Chronicles of Talera 2.0 Released! (Patch 2.2 Download HERE)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adorno said:
Congratulations on the release!  :smile:

Already downloaded - but it's getting close to midnight  :neutral:

Bug-finder reporting for duty:
I did notice however, that the view of the map ends before the map does to Northwest (beyond Urlintar for instance).
And the music - as mentioned - didn't play the first time I loaded the mod.

Bug-finder dismisses  :smile:

Cheers

Thanks.  I will move those far off villages closer in in that area so that doesn't happen anymore in the next release.  I believe they are all reachable, its just that the camera doesn't continue to follow you after a certain point.

couple of minor thoughts.

The archmage in the destroyed wizard town seems to be bugged. All he wants to do is sell me linens and salts and such like a merchant  :roll: not very archmage-y.

And for a sword named after a Demon Lord, it's not all that epic.

I heard mention of a shrine when I was thumbing through the Book of the Dead, haven't found it yet though.

Is there any other undead you can conjure up then fresh zombies?

Well, great thing this is released now, thanks.

Actually, I have some Questions:

When I try to buy faction equipment, I'm just thrown back to the city's main screen. I guess that's a bug? No idea if this is the same with other factions, only tried it as Dread-Lord.

And what happened to Wrath of Serathos? Is the blade able to consume the souls of enemies I kill with it so become stronger or something like that? Maybe there are magical items hidden somewhere in Talera that can give the Sword back it's former powers? Or did it just lay around inside that old building for too long an for it's might is lost forever, The Wrath of Serathos is nothing but a trophy?

And about Necromancy...
What was that stuff about making Heroes undead? When I think of heroes, I think of the faction's lords, but they cannot be killed at all, can they?
Same with the Dread-Lords? I mean, if I kill them, I would get their skulls and could absorb their necromantic powers?

This release focused on the Feron. The armories (and quest lines) are not yet implemented for the other factions.

Now that I've gotten past that little bug I ran into, isn't there supposed to be another quest? Krug doesn't give one to me. I've talked to him several times over the last few weeks of game time and there was no option there. I'm just figuring that there must be something more since I don't have the player helm yet?

I believe after the longgaze quest is the 'shame the asaleth' quest... i forgot how i started that quest but i believe all the mission trigger includes a dialog that goes something like : "Krug asks for ur presence " or something like that

Just finished the Gilaes Quests. But the Sword I got from their King, the "Flammenscwhert", should that Name be a German word? In that case, it would be "Flammenschwert".

Khandrak said:
Now that I've gotten past that little bug I ran into, isn't there supposed to be another quest? Krug doesn't give one to me. I've talked to him several times over the last few weeks of game time and there was no option there. I'm just figuring that there must be something more since I don't have the player helm yet?

When you finished off the previous quest, did he talk to you and tell you to seek him out and he'd have a gift for you?  After that there is a trigger that fires which moves the quest to the next stage.

Eh, I've really got to finish the Feron questline once I'm done my work for tonight.

Lord Asgar said:
Just finished the Gilaes Quests. But the Sword I got from their King, the "Flammenscwhert", should that Name be a German word? In that case, it would be "Flammenschwert".

...Aren't they both the exact same spelling

Ah, I see. I'm not sure if it we're basing it entirely on the German word, but thank ye.

Lord Asgar said:

Did you actually "finish" the questline (participate in multiple quests), or did you steal the sword?  Try to refrain from posting spoilers though.  If you did, do you have any comments....?

The sword misspelling is a pretty minor thing, and if you did complete the entire quest line, I am surprised that is the one thing you had to say about it.  I asked for suggestions for changing the name because I didn't want to name it that, but never got any serious answers....

:neutral:

Lord Asgar said:
Well, great thing this is released now, thanks.

Actually, I have some Questions:

When I try to buy faction equipment, I'm just thrown back to the city's main screen. I guess that's a bug? No idea if this is the same with other factions, only tried it as Dread-Lord.

And what happened to Wrath of Serathos? Is the blade able to consume the souls of enemies I kill with it so become stronger or something like that? Maybe there are magical items hidden somewhere in Talera that can give the Sword back it's former powers? Or did it just lay around inside that old building for too long an for it's might is lost forever, The Wrath of Serathos is nothing but a trophy?

And about Necromancy...
What was that stuff about making Heroes undead? When I think of heroes, I think of the faction's lords, but they cannot be killed at all, can they?
Same with the Dread-Lords? I mean, if I kill them, I would get their skulls and could absorb their necromantic powers?

Faction Armory only applies to the Feron right now, and even then items are unlocked as you complete quests only. 

Serathos, it was decided a few weeks back, was toned down due to how easy it is to acquire.  It was much too powerful in its original form compared to the artifacts I added that are much harder to get.  Sometime in the future, it might get reworked.

The Book is a history and guide book.  There are, and may be in the future, opportunities to use it.  The Blighted Plague quest line is not in the game right now.  There is an opportunity to use that knowledge currently in the game, but I'm not going to give way how to do it this early on. 

Zargen said:
couple of minor thoughts.

The archmage in the destroyed wizard town seems to be bugged. All he wants to do is sell me linens and salts and such like a merchant  :roll: not very archmage-y.

And for a sword named after a Demon Lord, it's not all that epic.

I heard mention of a shrine when I was thumbing through the Book of the Dead, haven't found it yet though.

Is there any other undead you can conjure up then fresh zombies?

I haven't touched the archmage.  Same as last release.

For sword comments, see my comments above.

The only shrine currently in game is the Shrine of Fellath.  Check near Illoriaon, it's there.  The rest of the shrines have not been implemented as of now.

Revived Corpses are the only undead you can raise right now.  The Blighted Plague quests are not implemented yet, so you have no way of increasing your necromancy skill.  Compared to last version, which features no necromancy, I feel this is still an improvement.

was there a quest that involves Longgaze? I don't remember ever doing it, i mean i only got a few quests from Krug.

1. Kill Bandits
2. Kill bandit leader, reward: Sack of the wanderer
3. loot 15 villages, no prize
4. get death's hand

Kardiophylax said:
Did you actually "finish" the questline (participate in multiple quests), or did you steal the sword?  Try to refrain from posting spoilers though.  If you did, do you have any comments....?

The sword misspelling is a pretty minor thing, and if you did complete the entire quest line, I am surprised that is the one thing you had to say about it.  I asked for suggestions for changing the name because I didn't want to name it that, but never got any serious answers....

:neutral:

Faction Armory only applies to the Feron right now, and even then items are unlocked as you complete quests only. 

Serathos, it was decided a few weeks back, was toned down due to how easy it is to acquire.  It was much too powerful in its original form compared to the artifacts I added that are much harder to get.  Sometime in the future, it might get reworked.

The Book is a history and guide book.  There are, and may be in the future, opportunities to use it.  The Blighted Plague quest line is not in the game right now.  There is an opportunity to use that knowledge currently in the game, but I'm not going to give way how to do it this early on.

Though I like to play evil characters rather than good guys, I would never do something dishonourable as killing a wounded man just for his sword (at least if I am not on the battlefield) that should answer this question. So yes, I finished the Gilaes quests. And actually, I really liked the idea of persuation (and first aid, shouldn't that actually be an Aura now?) being more important now, as I am not that kind of player who likes to have many companions, actually, I never have any of them at all, so persuation was a useless skill for me, though I really like the image of my characters being good with words as good as with swords. So, I hope there will be a chance to use persuation more often in different quests, so that there actually is a use for using skill points on it. However, maybe it should not be absolutely necessary for solving all or most quests involving it (but maybe some of them) but make the quest easier?

Nothing else to comment about the Gilaes quests, nice idea, good rewards, just what a neutral faction should be about.
Well, actually there was one thing else: If you decide to take 'him' as companion, what about an option to send him back to the city until you need him again? I think he might be in the way sometimes.

