Cheap Gaming

Users who are viewing this thread

Harkon Haakonson said:
Can't speak for Brave New World, can't afford that **** at the moment.

Or you suggesting I buy it for you?

I liked gods and kings as an expansion more so far but haven't quite grasped all the new features bnw brings.

Sir Prince said:
What did they change about the combat with the expansions?

They made the combat a lot better. Previously each unit had 10 hitpoints, and every unit always did a minimum of one damage. This meant that it was possible for shenanigans like barbarians taking down tanks in some instances, but I haven't seen it ever since the expansions increased it to 100 hitpoints, making the combat much better in terms of realistic casualties. Also, naval units that had no business doung ranged wttacks (triremes bombarding units on land? Seriously?) became naval "melee" units.  Embarked troops are also capable of defending themselves instead of being instantly steamrolled by some 1-health barbarian galley. Lastly, there were some new units to soften promotion gaps, like instead of classical-age archers to crossbowmen it goes from archers to composite bowmen, then crossbowmen.

Shatari said:
Kentucky Route Zero is 50% off at the maker's website, and it includes a DRM free version and a Steam key.
You had me at hello
chansub-global-emoticon-3a624954918104fe-19x27.png

I heard a lot of praise for it, but the same people later griped that it has no depth or replay value, two things I loved about the original. I'm holding out for a Xenonauts sale, personally.

Havoc said:
Hrm alright. Well I bought it, it's only $10 after all.
It's ok for ten bucks. Don't expect to want to keep playing after beating it once and given the way the game works, don't play with Ironman.
Just force yourself not to save scum and you'll have a much smoother experience. Otherwise enjoy the mouse bugging out, the camera going for a ten+ minute stroll into oblivion or clicking slightly too far away from the point you wanted to go and ending up in the wide open right in front of some alien.

[edit]
buck/bug defeated my English :c

So, Command & Conquer and S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series are 70%-75% off at Steam.

Been meaning to play S.T.A.L.K.E.R. for a while. Should I skip ahead and just get Call of Pripyat? How does it compare to Fallout NV?

Back
Top Bottom