Chronicles of Talera 2.0 Released! (Patch 2.2 Download HERE)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talera version 3 is now out.  Please download it instead.

Get the new, patched Chronicles of Talera 2.2 here:

https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=7&id=936

Patch Notes Here:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,56257.0.html

Chronicles of Talera 2.0 has been finalized and is now available for download!

NOTE: If the music doesn't start the first time you play, quit and restart.  This should resolve the issue.  It did in the beta anyway.

Features include

• Brand new quest line for the Feron Tribe.  See if you can rise to the rank of high chief and receive the incredible artifacts the Feron have to offer.
  • New quest line open to all factions.  Will you assist the Kingdom of Gilaes in their time of need?  Or will you use them to your own devious advantage?
  • Brand New Models for some individuals and the Feron Tribe.  Feel the awesome might of the Feron horde.
  • All New Elements of Magic including Necromancy, Illusions, and powerful Artifacts
  • New Game Mechanics including Feron Bloodthirst, a faction based armory, and more.
  • Read and learn more about your adventure as you go with your dynamically updated Lorebook of Talera.
  • All factions have been redesigned and feature their own unique fighting styles.
  • Increased emphasis on skills often avoided such as Persuasion, First Aid, and Wound Treatment skills.
  • New Scenes for many towns and castles.
  • Denser forest battle scenes for a true feeling of being in the woods.
  • 34 All New Music Tracks.  Many are faction specific and are designed to make you feel like you are a part of them
  • New intro, loading, and game menu images help keep your mind firmly planted in all that is Talera.
  • Integration of More Metal Sounds 1.3 by Checkmaty - no need to download, it's built right in.

The Chronicles of Talera Design Team (listed in the order they joined the team)

(Comments by Elenmmare)

This version has been several months in the making, and without further adieu, I need to credit and thank the entire team for their hard work and efforts on this mod.  Simply stated, the mod couldn't exist without the efforts of these individuals.  If I've missed anyone, and I may have, please, please PM me so I can make the revision.

Elenmmare - Designing, Code Writing, Lore Writing, Scene Editing, Banners/Artwork
The mod's original author and creator of the land of Talera.  Responsible for helping out in many different areas and for the guiding the general growth and direction of the mod.  Without him, the mod wouldn't exist.  I can't begin to count the number of times he has offered me artistic and lore direction or just plain gave me a great idea.
Eh, I was really just the go-ahead guy :smile:.

WhySoSeriousa? - Scene Editing
Responsible for creating the look of many of the beautiful towns you will encounter in the land of Talera.  Stay back foul menu system, these scenes are too good to miss!  So live it up, and actually explore the towns!
He's stuck with this project since the beginning, and never let me down. Thanks a bunch mate.

CookieEatingHuskarl - Model Creation/Texturing
Creator of multiple fantastic models currently seen in-game and many others still waiting their turn to make it in.  Without him, the forces of Talera wouldn't be what they are today (and will be in the future).  Besides, where else can you find a huskarl who loves a sweet cookie crunch?  :lol:
Invaluable modeller for the team. Great models matey.

Kardiophylax - Designer, Code Writer, Scene Editing, Lore Writing, Banners/Artwork
All I can say about myself if that I have put everything I can into making this mod a success.  While my main goal has been designing the world, quest design and coding, my initial job expanded as I have tried to fill the gaps wherever there was a need for help.  I hope everyone enjoys the final 2.0 product, and know that I have a large amount of ideas I'm still looking to implement in future editions.
We couldn't have done it without this guy, gentlemen. Without a doubt the best coder and designer on the team, if not the majority of the forums. You won't find a more devout modder out there.

Khandrak - Model Creation/Texturing, Rigging
Many of our models are the result of his wonderful work.  In addition to creating his own models, he has also been an asset in generously texturing any models sent his way.  On top of all that, he is the one and only rigger of Talera, which is a tremendous asset to have on our side.  Without him rigging we'd wouldn't be able to complete the transformation of Talera the way we have so far.
What can I say? The Feron owe their fancy equipment to you, and as do I.

Glaehronn Turaanen
- Lore Writing, Banners/Artwork
Glaehron is looking to get more involved in the next release of this project, but has already provided some assistance in his short time with us.  We look forward to what the future holds!
The only person who's English is a second language- and is still better than me at it!

adila - Banners/Artwork

Slayer_of_Doom - Banners/Artwork

illmatics- Banners/Artwork

Elvenbow123 - Modeling.  He has since moved onto other projects.  Best wishes, and hope you check us out again!

