Civil War/Rebellion mechanisms

Users who are viewing this thread

kimwong888

Recruit
Is there any plan to implement civil war/rebellion mechanism in this game? It really needs this kind of mechanism to keep things interesting and dynamic for a long term save.

It could also be a true fix for the snowball issue as factions could be divided or formed through rebellion and civil war even the whole map would have unitied under one banner.

Civil Wars & Rebellions are one of the missing features. It will be in eventually.

Now faction leaders can overrule any vote about settlements or policies without any consequence. Not for long though :smile:

I like the idea, but am I missing something? Isn't the whole game based on an empirical civil war? Souther,northern, western empire all fighting the vladians for the crown and with each other for who should get it? If you look at the pedia, it's pretty obvious that there are kingdoms and hero's that are yet to be implemented so I'd say we just need some time.

Rebellions are a feature that developers confirmed they would add in the EA. I remember in one of the beta videos I saw a rebel army lay siege to a castle

I like the idea, but am I missing something? Isn't the whole game based on an empirical civil war? Souther,northern, western empire all fighting the vladians for the crown and with each other for who should get it? If you look at the pedia, it's pretty obvious that there are kingdoms and hero's that are yet to be implemented so I'd say we just need some time.

I think they mean within a faction. For example, a Battanian lord spontaneously rebelling against Caladog, or a peasant uprising in a discontent city.

And how my game is going even if one day i would rule Calradia... my countless children would spent their days making civil wars between themselves holy... :razz:

I like the idea of being able to cause civil unrest and rebellions. I think this was mentioned in one of their previous blog posts about using the gang leaders in the towns for this

And how my game is going even if one day i would rule Calradia... my countless children would spent their days making civil wars between themselves holy... :razz:
Urgh imagine Bannerlord's birthrates combined with Gavelkind succession laws.
Upon your death your hard-fought, continent-spanning empire would spontaneously explode into a billion castle-fiefdoms and city state principalities...
**Shudders violently as CK2 intro music is heard in the distance**

They need this and they need claimants just like they had in Warband. Only unlike Warband, rebellions shouldn't just be player triggered, they can also happen automatically on their own, and the player can join in if they want.

Urgh imagine Bannerlord's birthrates combined with Gavelkind succession laws.
Upon your death your hard-fought, continent-spanning empire would spontaneously explode into a billion castle-fiefdoms and city state principalities...
**Shudders violently as CK2 intro music is heard in the distance**

**Laughs in Open Succession**

There’s posts on this (17 or so), so forgive me if this is repetitive, but yes, totally, both bottom up peasant uprisings and noble sessions will add a ton, and a lot of the underlying mechanics (loyalty in settlements, relations w nobles) are already in place.

One supplementary idea: nobles should be able to conspire w each other before seceding together sometimes. Otherwise, wouldn’t the AI single clan kingdoms get circle beaten every time?

Back
Top Bottom