Claimant questions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey so I apologize my google-fu can be rather weak but I did to attempt to search it.

There are claimants in this mod, right? I've seen mention of them but can't find the exact info.

So are there claimants, and if so are there ones for every faction? Particularly Mamluks as I'm a vassal of theirs.

No, not for every faction. There are only four claimants.

Erik Abelson for Denmark, Simon de Montfort for England, Knut Haakonsson and Sir James de Audley for Ireland. Sadly, there's no claimant questline for Mamluk Sultanate.

You can learn about claimants' whereabouts by talking to the "traveller" NPCs you find in taverns.

Awesome. Well kudos to the mod team for even adding 4 claimants. Can't really object to not having more from a free project.

Too bad i can't instigate civil war in the sands but the bloody mongols are keeping me busy anyhow.

Thanks for the info!

Well, you can start a Civil war without claimants by yourself. Just imagine your character's background story that you are the claimant.  :mrgreen:

Arszi said:
Well, you can start a Civil war without claimants by yourself. Just imagine your character's background story that you are the claimant.  :mrgreen:

Hah - very true. Once the mongols/crusaders are dealt with perhaps my character deserves to be sultan.

Hi, I'm playing Norway, but I find NOTHING on google and nothing here  :sad: - Other then this post when I search for "mount and blade warband anno domini 1257 knut haakonsen". I found Haakonsen (acording to wikipedia the historical Haakonsen sweared alligance to the current King of "Nort-vegr" (North-way) and died a few decades before AD 1257) in Genova, but he was only talking about Swabians and Calradia and seemed to be bugged, will he continue to be bugged if I lay down my sword for him and create a rebellion? And is it in fact the right man? And what about my Village, soon to be fortified, and manor, soon to be walled. Can I just conquer it when I loose my fief as soon as I stop supporting the king and will everything be as normal? I have a husband, but he only got an impoverished village, that I can't do anything to improve, but the advantage to have a warrior wife, is to bring him into the field, create armies and storm castles. So I'm wondering, is it possible to create several manors after conquering a castle and it's villages?

Why do people say "search the forum" and then I get up, when wanting to post this:
Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 182 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

I'd generally avoid the claimants like the plague. Their questlines are notorious for causing all sorts of bugs in many other mods, never bothered to even try it in 1257AD.
Especially abandoning a claimants quest can potentially completely screw up your game. Apart from maybe the roleplaying aspect I also don't see any merit in accepting them, cause all you're basically doing is switching NPCs around.

Grow a pair and start your own faction :razz: Much more flexible and you can play it either way you want (stay small and be a loyal ally to somebody or embark on a crusade for world (europe) domination :twisted: )

EDIT: Didn't see the 3-year-necro...but oh well, it's not like this subforum is about to burst with activity, so I guess no harm done.

Back
Top Bottom