Additional Thanks to:
More Metal Sounds 1.3 by Checkmaty
- Great new sounds that along with the music may Talera a whole lot more fun to adventure!

Thank you to all the musical artists who have made some of their fine works freely available on the internet.  All the music featured in Talera was free to download.  They have really made Talera come alive, and I encourage you to check out anything these artists have to offer, be it for free or to buy.  These artists include:

Celestial Aeon Project
Gary Braden
Edwin Sykes
Johan Van Barel
Stephan Carroll Virtual Symphony
Luke Jimmink
Gregorian Sense
Vampire Hunter Dan

I hope everyone enjoys version 2.0!  Please use the newly cleared stickies or a new topic to post your comments and bugs, and in addition, expect to see a list of proposed features for version 3.0 soon!

Huzzah!!! Can't wait for this release! Good job team, this is going to be our first major release.

Though i'm curious, what will we do once we've finished everything, all the scenes all the factions and items? Will you guys keep modding together? And if you do, will you do it as a team or seperately?

Why.so.seriousa? said:
Huzzah!!! Can't wait for this release! Good job team, this is going to be our first major release.

Though i'm curious, what will we do once we've finished everything, all the scenes all the factions and items? Will you guys keep modding together? And if you do, will you do it as a team or seperately?

I dun think Talera is able to be finalized. Too many things can be made, too many features can be added, new story lines can be added in as well, who know, we might juz stick together for talera to have a demon invasion or something like that.

Besides that, any mod would not be complete without Easter egg items. Who's up for bunny suits!!  :lol:

Kudos to Khandrak for texturing all those models when i was still not good enuf in texturing. Thx for doing the rigging as well. I guess i would be making some new quivers,bows and sword sheaths via vertex animation. Gotta get 3dMax sometime soon. Gmax is simply lacking the basic functions. 

I'm going to hold my breath until the upload is downloadable.

Progression:  :grin: -->  :smile: --->  :oops: ---> :mrgreen: ----> *dead*

Seriously though, can't wait. Looks like a good mod just got alot better.

Well, start holding your breath in thirty minutes, and you just might survive to play it :smile:.

MarcusValerius said:
I'm going to hold my breath until the upload is downloadable.

Progression:  :grin: -->  :smile: --->  :oops: ---> :mrgreen: ----> *dead*

Seriously though, can't wait. Looks like a good mod just got alot better.
:lol: ->  :eek: ->   :mad: -> :roll:->   :???: -> :neutral: ->  :sad: ->  :oops: -> :shock:-> :?:

more detailed version...  :lol:

It's being uploaded right now. I'm used to the repository giving me minor problems, but it's getting there :smile:.

Still uploading... Can't be much longer. It's a big file, so hang in there.

Edit: If it makes you feel any better, I haven't been playing it either.

hurray some more :grin:. I'm so excited, this has been the first mod i've ever taken credit in

by the way, shouldn't Elvenbow be in the credits too? Even if he is gone, he still took part... by the way, are any of his models going to be/have been added in?

Nah, he deserves a mention. Anyway, the upload it complete, I'm just adding some information to the download.

Long live Armagan, Elenmmare, Kardio, Cookie, Khandrak, myself and whoever contributed to the mod!! And I'm turning 13 today, it's my lucky day.

Why.so.seriousa? said:
Long live Armagan, Elenmmare, Kardio, Cookie, Khandrak, myself and whoever contributed to the mod!! And I'm turning 13 today, it's my lucky day.

Happy birthday man, u were that young??!!  :shock:

How old is ur bro?

I'd hardly call 13, the unlucky number of the world, 'lucky' :smile:. Then again, in China, 14 is unlucky so you're screwed for 2 years. Still, we've got a big holiday coming up so, I guess it is.

You're telling me lies! Take your nonsense elsewhere!!
and by the way, my bro is 19.

This version is amazing, though the Gilaes quest is quite hard, i can hardly read the maps at all

Why.so.seriousa? said:
You're telling me lies! Take your nonsense elsewhere!!
and by the way, my bro is 19.

This version is amazing, though the Gilaes quest is quite hard, i can hardly read the maps at all

The maps are made to be very shoddy on purpose.  The end rewards for that quest line are quite strong in my opinion.  If you wander into the correct area, you'll know it, because a name will light up on your map.  Try to resist cheating!  :wink: 

It's sort of like a Where's Waldo or I Spy to find him.  And which map is correct changes every time you play.  It's part of the reason its a miscellaneous quest.  It's up to you when or if you do it.  Also, there is no time limit to find him, but once you do, the clock starts ticking!  Good luck, and glad you are enjoying it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom