is completed....

Last edited:
Your spouse should be younger than 45 years. How old is she? There is no hard limit on birth numbers.
I have many under 45. Maybe about 6 or 7 right now. They are under 35. I have read on reddit that a few people believe they have ran into this issue with high clan numbers. Seems between 40 to 60ish clan members. Thank you for the reply.

After replying, I did another sit through for a year. No luck. I never had any issues before. I had as many as 5 kids with some. Def feel there is a bug or something. Let me know what else I can do to help. The longest marriage that hasnt gotten preg, is from 1161. I am in year 1175. Shes 34.

I messaged you the reddit link for the same claim, not sure if helps but maybe more proof.

Last edited:
Every child born is decreasing the chance for another child for parents. Are there any married NPC's that does not have any child?
The 7 young spouses/wives i mentioned before have no children at all. The oldest marriage i have out of the 7 is about 14 years. This wife is the oldest of the 7 at age 34. Only 2 wives out of the 7, are now in two year old marriages since i sat in the town for those two years. While sitting in the town for 2 years none of the 7 have gave birth. I used the "wait for some time" feature while doing this. So i guess you could say it has been 14 years since any one has had children.

Early game, i would get children quick. Weirdly i dont think i got less than 3. I'd change the wives and husbands all to virile perk (idk if spelled right.) At times some wives had up to 5 children. I have about 63 family members. My clan was a baby making machine. Then it just stopped happening completely. Wives with no children are not giving birth.

The only NPCs im seeing give birth now are just others clans in the feed.

I was making children as my routine to make sure each role i provided them with would always be filled. I usually didnt bother with trying to have children after the wife was 35, as i thought that was the cut off age.

I have sat at my town many times. Especially when i would smelt weapons, wait for more bandit hideouts to appear, or wait for some one to arrive to my party. So any of those times waiting should have triggered a baby. I am pretty positive it has came to a halt.

My only proof is that i sat in a town for 2 years straight and no babies from those 7 wives. Which i found odd. It caught my attention because my routine seemed to no longer work.

I figured maybe a recent update may have messed up my game or added a bug. But during my research, i found other gamers claiming that once they had 40 to 60 clan members, they noticed they were not getting births anymore (on a reddit thread). I assume they just started over, or just moved on as it has not been brought up in this forum.

I can provide names, ages, and how long the wives have been married that have no children if that helps anything.

It might not just be big clans, I’ve got a new small clan and so far no kids, my brother just got married and both he and wife have +30% perk, they were in my party together for a year or so and no kids so I‘m going to leave them in the same town and see if it continues.

It worked leaving them in town after only a few days, not sure why it didn’t trigger on the road for over a year but it does seem like the frequency has changed.

Nothing has changed the code wise but it is probably related to the NPC ages and the number of children they have. I've been informed that this is working as intended.

It might not just be big clans, I’ve got a new small clan and so far no kids, my brother just got married and both he and wife have +30% perk, they were in my party together for a year or so and no kids so I‘m going to leave them in the same town and see if it continues.
It may have changed but I was told the virile perk doesn't stack.

I have read that the entire clan has a general limit around 60 but have not been confirmed. I'm in the third generation with 52 and have had 3 couples all marry at 18. Both spouses 18. They managed to get to 32 sitting in cities doing nothing but trying to have more kids got zero till my king died then almost instantly got 1 more pregnancy, my hopes went up but a few years later still stuck at 52. Over 100 hours on a playthrough in the hopes of making a fully customizable army only to get stuck at 52 has totally killed the game for me.
Anyone make it to anything higher or have news to give me hope? I play on xbox.

I have read that the entire clan has a general limit around 60 but have not been confirmed. I'm in the third generation with 52 and have had 3 couples all marry at 18. Both spouses 18. They managed to get to 32 sitting in cities doing nothing but trying to have more kids got zero till my king died then almost instantly got 1 more pregnancy, my hopes went up but a few years later still stuck at 52. Over 100 hours on a playthrough in the hopes of making a fully customizable army only to get stuck at 52 has totally killed the game for me.
Anyone make it to anything higher or have news to give me hope? I play on xbox.
Seems my issue was the same as yours. I believe the around 60 max clan numbers is true even tho not confirmed, it makes the most sense for this situation. I have not let my king die yet to get the same results, but since you mentioned a birth came later after he died, makes sense also. I also tried creating a large family to try and create a custom army too. This situation has killed and taken the fun out of the game for me also.

