Character dying,,,what now?

Users who are viewing this thread

ok, my toon is dying in singleplayer, i got kids ... so how do I pick the next inline? Do I just keep playing until toon dyes then get an option? or do I pick one now like the message said?

Dying possibility is too high. I fought two battles which were too easy that i gave little casualities. But my wife, scout and surgeon were among them! With this rate i will have no one with me.

So i mean, i will die probably very soon. Then, we come to OP's question.

Last edited:
Wow I'm only on like day 60. You tell me what happens.

13e.jpg

Companions are like Kamikazes during a siege. You have no control over them and they charge the walls with reckless abandon. Most of the time mine are all unconscious after a siege. If you siege a lot with death turned on you will not have any companions in your party.

Dying possibility is too high. I fought two battles which were too easy that i gave little casualities. But my wife, scout and surgeon were among them! With this rate i will have no one with me.

Unlucky, mate. I play for about 4 years now, many lords died in battles, but among my companions only 1 surgeon girl has been killed in those 4 years. Others are feeling wealthy and healthy (but I've left my wife in the city just to be sure my children will actually see the light :grin:).

A temporary thing for sieges you're not in control of might be to shuffle them to the bottom of the party screen before hand and if troops on screen is too low they may never make it onto the field.

I dunno. In all the time I have been playing (up to 1.5.0 now) I have never had anyone die. I do not believe that the check for 'heroes can die' at the beginning of the game works (yet), as I have tried it on and off for many games with no real differences noted.
This goes for sieges also. companion health has taken hits (red) but nobody died.

I dunno. In all the time I have been playing (up to 1.5.0 now) I have never had anyone die. I do not believe that the check for 'heroes can die' at the beginning of the game works (yet), as I have tried it on and off for many games with no real differences noted.
This goes for sieges also. companion health has taken hits (red) but nobody died.

Death is enabled in 1.5.1, both old age and in battle.

It works. I had my medic die on almost first occasion (The fool was killed by looters). But that was the only dead companion or family member in that game. A few knockouts, but no deaths. But it's a strange game in all aspects: After 250+ days, no realm has fallen, not even the usual Sturgians or Western and Northern Empire. Didn't notice if any Lord died, but village and town notables getting fewer.

I guess I will stick with 1.5. Hell even in 1.5 I have had lords die of natural causes. Poor Pharon died like 30 days into the game.
Yeah luckily you can turn off the battle deaths if you want in the campaign options. Will help with castle sieges and such. I had 42 year old Olek die of natural causes on my 7th day lol, no avoiding that one

I still doubt that they will make battle deaths work in this game. There is reason why they made NPCs immortal when they had designed the game the first time. You are going through insanely unrealistic amount of battles and fights in this game. You can't possibly make it work together with realistic deaths. Even if you tone down risk of death for NPCs compared to other canonfodder, you're still in danger of RNG ruining your game.

Yeah luckily you can turn off the battle deaths if you want in the campaign options. Will help with castle sieges and such. I had 42 year old Olek die of natural causes on my 7th day lol, no avoiding that one
I don't know why they have enabled any sort of deaths, especially when the option is disabled. I preffer to play with immortal heroes, so the option to do so should be available. Never had any lords die for any reason in previous games.

I must agree with hruza. The battles are so frequent (good thing) that most notable NPC's would not survive and the turnover would be high.
It would be somewhat like making 'Dogmeat' in FO4 'mortal'; he won't last two minutes.

Happend to me with my Brother and my surgeon. I can't even choose a new surgeon.....

EDIT:
You have to physically talk with the new surgeon. Then you can make her/him into the new one

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom