Changing siege ladder into siege tower

Users who are viewing this thread

Flasharrow

Regular
hello all,

I want to change a siege ladder into a siege tower. Ive searched the forum for a while now but couldnt find anything helpfull (or im just looking in the wrong place lol i dont know). I have no clue where to start on this and really need some straight help with it.

The siege towers, called "belfries" in the code, are actually quite a complicated and sort of buggy thing which I'd advise you to delete entirely.
However, let me answer your question... Get the ModuleSystem, set it up, then flick the appropriate slot on the towns which you want to besiege with towers and not with ladders, look at the mission templates for sieges and observe how the entry points for the props are defined in the code and how they're placed in their respective scenes, and try to replicate this. I reckon this should do the trick. :smile:

Excuse me, but would it be possible to make all the changes in the Ingame Scene Editor? Or would you have problems with the AI that would have to be straightened out with the ModSys?

I seem to remember trying to do this sort of thing myself about a year ago, but I don't remember how it turned out, exactly.

That sounds about right to me. It seemed to me that I could do just about everything in the ingame editor, but IIRC I had some trouble with the AI behaving correctly, and that would've probably required the ModSys to fix. However, it's been a while since I did a lot of WB modding, and I only worked on one castle anyway, so I may be wrong.

You need to set slot_center_siege_with_belfry slot of the town/castle at "game_start" script. Here's ones that native do :
# Set which castles need to be attacked with siege towers.
  (party_set_slot,"p_town_13", slot_center_siege_with_belfry, 1),
  (party_set_slot,"p_town_16", slot_center_siege_with_belfry, 1),

(party_set_slot,"p_castle_1", slot_center_siege_with_belfry, 1),
  (party_set_slot,"p_castle_2", slot_center_siege_with_belfry, 1),
  (party_set_slot,"p_castle_4", slot_center_siege_with_belfry, 1),
  (party_set_slot,"p_castle_7", slot_center_siege_with_belfry, 1),
  (party_set_slot,"p_castle_8", slot_center_siege_with_belfry, 1),
  (party_set_slot,"p_castle_9", slot_center_siege_with_belfry, 1),
  (party_set_slot,"p_castle_11", slot_center_siege_with_belfry, 1),
  (party_set_slot,"p_castle_13", slot_center_siege_with_belfry, 1),
  (party_set_slot,"p_castle_21", slot_center_siege_with_belfry, 1),
  (party_set_slot,"p_castle_25", slot_center_siege_with_belfry, 1),
  (party_set_slot,"p_castle_34", slot_center_siege_with_belfry, 1),
  (party_set_slot,"p_castle_35", slot_center_siege_with_belfry, 1),
  (party_set_slot,"p_castle_38", slot_center_siege_with_belfry, 1),
  (party_set_slot,"p_castle_40", slot_center_siege_with_belfry, 1),
  (party_set_slot,"p_castle_41", slot_center_siege_with_belfry, 1),
  (party_set_slot,"p_castle_42", slot_center_siege_with_belfry, 1),
  (party_set_slot,"p_castle_43", slot_center_siege_with_belfry, 1),

And, siege tower need some entry points as guide path of it's moving, and marking where it will stop and moving it's platform. You can see the siege scene of above centers as reference.

Back
Top Bottom