SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Changing the culture of a town/village

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello everyone,

As I don't know if this idea has already been submitted on this forum, I'll take the plunge.
I wonder if TaleWorlds is going to propose this in a future patch, or if a mod exists to modify the culture of a village/town, so that the troops we can recruit are from our culture or the culture of a posted governor for example.

The truth is that for me it's a pain to build a combat strategy by having to recruit troops from the other side of the map, and on top of that it's compulsory to conquer a territory from our culture and therefore remove a faction from the map in order to have a town capable of supplying troops from my culture.

To take things further, we could imagine the possibility (by creating a kingdom, for example) of creating balanced custom units, and why not a points system based on the level of the unit created, based on the abilities and weapons/armour assigned.

Finally, if the idea ends up in a future patch or mod and you have the information, I'm interested, thank you !

There are mods that do this, the bigger one being dynaculture iirc
As for the idea this I am against it personnaly, but that's mostly due to hie the rest of the game is designed.
Having the village culture change would mean potentially some troops disappear from the game, and since it's the only difference between the factions (that and colours) the game would become even duller. It would have been great if we had a better dinasty system, a better fief management system etc...
As for the customization of troops it would be broken, either OP or so bad there would be no reason to use it.
Some total overhauls including these would be great as it would be tied to the rest of the gameplay but the base game doesn't need new features. It need an overhaul of the current ones.

Last edited:
As for the idea this I am against it personnaly, but that's mostly due to hie the rest of the game is designed.
Having the village culture change would mean potentially some troops disappear from the game, and since it's the only difference between the factions (that and colours) the game would become even duller. It would have been great if we had a better dinasty system, a better fief management system etc...
As for the customization of troops it would be broken, either OP or so bad there would be no reason to use it.
Some total overhauls including these would be great as it would be tide to the rest of the gameplay but the base game doesn't need new features. It need an overhaul of the current ones.

Agreed.
But i would be open for a slot in the town to be adjustable. Say an Aserai trader in Sturgia. It´s not unrealistic that a tradesman to move. And he then brings his own culture.

Some total overhauls including these would be great as it would be tied to the rest of the gameplay but the base game doesn't need new features. It need an overhaul of the current ones.
Thanks for your reply, I'll take a look at this mod in that case.

I can understand why you might be reluctant to use this feature, but in my case it's only to have a semblance of cultural unity in my strongholds. In the end, if you extend your kingdom far enough, you end up fighting units that are the same ones you had to recruit in the region. (By force, since the surrounding towns have the same culture).

But I'd just ask the game to let us choose whether or not to change the culture, as I said earlier with the governor's culture for example, why not in the future have randomly generated troops (equipment, colour, attributes) for the new lords without a kingdom that the new patch has just added when they no longer have a fiefdom and capture one.

In any case, I think your point of view is much more conscientious, that's for sure.

Thanks for your reply, I'll take a look at this mod in that case.

I can understand why you might be reluctant to use this feature, but in my case it's only to have a semblance of cultural unity in my strongholds. In the end, if you extend your kingdom far enough, you end up fighting units that are the same ones you had to recruit in the region. (By force, since the surrounding towns have the same culture).

But I'd just ask the game to let us choose whether or not to change the culture, as I said earlier with the governor's culture for example, why not in the future have randomly generated troops (equipment, colour, attributes) for the new lords without a kingdom that the new patch has just added when they no longer have a fiefdom and capture one.

In any case, I think your point of view is much more conscientious, that's for sure.
what you can do for that is also use my little warband and copy the troop tree of the faction you want, there are parameter to have these troops spawn in your fiefs/your kingdom which can do the trick

I would like such a feature if the game could properly support it but seeing how troop trees are tied to cultures and how they are implemented in the game it would be very much a pain to create this without a complete rework of that part of the game (thus losing compatibility with a lot of mods)

edit : I don't think it's more conscentious as it would be very much logical to have such a feature alongside the dinasty system but while 1.2.0 was great I don't see TW pulling out this one well

Back
Top Bottom