Cheat Menu

Users who are viewing this thread

Dark Clone

Recruit
Does anyone know how to enable the cheat menu because using ctrl + ~ and typing cheatmenu does not work and I have tried editing menus.txt but I'm a n00b and can't  :razz:. Anyways any help would be appreciated 

When you start the warband launcher, go to config. You can tick the box for "enable cheat".

Now you can use all "ctrl + ___" combinations from native.

I know how to enable native cheats like ctrl + H etc. but I am talking about the cheat MENU which shows debug messages, can find any item and other cheat related stuff. 

Run a search, it has come up a few times for this mod.  I searched for and tested the method below.

Link to original thread for L&D cheating.  Read it, there are other posters who fill in more information to make it easier for others, although I got it with just the thing below.  Hardyman and AnddyiRaynor were especially helpful.

The_Normal_Anomaly said:
For whatever reason I too have been unable to get chest editing to work here.  Although in the past it has always worked for me, it is actually a good thing.  I have been motivated by the large list of items unused in the mod, or not readily available, that I found a better way still.  I don't know if you folks have also had the problem that "cheatmenu" command has not been working, but there is a fix.

Caba`drin said:
Add "Enable cheat mode" to Camp's "Take an Action" menu
1. Make a back up copy of menus.txt
2. Open menus.txt with a decent text editor (Notepad++ or the like, or at the very least make sure wordwrap is off on Notepad)
3. Find the line that begins menu_camp_action (line 57 in Native 1.143)
4. Add 2 to the final number in that line (in Native 1.143, change 6 to 8 ).
5. On the next line, which in Native begins with "mno_camp_recruit_prisoners", locate a good place to add the cheat option. It should not be the first option, or the last option, so locate a place in between other options. The end of an option is a bunch of numbers and the beginning of the next option is marked by " .  mno_action_"
6. At the place described above, paste in the following block of text AFTER the set of numbers and BEFORE the '.'
Code:
.  mno_action_disable_cheat_mode  1 31 2 144115188075856163 1  Disable_cheat_mode.  2 2133 2 144115188075856163 0 2060 1 864691128455135259  .  mno_action_enable_cheat_mode  1 31 2 144115188075856163 0  Enable_cheat_mode.  2 2133 2 144115188075856163 1 2060 1 864691128455135259
7. Make sure that before the leading ".  mno_action_disable" there are exactly 2 spaces between the '.' and the numbers that come before it, and that there are exactly 2 spaces after the trailing 'numbers' before the next ".  mno_action_"
8. Save. Play.
Source:http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,112413.msg3305049.html#msg3305049

Do that.

From the prepare for battle menu you can activate the cheat menu on the camp menu.  Included in the number of options the cheat menu has is "Find Item" giving you access on the fly to all items in the mod.  As an added bonus, this should work for saved games as well. 

Great thanks to the modding community and Caba`drin for his post.

As for the "Cheating will ruin the experience." that is totally up to you.  Personally, I had way more fun with it when I didn't have to rely on random chance to get a few objects I wanted, and it made running certain character concepts more doable, just because I didn't have to hunt every city for the basic weapons I wanted.

Thanks for the help, I managed to get the enable cheatmenu option in the camp screen but many options are missing and i can only change the weather.

It has been quite some time, and that was at least one update ago.  I had forgotten that method doesn't work properly with the current version of the mod, I suspect that it may have been changed to make that method invalid.  I wish I could remember exactly how I had changed the menu.txt to make it work again for the current edition, but from what I can remember, I'd suggest that you investigate the existing cheat menu entries using a search/find if you have the confidence.  I think that all it took was changing a 0 to a 1 to enable the menu passively. Failing that, send me a PM and I'll get you hooked up if I can via google docs or something later on.

Back
Top Bottom