Change attacking distance of enemies?

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi,

does anyone know something about changing the distance that enemies come towards the player for close combat?

Does it depend on the weapons they have?

Thanks in advance

You mean the distance when they switch from ranged weapons? Or the distance they start shouting battlecries?

No, I meant the distance they attack with melee weapons.
With onehanded weapons they come very close and I want to change that, so they always stay a bit more away from the player, maybe a yard or one and a half yard or somewhat...

Sorry for doublepost and for beeing obstinate.

But if no one knows aubout the distances it would be pity :p

It is because, as some will maybe already know, I'm working on a mod for new animations.
I plan to release soon a new version, but I have a problem with my onehanded animations:
They only do normal damage in a certain distance. If the enemy is too close or too far away, it always tells me, that I can only do 1 or 2 points damage mostly even zero.

Does at least someone know what this could be? Or how the weapon damage is calculated?

dreamterror said:
Does at least someone know what this could be? Or how the weapon damage is calculated?
Damage depends to a large extent on relative speed of hitbox and sword mesh at the time of impact. Your animations may have sword going in a particular way and throw off relative speed. Look on how item bone moves in a vanilla strike animation and compare it to the movement you get with your animations frame by frame. You may (or may not) spot the answer

Back
Top Bottom