I think that once you become a ruler, you should be able to alter or create your own troops. It would make us chill out on trying to grow large families to fill that role. Also be something worth putting hours into the game to become a ruler with more control on what you can do...

Summary: I am on day 7612. So I have been through the process of having children for my clan many times. Mostly just changing the virile perk. I have about 63 clan member, family.

I have been trying to create a family to replace soldiers my army lacks, sturgian. The wives are archers on horse back/foot so that I have archers that can see over my troops. I use the males for captains, and party leaders, foot soldiers that I can customize. Daughters for caravans that train them to become governors.

I am no longer getting birth though. I have a good amount that are ready to die, around that age. To test this, I sat in a settlement for a whole year, waiting. No births. Just deaths. Every other faction is having children, as I see it in the feed. And I know its been going on longer since I started noticing the lack of children. The most recent ones went all the way to 18 with nothing happening with the gen prior.

I guess I could just start over, but honestly, it ruins the playthrough for me. Ive spent a lot time leveling, collecting armor, and everything to just build my army and play my own style. I just feel so limited with out mods. I wish I could customize my own noble lines, itd solve this.

Can anyone confirm there is a limit? It seems there somewhat is. I wouldnt mind if they died off and then I could get children again, but this doesnt seem to be the situation. Its making me hesitate to even play the game anymore. I really love this game. But if everyone is just going to die off, and I cant keep things going, it just feels pointless building everything. I dont care about conquering the whole map. Just the lands I want. And protecting that. I was working on smithing my own weapons now, but yeah. Even started to look into bandits and minor factions to add. Minor factions are just too hard to add, could of replaced wildings with lake rats, and so on. I guess I will have to stop playing till the game is completed....
im on the year 1205, even the A.I clans have stopped making babies... quite unfortunate because i played all this time and wanted to go far as possible , i didnt even get to conquer much. half my clan members are dead through age, ive got 14 members left and there are 5 18 year olds i started with that are not producing at all for 10 in game years now

Last edited:
I'm in this same boat too, and its very frustrating. I recently created a save and retired everyone except two married characters, both age 19. Waited in town for a very long time with no pregnancy. Taleworlds, if possible please seriously consider fixing this in a future patch. I understand clan members limits, but clans inevitably unable to reproduce ruins all dynasty themed playthroughs. Role playing this game is where its at.

There's definitely a lock on total number for a clan. My Clan has completely stopped having births at around 60. Truly unfortunate that they don't at least give an option for PC players with high end PCs to continue having children. Maybe a mod will fix it like they do with other unfortunate portions of the game.

I’m experiencing the same thing on Xbox. My clan was producing around 5 to 7 children for each clan wife. It completely stopped around year 1127 with 58 clan members.

Another note, my clan is Sturgian with around 90% Sturgian members. But most of the children start with Brittanian names and clothing.

Do you have any pictures? Their culture is still sturgian but they wear battanian clothes? I'm vlandain with an empire wife but have two babies who are of vlandian culture named Sein and another Fercreid before i renamed them.

Nothing has changed the code wise but it is probably related to the NPC ages and the number of children they have. I've been informed that this is working as intended.
This is still ongoing issue. Im playing it with ps5 latest version. My clan has about 55 or 56 members. NPCs’ age around 25 yrs old don’t make babies. No matter how long i put them together in the same place. Make npcs die quickly around age 55 so they can produce their children more faster. PC version npcs produce babies so much. I even have over 100s in my clan in pc.

Last edited:
So I managed to bypass the issue of having children when the clan was at about 45 to 60 members by using a mod that increased my chances of pregnancy by 2000% so even after the max clan member number I can still generate kids, but found that the entire game started to lag and become unresponsive, its like the slots of passed away npcs still remain on the database piling up as if they were active functioning npcs . Seems like the dead carry weight:shock:

Back
Top Bottom