And about the spelling, well, the quests were well developed, but I was just surprised to find a German word in the game. And yes, maybe the Name is not the best decision, as it seems to be a "Flamberge"-type, that french name is translated as Flammenschwert in German, giving the idea that the "Flammenscwhert" is just an ordinary sword with a special shape. However, I don't have any Idea for a better name, sorry. I'm not good with names.

I see. I hope these other artifacts are more powerful than the "Bent staff of skulls" or that insane hammers the crusaders of the dawn were wiedling in the last version, which seemed to be quite ordinary despite their power.

Well, then I will wait until the Plague quests and Necromancy are done, as I am a fan of the arts of the dead.
By chance, I wonder, if the player does not hail from Talera, why can you use Elven, Undead and even Dread-Lord (By the way, what kind of creatures are these guys now? From the look I'd say some kind of zombie or Lich) but not a Feron Face? I guess it's because their faces are actually helmets?

Lord Asgar said:
I see. I hope these other artifacts are more powerful than the "Bent staff of skulls" or that insane hammers the crusaders of the dawn were wiedling in the last version, which seemed to be quite ordinary despite their power.

:???: the crusaders hit hard mainly due to skills and proficiency, nothing about the equipment... I tried their warhammer, still prefer my death's hand

Cookie Eating Huskarl said:
:???: the crusaders hit hard mainly due to skills and proficiency, nothing about the equipment... I tried their warhammer, still prefer my death's hand

Well, I did not know that skill could make THAT much of a difference, but I guess that's mainly because I prefer two-handed swords, so the difference is if can kill an enemy in one hit or if I need two, so I thought the damage would be a question of equipment.

Lord Asgar said:
Well, I did not know that skill could make THAT much of a difference, but I guess that's mainly because I prefer two-handed swords, so the difference is if can kill an enemy in one hit or if I need two, so I thought the damage would be a question of equipment.

If u like two handed weapons, go do the feron quests. It's not a sword they will give u, but it's still freaking powerful

Why.so.seriousa? said:
was there a quest that involves Longgaze? I don't remember ever doing it, i mean i only got a few quests from Krug.

1. Kill Bandits
4. get death's hand

After that you get the quest to go kill Longgaze, which was the traitor to the Feron.

And yeah, Krug told me to come back to him for a reward, but when I came to him, he didn't do anything. Not sure what's up with that. I'll play around with it a little.

Edit: What is it that actually triggers the quest to return to Krug so that he will give you your reward? What am I supposed to have / what is it supposed to look like after I kill longgaze and Krug leaves? I just figure that more information could never hurt.

Khandrak said:
Why.so.seriousa? said:

1. Kill Bandits
4. get death's hand

After that you get the quest to go kill Longgaze, which was the traitor to the Feron.

And yeah, Krug told me to come back to him for a reward, but when I came to him, he didn't do anything. Not sure what's up with that. I'll play around with it a little.

Edit: What is it that actually triggers the quest to return to Krug so that he will give you your reward? What am I supposed to have / what is it supposed to look like after I kill longgaze and Krug leaves? I just figure that more information could never hurt.

I believe I see the issue in the dialog code.  Do you have a save from right before you fought Longgaze?  I'm not sure about the disappearing from the map bug, but I am pretty confident I have a fix for quest 6 not starting that could be easily hotfixed into the game.  If you could email one with the bug present in it, I'd love to see if I can fix it. Ideally, I would like to see the disappear from the map bug as well so I can troubleshoot.  If this works I will explain after.

No, I don't have a save from before I fought longgaze. I have my current save game however, if you want that one?

Found the bug thanks to Khandrak's save.

The fix will NOT be savegame compatible.  Without the fix, quests 5 and 6, and possibly quest 4 of the Feron quest line are buggy and most likely impossible to complete unless you cheated to fly around the map very quickly.  I apologize for this bug and will have a patch out, which addresses the earthquake and other reported issues, hopefully this weekend.

for some reason i can't do the quest after the Death's hand one, there seem to be no more quests and for some reason, Longgaze has dissapeared. Oh, and by the way, where's the pass of elsgard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom