Character Editor v1.1 released

Users who are viewing this thread

simpson

Recruit
Guys this is the second version of character editor.There were some things which i didnt like about the editor so i decided to add a few more changes to it.I am sure this version will be lot more useful to all you modders out there.

Get the new version from here http://www.mbrepository.com/modules/PDdownloads/visit.php?cid=6&lid=92

also i have included the source files if you can understand my mangled lines of code then u are free to use it :grin:
you can get the source from here
http://www.mbrepository.com/modules/PDdownloads/visit.php?cid=6&lid=93

Features:
(1)Edit any attributes of your player
(2)If you think your Lords are very stingy and dont promote you enough then you can edit your Rank and weekly wages
(3)Edit your bank balance
(4) Caps from most of the attributes(which were in v 1.0) have been removed
(5)Also you can add attribute ,skill and weapon points

Fixes:
(1)When you load the sav file in the editor all your existing stats are loaded
(2)Backup file issue is solved

Usage:
is just like v1.0
Notes:
Before you decide to edit your rankings and wages you have to join one of the factions.only then u should edit those settings.Also the rank names may vary from one mod to another but they are all same.

RANK AND WAGES SHOULD NOT BE CHANGED FOR "ARENA EXPANSION MOD"
(for some reason the sav file structure of arena mod is somewhat different, i wonder if Janus knows anything about that)

Lu Bu said:
Rathyr said:
Please excuse my ignorance but, what is the point of this? Why not just use cheats or Effidian's editor?

Way faster+easier to do things maybe?

Exactly, instead of getting your fingers hurting by pressing ctr-x 350349503495 million times you can get to the max level in just a minute :smile:

I keep getting an error "application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135)"
not sure what this means, any advice?

Rathyr said:
What is faster than pressing ctrl+x?

If you don't like it, don't use it. No need to be discouraging. It's useful to me, I know that much. Great job, simpson!

This is a great program! Many a time have I heard complaints on the time it takes to level up with cheats. Rathyr stop being ungrateful and critical

SilentBob said:
I keep getting an error "application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135)"
not sure what this means, any advice?

SilentBob maybe u havent installed Dot net framework 1.0 .If u have installed it,then have u tried character editor 1.0.?

Rathyr said:
What is faster than pressing ctrl+x?
Rathyr i guess u like to press ctrl-x instead of the editor,thats cool with me i made this editor only for improving my skills as a programmer , it has taught me more than i can learn from any book.

Thanks all you guys for the feeback.Also can u guys tell me whether its working on all the mods cos i have tried it only on last days,100 years and arena expansion.

Right uh.
No wrok for meh.
I can load everything, get to my character.. all that great fun stuff..
But after I save it, and load the game.
Nothing is different.
Now unless there's two same named mod folder in there, I highly doubt i'm in the wrong folder or the wrong save.
Any ideas?

EDIT: It's acting like i'm not putting in the level and experience correctly. Don't know why.

EDIT: It's acting like i'm not putting in the level and experience correctly. Don't know why.

There should be .bak file in the save folder if u have run character editor before. rename it to .sav and try inputting ur xp and level again.
Btw which mod are you using?

Do one thing play with ur save file some more time gain a few more xp's
and then try using the editor.The editor depends upon the location of ur level and xp values in the save file and if those values are not unique in the save file it will have problems.so gain a few more xp' before editing.

Ok i searched on microsoft.com and all it gave me was 1.1 up to 2.0 i cant find a 1.0 download.

Can anyone send me a link to character editor 1.0? becouse 1.1 dont work and i have searched for it but i cant find it i find 200 another mods.

igge23 said:
Can anyone send me a link to character editor 1.0? becouse 1.1 dont work and i have searched for it but i cant find it i find 200 another mods.

What error are you getting,have u installed Dot net framework 1.0 ?

Hey shows this message when i am Restating my saved game: Programc/program files/mount and blade/ mount and blade .exe

File/Armagon/Creatures/rigl/rgl string .cpp

Exoression: (Cursor+len <= Str_lenght

james_mc and igge23. u both seem to have the same prob my advise is
go to the save folder rename the .bak file to whatever the original sav file name was. eg sg00.bak to sg00.sav.
play with that save file for some more time earn a few 100 xp's more and then try editing again.
Always before editing check whether the stats loaded in the character editor window are same as that of ur original character if its not then earn some more xp's and try again.

Back
Top Bottom